2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone even get any form of contact from Erie? Phone Calls, email, called their office, anything?

also i hate the lack of transparency LECOM's WL movement has ugh

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Did anyone even get any form of contact from Erie? Phone Calls, email, called their office, anything?

also i hate the lack of transparency LECOM's WL movement has ugh
It is not lack of transparency, it is just that you want to know if they will accept you or not. You’ll think they will be transparent when they’ll tell you that! You need to be patient, and think of a plan B (study for the MCAT, reapply,…). Have faith and be smart!

Reactions: 1 users
1655324580255.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
lol, no don't get me wrong i understand what you mean. but I'm not the only one who's in the dark. It looks like plenty of others haven't heard anything as well. I'm just saying if we had more information like what rank we are on the list, it would be a lot less stressful to everyone.

May the force be with you my dude!

Reactions: 1 user
lol, no don't get me wrong i understand what you mean. but I'm not the only one who's in the dark. It looks like plenty of others haven't heard anything as well. I'm just saying if we had more information like what rank we are on the list, it would be a lot less stressful to everyone.

May the force be with you my dude!
I think that would create even more anxiety if you are between the firsts on the list! It is stressful no matter what. If it is meant to be it will be I guess…

I think that would create even more anxiety if you are between the firsts on the list! It is stressful no matter what. If it is meant to be it will be I guess…
I see where you're getting at, I guess for me I would have to disagree, but that's just me

It is not lack of transparency, it is just that you want to know if they will accept you or not. You’ll think they will be transparent when they’ll tell you that! You need to be patient, and think of a plan B (study for the MCAT, reapply,…). Have faith and be smart!
I think what they mean is that we were getting communication from Erie about how the waitlist was going to work, when movement was going to start happening etc. Now that it's started communication from the school has basically become non-existent. On top of that the transparency is like 0 they won't give feedback unlike most schools who if you've been unsuccessful to achieving their medical admission they give recommendations on their other "top" programs or provide ways to get possibly accepted into medicine.

Reactions: 3 users
Most of us are patient. We want to become physicians one day, I’d hope we all have patience. But during the brutal cycles, it’s completely normal to feel antsy and impatient when you’re in the complete unknown. I hope we all find some light during this tough waiting period and truly rooting for everyone’s success, whether this cycle or one day.

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my A for seton hill. Best of luck to everyone still waiting for an A!

Reactions: 2 users
Got accepted to Erie about 6 months ago. Never expected I'd end up here but I committed back in April. Still sitting on some waitlists elsewhere so if I get in, I'll be the first to drop from Erie and hopefully it goes to one of you. Haven't even considered signing for housing or anything yet.

Well guys, it happened. I'll be withdrawing from LECOM Erie today. Hope the seat goes to one of you!! Good luck! I know you'll all become fantastic doctors! And please don't give up hope! Keep advocating for yourself and keep persisting. I had a lot of dark moments this cycle but somehow it worked out.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Well guys, it happened. I'll be withdrawing from LECOM Erie today. Hope the seat goes to one of you!! Good luck! I know you'll all become fantastic doctors! And please don't give up hope! Keep advocating for yourself and keep persisting. I had a lot of dark moments this cycle but somehow it worked out.
Congratulations my dude! Best of luck!

Also, were you LDP?

Last edited:
Has anyone been in contact with the Elmira campus and know about waitlist movement? I have never been able to be connected when I call the number

Has anyone been in contact with the Elmira campus and know about waitlist movement? I have never been able to be connected when I call the number
I got pulled off the waitlist at the end of last week, so it's happening! But I also haven't been able to get in touch with anyone when I've called the number listed online. I'd say emailing is probably your best bet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, the number listed on the site doesn't work. Email is the best way to go, Suzanne Harkness is pretty responsive. Also, you can call the Erie campus and they can transfer your call to Elmira, that's the only way I was able to call Elmira previously.

I got pulled off the waitlist at the end of last week, so it's happening! But I also haven't been able to get in touch with anyone when I've called the number listed online. I'd say emailing is probably your best bet.
congratulations!!! did you get an email/phone call prior?

Yea, the number listed on the site doesn't work. Email is the best way to go, Suzanne Harkness is pretty responsive. Also, you can call the Erie campus and they can transfer your call to Elmira, that's the only way I was able to call Elmira previously.
For email, did you email asking about movement of your letter of intents? They said to not email letter of intents so I wasn't sure...

Do you have her email

Update for Elmira: they are seeing movement within the seated class and it seems as though there is a difference between waitlist and alternate based on the wording of Suzanne's reply

"We are seeing movement within the seated class. We are currently reviewing those applicants on the alternate and waitlists to determine which applicants we would like to offer a seat to should one become available. We will continue to review the lists and offer seats through the start of the semester"

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just dislike this post if you haven't heard anything from Erie LDP Alternate List

• Dislike
What's Suzanne's email? Since the phone number on the website doesn't seem to work? I wanted to have something clarified for me- and I usually would ask Lisa.

Apparently, I'm getting mail from LECOM today and that they made a decision in my portal. This is after being waitlisted. Do they send physical rejection letters?

• Care
  • Wow
Apparently, I'm getting mail from LECOM today and that they made a decision in my portal. This is after being waitlisted. Do they send physical rejection letters?
Pray for the A my dude

Y'all, it's been a wild ride. Just got the acceptance letter so there's still hope left for everyone. Good luck to everyone else waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Y'all, it's been a wild ride. Just got the acceptance letter so there's still hope left for everyone. Good luck to everyone else waiting!
That's amazing!!! Congratulations!! Which campus? And did you receive a call or portal change or just receive a letter?

That's amazing!!! Congratulations!! Which campus? And did you receive a call or portal change or just receive a letter?
Thanks! Seton Hill. I actually got the USPS notification for a physical letter before I went to check my portal and it said a decision had been made. I might have gotten a call too but might have missed it.

Thanks! Seton Hill. I actually got the USPS notification for a physical letter before I went to check my portal and it said a decision had been made. I might have gotten a call too but might have missed it.
Did u also rank SH first when u filled out the form?

How long does she usually take to respond?
I know she was covering in the Erie office (not sure if she's still there) so she may be more delayed in responding than usual. If it's a general question, maybe you should email the general admissions address

I know she was covering in the Erie office (not sure if she's still there) so she may be more delayed in responding than usual. If it's a general question, maybe you should email the general admissions address
No it's more specific

Is there a group me or anything other than the Facebook group for the class of 2026?

Has anyone even called/heard from erie?