2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, is anyone part of Erie's MMS program? If so, may I ask them some questions please?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got accepted into LECOM Erie PCSP pathway last week! Can't wait to meet you all. If anyone has any insight into the pcsp pathway, any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Reactions: 2 users
Got accepted into LECOM Erie PCSP pathway last week! Can't wait to meet you all. If anyone has any insight into the pcsp pathway, any advice would be greatly appreciated :)
Congrats! Did you get an email or phone call?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Did you get an email or phone call?
I got a letter in the mail. I was on the wait list and I saw that my admissions portal changed from being on the waitlist to "An official decision has been made and expect a letter in about 14 days" (paraphrasing). I saw that it happened to someone else on this thread too. So if you check everyday and see the admissions tab change, then I'm sure you can be confident you got the A!

Reactions: 1 users
They are different lists.

My understanding is this:

Alternates have essentially been picked to move into seats as they become, or are deemed, available.

Waitlist applicants will have additional review(s) as the cycle goes on to be decided into another fate at a later time (accepted, alternate list, or rejected).
LECOM AdComs have confirmed they are the same thing.

got a call from Elmira last week confirming my interest on alternate list (asked if I was fully vaccinated, able to pay deposit asap, would accept the offer), portal updated to a decision has been made, letter in 14 days etc. not to be psycho but anyone know how long it takes to mail a letter lol

got a call from Elmira last week confirming my interest on alternate list (asked if I was fully vaccinated, able to pay deposit asap, would accept the offer), portal updated to a decision has been made, letter in 14 days etc. not to be psycho but anyone know how long it takes to mail a letter lol
It depends where you live in relation to the sender. Hopefully 7 days and not 14 as long as you don’t live in like Alaska.

Literally got the same call from Erie last week but still not portal change. Getting nervous haha but congratulations!

My portal changed on Monday and I received my letter on Friday (currently living in FL). Sign up for informed delivery through USPS if you haven't already!

Does anyone know what date classes begin for Erie

Members don't see this ad :)
I called them a couple of days ago and they said the class is full..

I called them a couple of days ago and they said the class is full..
The class may be full today, but things could change. Waitlist movement is unpredictable. Someone might get an acceptance at their top choice tomorrow, and a seat becomes available in a blink.

Reactions: 4 users
Would the movement not happen right after May 15th since people can’t hold multiple acceptances?

Reviewed the traffic guidelines again: “After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions. An osteopathic medical college may rescind an offer of admissions to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the osteopathic medical college chooses to withdraw the candidate from the entering class, the college must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice. After the 15-day notice, if the candidate does not respond and is withdrawn from a college, the deposit is forfeited, and the seat may be given to another candidate”. So May 30 is the 15-day post notification deadline. Totally speculating on the timeline for us 😂. Literally could happen any day though as acceptances shift, ppl are pulled from waitlists at other schools which then opens seats at this school…domino effect, you get the idea

Ya, thats kinda what the alt list is for. People withdrawing for whatever reason, and we go in to fill it up. I would guess that its normal now that it is full or close to full.

LECOM told me they don’t rank their alternate list but idk how true that is

LECOM told me they don’t rank their alternate list but idk how true that is
what do you mean by "idk how true that is"? also didn't you get an update from Erie of the AL?

what do you mean by "idk how true that is"? also didn't you get an update from Erie of the AL?
I feel a lot of schools say they don’t rank but there has to be some type of ranking that allows some people to get picked over others. This is just my opinion though!

Yeah I'm starting to think there's a low probability of getting off the WL for erie

Daily WL check-in, anyone hear anything?

Daily WL check-in, anyone hear anything?
Interview Reaction GIF

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
I got the June monthly check-in email this morning. It makes it sound like movement is huge and happening.... contrary to what we've seen here lol

• Hmm
I got the June monthly check-in email this morning. It makes it sound like movement is huge and happening.... contrary to what we've seen here lol
Also, did you apply to Erie, SH, which one?
endgame-avengers.gif

Last edited:
erie, got no email
Aw man, are you on the WL at any other schools? Btw the email I got was specifically for SH but they did say "We can accept students from the alternate list through July 29. We will not have any status updates for you unless we contact you about an offer, so please do not email to inquire about your current application status." So I guess we do have some time.... but I'm not sure if the July 29 applies to all branches or just SH. Also be sure to check your spam folder in case you've missed these emails.

erie, got no email
Same, Erie, no email. But get your hopes up, if SH movement is just starting and its gonna be big, it probably is similar for Erie as well.
Aw man, are you on the WL at any other schools? Btw the email I got was specifically for SH but they did say "We can accept students from the alternate list through July 29. We will not have any status updates for you unless we contact you about an offer, so please do not email to inquire about your current application status." So I guess we do have some time.... but I'm not sure if the July 29 applies to all branches or just SH. Also be sure to check your spam folder in case you've missed these emails.
In the previous emails, it said movement continues into the first week of class or something like that, so it is also pretty late for Erie.

Reactions: 3 users
Same, Erie, no email. But get your hopes up, if SH movement is just starting and its gonna be big, it probably is similar for Erie as well.

In the previous emails, it said movement continues into the first week of class or something like that, so it is also pretty late.
YES, THIS IS THE ENERGY WE NEED WOOO

Reactions: 3 users
Here's to hoping the movement is huge and happens soon. I am losing my marbles checking the admissions portal constantly

Reactions: 4 users
I just got accepted off the Waitlist this morning at Seton Hill.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
For those on the WL, are you looking for apartments already?
Yeah, I haven't applied but I have several "favorited" and keep checking daily just to make sure there will be options if I by chance am able to get off the AL.

For those AL/WL at Erie, when was the last email correspondence y'all received? Last update email I have is from 04/06 to confirm LECOM alternate status so they can I guess take off some students and narrow it down to those still interested. Anything else from Erie from anyone else since then?

Interviewed 11/2021, Info session 12/2021, AL 12/2021.

For those AL/WL at Erie, when was the last email correspondence y'all received? Last update email I have is from 04/06 to confirm LECOM alternate status so they can I guess take off some students and narrow it down to those still interested. Anything else from Erie from anyone else since then?

Same, last I heard was 4/6

II 8/17, info sess 9/24, AL list mid November

After three years on the alternate list I got into lecom this week!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted to Seton Hill off of the waitlist today at 3pm

I got a call from Erie two weeks ago asking me to reconfirm my interest and that my file has been pulled. Since then I haven’t heard back so feeling a little discouraged

• Care