2021-2022 Maryland

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

R pre II. 2.2 uGPA / 4.0 SMP / 519 / IS / Top choice
Not surprising, but not pleasant.
Hoping that my quitting my salaried job with benefits to do a $40k master's and now scribe for $11/ hour will pay off one day. Otherwise, I will feel very foolish.
This scares me. I'm also IS.
 
This scares me. I'm also IS.
Wow, your academic situation looks quite similar to mine. I have heard from several former students that Maryland is known for holistic review and consideration of unusual academic records, but obviously I didn't get any love. I'd be curious to see how things go for you and also what your list is.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete late august, Canadian applicant. Haven’t heard anything, no hold or II. Wondering what this may mean.
 
Just got an interview invite an hour ago! Was complete September 27th, so pretty late. Super nervous as this is my state school and basically the only med school I want to get into. I was very surprised the earliest interview slot is in February though. Does this mean I'm in the last batch of those being interviewed? And does anyone who already interviewed have any advice? This is my first med school interview so not sure what to expect.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my secondary application submitted email on 30-Nov (11/30). I am IS with 3.8 uGPA and 508 MCAT. Do I have a chance in this cycle?
 
Based on historical data, looks like some November interviewees can expect to start hearing back next week. Good luck everyone!!!