-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Indiana
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
did you get another email after the acknowledging email that they received your primary, for the link to the portal? I was processed day 1 and got my acknowledgement email July 6th but haven't received anything else besides that.I submitted everything to IU on like 7/22, but none of my stuff has been marked off yet on my portal. Anyone else in the same boat or anyone have everything marked off yet?
serotonin1
Full Member
Transmitted 6/25 no word til 7/16. Hang in there!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
learnerofallthings
New Member
For those with II, has anybody's "Status" tab been updated? I submitted all the required docs more than two weeks ago and a lot of things still show as "not received."
IU will only send you the link to the application portal if they invite you to interviewdid you get another email after the acknowledging email that they received your primary, for the link to the portal? I was processed day 1 and got my acknowledgement email July 6th but haven't received anything else besides that.
mine was like that for a while but just in the past few days I've got everything checked off except CASPer, prereqs and letters of recommendation!For those with II, has anybody's "Status" tab been updated? I submitted all the required docs more than two weeks ago and a lot of things still show as "not received."
serotonin1
Full Member
Exact same boat, only have legal disclosure and grad fee marked complete (4 left unchecked)For those of you that got the official date for your interview, did you see any changes in the portal beforehand? Just waiting for my stuff to get checked off. Completed the app 7/26 when I received the II.
Edit: Dean Cert marked off 8/5
Last edited:
snyderwe34
Full Member
I have everything marked off but the prerequisites. Will they not give an official date until everything is checked off?
Anecdotal, but last cycle I definitely got my interview date before my LORs were checked off. It was later in the cycle, so I don't know if it's any different earlier on or not.I have everything marked off but the prerequisites. Will they not give an official date until everything is checked off?
I'm IS and my primary app was verified 8/4 and I received the acknowledgement from IU today, 8/5! Hoping for some good news soon as IUSM is my dream school!!
Same!Finally got IU's acknowledgement email today! OOS, no ties, transmitted first day.
II at 7L13
Lizzy M 82.20, ORM, OOS no ties, complete 7/27
Lizzy M 82.20, ORM, OOS no ties, complete 7/27
snyderwe34
Full Member
Congrats! do you have a date set as well or just access to the portal?II at 7L13
Lizzy M 82.20, ORM, OOS no ties, complete 7/27
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
adam12thompson
New Member
For anyone still nervous about not receiving an email, I just received an email from IU saying they received my primary and I was verified day one.
Im OOS. Anyone know how that works that my application gets pushed back so far to just be received?
Im OOS. Anyone know how that works that my application gets pushed back so far to just be received?
I think they sort it based on stats, URM/ORM, IS/OOS, and mission fit if you are OOS. When they send you the received receipt, that's them letting you know that they downloaded your app, not necessarily that they just got it.For anyone still nervous about not receiving an email, I just received an email from IU saying they received my primary and I was verified day one.
Im OOS. Anyone know how that works that my application gets pushed back so far to just be received?
For those of you who have received IIs, what time did you guys get the email? Just curious if they send them at a certain time or all throughout the day
Just access to the portal. Currently working on getting all their forms filled out etc.Congrats! do you have a date set as well or just access to the portal?
I got mine in the morning! Around 7 am ESTFor those of you who have received IIs, what time did you guys get the email? Just curious if they send them at a certain time or all throughout the day
serotonin1
Full Member
I got mine at 6:30 am lolFor those of you who have received IIs, what time did you guys get the email? Just curious if they send them at a certain time or all throughout the day
sittingbyalake
Full Member
Does anyone know if there is a commitment to primary care or staying in a rural area after residency for RMEP?
I'm OOS and I don't think I've received anything from them and I was verified in late June. Did my 1st quartile Casper get me weeded out or do I just need to wait longer?
I was verified 7/13 with 4th quartile Casper and have not heard anything either. I think they download apps in a certain priority.I'm OOS and I don't think I've received anything from them and I was verified in late June. Did my 1st quartile Casper get me weeded out or do I just need to wait longer?
tumbleweed455
Full Member
Couldn't tell you for sure but from my understanding no. I believe it's just a program for students interested in practicing in rural settings to help better their preparation for it.Does anyone know if there is a commitment to primary care or staying in a rural area after residency for RMEP?
Hey guys, I (OOS) just received my primary received email.
I had a friend who received a similar email, but it said their application had been download, and they didn't get a received email.
Are these two equivalent?
I had a friend who received a similar email, but it said their application had been download, and they didn't get a received email.
Are these two equivalent?
D
deleted1108162
if our app was verified 2 weeks ago and we still haven't heard anything from Indiana, such as "app was received" should we call them?
callisto777
Full Member
It took them 6 weeks to send me that email since having my verified app, so I would probably wait it out a bit longer imoif our app was verified 2 weeks ago and we still haven't heard anything from Indiana, such as "app was received" should we call them?
anywaythisisme
New Member
Awesome, thanks!No, it doesn't matter! I think it's just based on their availability and probably where they think you have the best fit (but again, you get to choose the campus if accepted)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anywaythisisme
New Member
Yup, exact same for me too!Yeah same boat. Interviewing 8/25 with everything marked complete except CASPer, which I took like middle of June. IDK what's up with that.
About 2.5 weeksHow long did it take you guys to receive an ii after your app was downloaded?
serotonin1
Full Member
10 daysHow long did it take you guys to receive an ii after your app was downloaded?
II scheduled, notification for the scheduling received today
serotonin1
Full Member
Same II offer date but no scheduled date yet, can I ask when yours is?Received II on 7/26. Just received the official date of interview today! 👍
D
deleted1108162
stats?II scheduled, notification for the scheduling received today
D
deleted1108162
stats?Same II offer date but no scheduled date yet, can I ask when yours is?
I just received the scheduled date email like 30 mins ago. Scheduled for 9/1
Same. Good luck famSame II offer date but no scheduled date yet, can I ask when yours is?
I just received the scheduled date email like 30 mins ago. Scheduled for 9/1
Last edited:
Is receipt email same as app downloaded email?
unclepeanutz
Full Member
it's been a month since my AMCAS was processed, and still no acknowledgement e-mail or anything. should i be concerned?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You should actually be glad because it means they haven’t downloaded your app and therefore you’re still in the running for an II. Compared to some who had their app downloaded a month ago but still haven’t heard anything after initial acknowledgment of application, you’re in a good position
I have the same II date and everything's checked off, but no scheduled date yet. We'll hopefully know soon!Same II offer date but no scheduled date yet, can I ask when yours is?
Interview scheduled for 8/25 EDP, LM ~74. Does anyone know if the interviewers are randomly assigned to a candidate since my two interviewers aren't physicians; rather, they both have PhDs? It came as odd to me that I am going to be interviewing for an MD program, yet both of my interviewers aren't even MDs. A friend of mine who's RD said both of their interviewers are MDs, so I was curious to know if this is telling or not.
Last edited:
A fair amount of faculty members at most medical schools are PhDs rather than MDs (a lot also have both). Probably just random unless you expressed interest in particular research area