2021-2022 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I was transmitted over 2 weeks ago.... should I be concerned or is this reasonable from any of y'alls experience?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted everything to IU on like 7/22, but none of my stuff has been marked off yet on my portal. Anyone else in the same boat or anyone have everything marked off yet?
did you get another email after the acknowledging email that they received your primary, for the link to the portal? I was processed day 1 and got my acknowledgement email July 6th but haven't received anything else besides that.

Transmitted 6/25 no word til 7/16. Hang in there!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those with II, has anybody's "Status" tab been updated? I submitted all the required docs more than two weeks ago and a lot of things still show as "not received."

did you get another email after the acknowledging email that they received your primary, for the link to the portal? I was processed day 1 and got my acknowledgement email July 6th but haven't received anything else besides that.
IU will only send you the link to the application portal if they invite you to interview

For those with II, has anybody's "Status" tab been updated? I submitted all the required docs more than two weeks ago and a lot of things still show as "not received."
mine was like that for a while but just in the past few days I've got everything checked off except CASPer, prereqs and letters of recommendation!

For those of you that got the official date for your interview, did you see any changes in the portal beforehand? Just waiting for my stuff to get checked off. Completed the app 7/26 when I received the II.

For those of you that got the official date for your interview, did you see any changes in the portal beforehand? Just waiting for my stuff to get checked off. Completed the app 7/26 when I received the II.
Exact same boat, only have legal disclosure and grad fee marked complete (4 left unchecked)

Edit: Dean Cert marked off 8/5

Last edited:
I have everything marked off but the prerequisites. Will they not give an official date until everything is checked off?

I have everything marked off but the prerequisites. Will they not give an official date until everything is checked off?
Anecdotal, but last cycle I definitely got my interview date before my LORs were checked off. It was later in the cycle, so I don't know if it's any different earlier on or not.

I'm IS and my primary app was verified 8/4 and I received the acknowledgement from IU today, 8/5! Hoping for some good news soon as IUSM is my dream school!!

Finally got IU's acknowledgement email today! OOS, no ties, transmitted first day.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone still nervous about not receiving an email, I just received an email from IU saying they received my primary and I was verified day one.
Im OOS. Anyone know how that works that my application gets pushed back so far to just be received?

For anyone still nervous about not receiving an email, I just received an email from IU saying they received my primary and I was verified day one.
Im OOS. Anyone know how that works that my application gets pushed back so far to just be received?
I think they sort it based on stats, URM/ORM, IS/OOS, and mission fit if you are OOS. When they send you the received receipt, that's them letting you know that they downloaded your app, not necessarily that they just got it.

For those of you who have received IIs, what time did you guys get the email? Just curious if they send them at a certain time or all throughout the day

For those of you who have received IIs, what time did you guys get the email? Just curious if they send them at a certain time or all throughout the day
I got mine in the morning! Around 7 am EST

Does anyone know if there is a commitment to primary care or staying in a rural area after residency for RMEP?

I'm OOS and I don't think I've received anything from them and I was verified in late June. Did my 1st quartile Casper get me weeded out or do I just need to wait longer?

I'm OOS and I don't think I've received anything from them and I was verified in late June. Did my 1st quartile Casper get me weeded out or do I just need to wait longer?
I was verified 7/13 with 4th quartile Casper and have not heard anything either. I think they download apps in a certain priority.

Does anyone know if there is a commitment to primary care or staying in a rural area after residency for RMEP?
Couldn't tell you for sure but from my understanding no. I believe it's just a program for students interested in practicing in rural settings to help better their preparation for it.

Transmitted 6/25, emailed abt being downloaded today 8/9

Hey guys, I (OOS) just received my primary received email.

I had a friend who received a similar email, but it said their application had been download, and they didn't get a received email.

Are these two equivalent?

if our app was verified 2 weeks ago and we still haven't heard anything from Indiana, such as "app was received" should we call them?

if our app was verified 2 weeks ago and we still haven't heard anything from Indiana, such as "app was received" should we call them?
It took them 6 weeks to send me that email since having my verified app, so I would probably wait it out a bit longer imo

How long did it take you guys to receive an ii after your app was downloaded?

Received II on 7/26. Just received the official date of interview today! 👍

II scheduled, notification for the scheduling received today

Reactions: 3 users
Same II offer date but no scheduled date yet, can I ask when yours is?
I just received the scheduled date email like 30 mins ago. Scheduled for 9/1

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone got an II for the Northwest campus? And if anyone is familiar with this campus location, could you give me some information about it? Thanks.

Interview scheduled for the 1st of September!

Reactions: 2 users
it's been a month since my AMCAS was processed, and still no acknowledgement e-mail or anything. should i be concerned?

You should actually be glad because it means they haven’t downloaded your app and therefore you’re still in the running for an II. Compared to some who had their app downloaded a month ago but still haven’t heard anything after initial acknowledgment of application, you’re in a good position

Thanks for offering!! Current IU resident, non-trad and former military. GPA and MCAT on the lower end (3.4, 505). Very worried about likelihood even with being instate. Thanks for the advice!

Same II offer date but no scheduled date yet, can I ask when yours is?
I have the same II date and everything's checked off, but no scheduled date yet. We'll hopefully know soon!

Interview scheduled for 8/25 EDP, LM ~74. Does anyone know if the interviewers are randomly assigned to a candidate since my two interviewers aren't physicians; rather, they both have PhDs? It came as odd to me that I am going to be interviewing for an MD program, yet both of my interviewers aren't even MDs. A friend of mine who's RD said both of their interviewers are MDs, so I was curious to know if this is telling or not.

Last edited:
A fair amount of faculty members at most medical schools are PhDs rather than MDs (a lot also have both). Probably just random unless you expressed interest in particular research area