You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Massachusetts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
That subject line gave me a heart attack lolJust got an email with their post-interview survey…I swear my heart stopped for a few seconds 😂
HMMM I didn't get one and interviewed about a month agoJust got an email with their post-interview survey…I swear my heart stopped for a few seconds 😂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wouldn’t read too much into it, it’s just a survey lolHMMM I didn't get one and interviewed about a month ago
LOL that's true, thanks!I wouldn’t read too much into it, it’s just a survey lol
D
deleted965595
Awfully quiet in here. Anyone hear anything at all?
I got an email today about my residency status for Umass.. hoping that means my app is starting to get reviewed? Other than that though, have not heard anything, although I was only complete here in early August.
zoraktheattack
Full Member
Hi y'all. I'm interviewing very soon and was just wondering if anyone who had already interviewed had some general advice for the MMI format at Umass.
Any advice is appreciated! Thanks
Any advice is appreciated! Thanks
UMass’ MMI was by far the smoothest interview experience I’ve had. You go into a main zoom in the beginning and they go through the process of checking you in (you will be pulled into a breakout room by yourself and expected to give your AMCAS ID and show photo ID). Then you rejoin the main zoom and once everyone’s checked in, they send you into your own breakout rooms for the MMI. I really liked this because it required zero effort on the part of the applicants lol you were just shuffled from room to room until you finished and then they bring you all back together for a closing statement.Hi y'all. I'm interviewing very soon and was just wondering if anyone who had already interviewed had some general advice for the MMI format at Umass.
Any advice is appreciated! Thanks
Other than that it’s your typical MMI experience. It was very chill and all the interviewers came off as neutral but friendly, if that makes sense. I honestly can’t say enough good things about interviewing with them - you go in, do your thing and get out. The only thing I wished they had offered was an actual presentation or something on the school during the interview session, but I think they were going for efficiency in excluding that and you have the option of attending info sessions solely for interviewers after (or before) you’ve interviewed. They also email you a link to a really nice interview resources page which I highly recommend looking over before your interview. Good luck!
I hope so!!! I don' think they mentioned any specific time during my interview.Do we think early interview dates will hear back this Friday? 😬
I sure hope so too
They didn’t mention a specific time during mine but they did say something to the effect of “October 15 is the first day we can release decisions” so I am hoping that means they will release some batches Friday!I hope so!!! I don' think they mentioned any specific time during my interview.
I also wonder if they usually release IS or OOS first or both at the same time?
Amoeba2022
Full Member
Just got an email confirming I'm not eligible for in-state tuition (which I already knew), but I'm hoping that means they're reviewing my application?? Has anyone received an II shortly after getting a tuition email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted965595
I got the tuition eligibility email as soon as I was marked complete (end of Aug). Silence since.Just got an email confirming I'm not eligible for in-state tuition (which I already knew), but I'm hoping that means they're reviewing my application?? Has anyone received an II shortly after getting a tuition email?
I got that email a few weeks ago, more than a month since I was marked complete, but nothing since.Just got an email confirming I'm not eligible for in-state tuition (which I already knew), but I'm hoping that means they're reviewing my application?? Has anyone received an II shortly after getting a tuition email?
YesHi I am applying for both the PURCH track and 4 year MD program. Does anyone know if it is possible to still get into the 4 year MD program if one doesn't get accepted into the PURCH track?
D
deleted1092328
II
Complete 9/24
Complete 9/24
Congrats OOS/IS?II
Complete 9/24
D
deleted965595
Wow! Congrats! Really quick turn around. What's your X factor?? 😵II
Complete 9/24
D
deleted1092328
OOSCongrats OOS/IS?
Wow! Congrats! Really quick turn around. What's your X factor?? 😵
doNt have one, unless having swag counts
GrayCanary21
Full Member
II just now! OOS, complete 8/26
yeehawthorne
New Member
Yes it is! I had both interviews already, and they made sure to stress that not getting accepted to the PURCH track doesn't affect your chance of acceptance into the main MD program 🙂Hi I am applying for both the PURCH track and 4 year MD program. Does anyone know if it is possible to still get into the 4 year MD program if one doesn't get accepted into the PURCH track?
nail biting
ananxiouspremedstudent
Full Member
Based on pass threads it seems via email!Does this school call applicants with the A? Or is it usually sent through email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TheIndianMamba
Full Member
Accepted just now!!!!! In-state and interviewed in mid-August. My first A, so excited!
ananxiouspremedstudent
Full Member
Congratulations!! Were you accepted via email?Accepted just now!!!!! In-state and interviewed in mid-August. My first A, so excited!
CONGRATS!!! Did your portal change in any way?Accepted just now!!!!! In-state and interviewed in mid-August. My first A, so excited!
Any high stat ISers complete july or august and not even get an interview? I mean they interview like half of everybody from MA so I don’t know what’s going on because I have stats say above their medians.
People never talk about how bad it is to be from MA in terms of med school applications. Way worse than California, New York etc.
Joke.
People never talk about how bad it is to be from MA in terms of med school applications. Way worse than California, New York etc.
Joke.
Anyone else hear good or bad news?
All silent on my end…I interviewed towards the end of August so waiting on the edge of my seat lolAnyone else hear good or bad news?
D
deleted965595
Complete end August and not heard anything since. But I really don't think it's that late in the game yet. There is plenty of time left, so I'm sure you will get your II.Any high stat ISers complete july or august and not even get an interview? I mean they interview like half of everybody from MA so I don’t know what’s going on because I have stats say above their medians.
People never talk about how bad it is to be from MA in terms of med school applications. Way worse than California, New York etc.
Joke.
Interviewed mid August, looks like the rest of us folks may not hear back today unfortunately
+1 :/Interviewed mid August, looks like the rest of us folks may not hear back today unfortunately
The day is young yet…the day I received my II from them it was around 5pm, so anything is possible 🙂Interviewed mid August, looks like the rest of us folks may not hear back today unfortunately
I am getting anxietyThe day is young yet…the day I received my II from them it was around 5pm, so anything is possible 🙂
TheIndianMamba
Full Member
Congratulations!! Were you accepted via email?
Thank you so much!! I was accepted via email and my portal did update to show “accepted” as my status with a new tile. Wishing the best for you all, good luck!CONGRATS!!! Did your portal change in any way?
OMGGGG ACCEPTED!!!! CRYING!!!!
ananxiouspremedstudent
Full Member
Congrats! Can I ask when was your interview date?OMGGGG ACCEPTED!!!! CRYING!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was end of august!!!Congrats! Can I ask when was your interview date?
did the email just come now? or before 5?ACCEPTED!!! AHHHH
TheIndianMamba
Full Member
Did anyone else accepted just receive a second “application complete” email? It's strange bc I was complete way back in July then accepted today
Last edited:
Congrats to those accepted yesterday! Seems like only a handful of As were sent out yesterday so hopefully they will send out more Monday.