2021-2022 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an email with their post-interview survey…I swear my heart stopped for a few seconds 😂

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Awfully quiet in here. Anyone hear anything at all?

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email today about my residency status for Umass.. hoping that means my app is starting to get reviewed? Other than that though, have not heard anything, although I was only complete here in early August.

Hi y'all. I'm interviewing very soon and was just wondering if anyone who had already interviewed had some general advice for the MMI format at Umass.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks

Hi y'all. I'm interviewing very soon and was just wondering if anyone who had already interviewed had some general advice for the MMI format at Umass.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks
UMass’ MMI was by far the smoothest interview experience I’ve had. You go into a main zoom in the beginning and they go through the process of checking you in (you will be pulled into a breakout room by yourself and expected to give your AMCAS ID and show photo ID). Then you rejoin the main zoom and once everyone’s checked in, they send you into your own breakout rooms for the MMI. I really liked this because it required zero effort on the part of the applicants lol you were just shuffled from room to room until you finished and then they bring you all back together for a closing statement.

Other than that it’s your typical MMI experience. It was very chill and all the interviewers came off as neutral but friendly, if that makes sense. I honestly can’t say enough good things about interviewing with them - you go in, do your thing and get out. The only thing I wished they had offered was an actual presentation or something on the school during the interview session, but I think they were going for efficiency in excluding that and you have the option of attending info sessions solely for interviewers after (or before) you’ve interviewed. They also email you a link to a really nice interview resources page which I highly recommend looking over before your interview. Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Do we think early interview dates will hear back this Friday? 😬

I hope so!!! I don' think they mentioned any specific time during my interview.
They didn’t mention a specific time during mine but they did say something to the effect of “October 15 is the first day we can release decisions” so I am hoping that means they will release some batches Friday!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email confirming I'm not eligible for in-state tuition (which I already knew), but I'm hoping that means they're reviewing my application?? Has anyone received an II shortly after getting a tuition email?

Just got an email confirming I'm not eligible for in-state tuition (which I already knew), but I'm hoping that means they're reviewing my application?? Has anyone received an II shortly after getting a tuition email?
I got the tuition eligibility email as soon as I was marked complete (end of Aug). Silence since.

I got that email a few weeks ago, more than a month since I was marked complete, but nothing since.

Hi I am applying for both the PURCH track and 4 year MD program. Does anyone know if it is possible to still get into the 4 year MD program if one doesn't get accepted into the PURCH track?

Sorry for the spam. Does anyone here know the OOS post-interview acceptance rate?

Hi I am applying for both the PURCH track and 4 year MD program. Does anyone know if it is possible to still get into the 4 year MD program if one doesn't get accepted into the PURCH track?
Yes

Yes it is! I had both interviews already, and they made sure to stress that not getting accepted to the PURCH track doesn't affect your chance of acceptance into the main MD program :)

well the day is here for us early interviewers - best of luck to all!

Reactions: 4 users
Does this school call applicants with the A? Or is it usually sent through email?

Accepted just now!!!!! In-state and interviewed in mid-August. My first A, so excited!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Any high stat ISers complete july or august and not even get an interview? I mean they interview like half of everybody from MA so I don’t know what’s going on because I have stats say above their medians.

People never talk about how bad it is to be from MA in terms of med school applications. Way worse than California, New York etc.

Joke.

Any high stat ISers complete july or august and not even get an interview? I mean they interview like half of everybody from MA so I don’t know what’s going on because I have stats say above their medians.

People never talk about how bad it is to be from MA in terms of med school applications. Way worse than California, New York etc.

Joke.
Complete end August and not heard anything since. But I really don't think it's that late in the game yet. There is plenty of time left, so I'm sure you will get your II.

Interviewed mid August, looks like the rest of us folks may not hear back today unfortunately

Interviewed mid August, looks like the rest of us folks may not hear back today unfortunately
The day is young yet…the day I received my II from them it was around 5pm, so anything is possible :)

Accepted today! IS. Interviewed early september.

Did anyone else accepted just receive a second “application complete” email? It's strange bc I was complete way back in July then accepted today

Last edited:
Congrats to those accepted yesterday! Seems like only a handful of As were sent out yesterday so hopefully they will send out more Monday.