2021-2022 Massachusetts

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry for the neurotic posts but does anybody know if they yield protect high stat IS applications? I have 524/3.8, went to Williams I’ll and really just don’t understand why I haven’t been given an interview despite being complete in July.

How is it just that they’ve been interviewing OOS applicants with much lower stats despite getting an enormous amount of state funding?
 
Last edited:
I think it makes sense to resource protect to a degree. I'm 3.98/525 from Harvard and in-state and haven't gotten an interview.
I get why resources are protected but due to the cost I would probably choose here over most schools outside of the top 20. Seems like most other states have a decent in state option
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1
Also, do they have traditional-interview-style questions (Why UMass, why medicine, etc)? Just trying to determine how to best prep
I didn't have to do any acting, though the questions were a bit more like 'put yourself in the shoes of someone who ____' than I've had at other schools' MMI stations. And yeah, I had one station for Why UMass?
 
+1 active consideration email just now, same interview timeframe. Hoping this is a good thing, based on last year’s thread?
+2 active consideration, interviewed early September. Seems like there were a lot of people were placed on AC last year that ultimately got accepted, so it doesn’t necessarily seem like a bad thing!
 
Also received active consideration email, pretty sure we all interviewed on the same day LMAO.
Haha, this makes me feel better! The language of the email read almost like a waitlist decision until I got to the bottom…I wonder if they don’t start meeting to make decisions for applicants until around Oct 15? But who knows lol.
 
+1 active consideration. Welllll it's not a rejection.... or a waitlist even apparently... sooo thanks, UMass
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
441DAB3E-41F7-4A7D-B132-C8F4290284D8.png
 
Did anyone else not get a complete email!? I don’t have anything in my to do list and my application portal says complete/under review. I submitted early august and got a residency verification on 9/29, but no application compete email
 
Active consideration - Late September Interview - what do we think based upon last years thread?
Last year it seemed like the vast majority of people post-interview got this email. I also recall them saying we would receive an email a few weeks post-interview if we were still in the running (I guess for us August interviewers it’s a little more than a few weeks lol) so it seems like this is normal to receive. I am curious to know if the people who got accepted last Friday received this email at all. Regardless, fingers crossed for some good news for all of us soon! 🙂
 
Can anyone who interviewed here please tell me if all 8 stations of the MMI circuit are ethical dilemma type questions? Or are there one or two traditional interview-type questions as well? Like 'tell me about yourself', or 'Why Medicine', 'Why UMass' etc?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad