2021-2022 Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it too late to apply to this school if im an OOS applicant?
might as well if you think you can get the secondary out quickly.

Members don't see this ad.

II this morning! IS. Average stats
I’m so happy this is my dream school!
Sending good luck to everyone

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone who got interviews. Do any of you know if we applied before people got IIs and didn't hear anything what that means? I was complete at the same time as people receiving interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I'm OOS but have close family in Maryland and have spent extended time there over the summers in the past. Does that count as "ties" to the institution? Just deciding whether applying is worth it or not!

Hi! I'm OOS but have close family in Maryland and have spent extended time there over the summers in the past. Does that count as "ties" to the institution? Just deciding whether applying is worth it or not!
The way I see it that's ties to the state but not ties to the institution. I lived there up until I was 18 and attended UMD-College Park but had no ties to the UMSOM institution itself. If I'm wrong that sucks lol.

The way I see it that's ties to the state but not ties to the institution. I lived there up until I was 18 and attended UMD-College Park but had no ties to the UMSOM institution itself. If I'm wrong that sucks lol.
Dang yeah that makes sense, I guess I'll talk about my family because that's a reason why I'd want to attend the school, as a reason why I'm interested in the school!
That's cool, pretty much my cousins went there! It would be weird to go to med school there but now I'm not super confident with looking at their OOS stats haha

Members don't see this ad :)
seems to be pretty quiet so far, does anyone know when IIs tend to pick up here?
Took a look at previous years' threads. For 2020-2021 cycle, IIs started 09/04 and were reported weekly. For 2019-2020 cycle, IIs started 08/16, silence for 2 weeks, and started up weekly in early September.

Reactions: 2 users
II
Complete mid august
URM
LM ~ 76

Has anyone had an interview yet? Would you be willing to share how that went for you? Looking forward to my interview next week :)

II just received! Complete 07/15, OOS, ORM.

Interview spots currently available for Oct 27th, Mondays and Wednesdays throughout November and the first half of December! Portal says that interviews will run until February 23, 2022, but dates after mid December are not available yet.

Did y’all get confirmation emails after scheduling your interview?
I didn't get one, but got an email 9 days before my interview with more information and the link to watch the videos

Good luck everyone on your interview! Would anyone who already had their interview or current students like to share some insights about the interview experience?

Received an II this morning! IS & complete 9/14 :)
Congratulations! MD is my state school and I am writing secondary now. Targetting to submit by 08-Oct. After you are done with interview, would you please give me some inputs about your interview experience?

Anyone receive an R or hold from this school yet?

Congratulations! MD is my state school and I am writing secondary now. Targetting to submit by 08-Oct. After you are done with interview, would you please give me some inputs about your interview experience?
I definitely can! All of the October & November dates were filled so I'm interviewing in December but I will let you know :)

Reactions: 1 users
II on 9/20, complete early August. Scheduled for 10/20-- wish me luck!

• Love
has anyone heard back? Last year the first acceptance was at around 10:30:/

Does the U of Maryland consider a relatively recent arrival - say within 1 or 2 years of applying - to be in state?

I read that the MSAR shows a 521 avg MCAT for U of Maryland matriculants. Is that correct?

I read that the MSAR shows a 521 avg MCAT for U of Maryland matriculants. Is that correct?
I'm seeing a 513 median MCAT for matriculated, and 514 median for accepted.

Reactions: 1 users
Got an email at 8:55 am to check my portal and I received the A!!! Good luck everyone. See you guys in the fall! Interviewed on 10/4

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Interview invite this morning! IS reapplicant and completed 8/2.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted today!! IS but apparently was misclassified as OOS, interviewed 10/6

• Love
Also accepted this morning!!! IS, but was also misclassified as OOS, I heard this happens to a lot of people.

What are your ties to MD? How did you establish your IS status?
I was born and lived in MD all my life except for college and my permanent address is in MD. Registrar office said they've been getting a lot of reclassification requests from students accepted to the med school.

I was born and lived in MD all my life except for college and my permanent address is in MD. Registrar office said they've been getting a lot of reclassification requests from students accepted to the med school.

So applicants have been getting admitted as in state applicants, then the registrar classifies them as out of state for purposes of tuition and so they ask to be reclassified? Did I get that right?

Did you have to ask to be reclassified?