2021-2022 Thomas Jefferson (Kimmel)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just found out SKMC averages MCAT scores...kinda bummed out because I really poured my heart into the secondary and I feel like my experience perfectly compliment the school mission. But my recent 515 score averages out to 507 with my retake. rip. Any matriculants have a similar story?
I'd reach out to admissions so they see that. I'm in a similar position.
 
For those who already got IIs, which is so crazy to me, how long after under review did you get one? I submitted last night, but am already under review which freaks me out. Has anyone gotten an R yet?
I think it automatically switches to under review when you submit it. It looks like high stat applicants who submitted fast are getting them now but it should probably take them some time to start sending out Rs
 
I think it automatically switches to under review when you submit it. It looks like high stat applicants who submitted fast are getting them now but it should probably take them some time to start sending out Rs

Are you sure? I could have sworn I was complete last night, then under review today
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just found out SKMC averages MCAT scores...kinda bummed out because I really poured my heart into the secondary and I feel like my experience perfectly compliment the school mission. But my recent 515 score averages out to 507 with my retake. rip. Any matriculants have a similar story?
where does it say that they average scores? :/ i didn't know that...
 
I saw it on a couple threads and this one mega list that seems to be referenced all the time :/
ah i see :/ do you guys think it will be better for us to mention it in our essay or just not mention it? :/ my most recent is 515 but averages out to 511 sigh
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Between work and all my secondaries I completely missed the whole needs to be submitted within 2 weeks thing. I submitted like 4 days past that, is that gonna be a big deal?
 
Hi all, I noticed Jefferson recommends these letters if submitting individually.

Individual Faculty letters (recommended) 1-Biology, 1-Chemistry, 1-Physics, 1-Humanities

I only have letters from Humanities, Orgo, Gen Chem, and Healthcare letter. Would that suffice?
 
Hi all, I noticed Jefferson recommends these letters if submitting individually.

Individual Faculty letters (recommended) 1-Biology, 1-Chemistry, 1-Physics, 1-Humanities

I only have letters from Humanities, Orgo, Gen Chem, and Healthcare letter. Would that suffice?

Yes previous students from SKMC have said that they know many classmates who did not have Jefferson's exact combo of letter requirements
 
For the COVID questions, I feel like nothing from my "own experience" taught me about challenges of providing inclusive and equitable care.
I was very fortunate and I was able to stay home and study for the MCAT throughout much of the pandemic.

I know that COVID exposed health disparities in an extreme way and I can definitely speak about this, but it's not from my own experience - it's from following the course of the pandemic and seeing the way certain populations were hit hardest, etc.

Should I talk about this or is it too generic? I'm not sure how to incorporate my own pandemic experience with inequities in healthcare.
Did you ever decide to go one way or another with this? I'm currently having the same issue :/
 
Did you ever decide to go one way or another with this? I'm currently having the same issue :/
I reflected on my own experience somewhat and acknowledged my privilege in having access to what I needed to stay safe and contrasted that with the vulnerable populations that were disproportionately affected. Towards the end of the pandemic I started AmeriCorps and I work with homeless populations so I also mentioned how I've seen the devastation of COVID on these communities.

I think what I ended up writing is kind of generic, but I think trying to tie in your own experience as best you can, even if it's just to say that you were lucky enough to be safe, is ideal. It's true to what happened to you so I think that's fine.
 
Hey everyone! Re-applicant here! In the application, there is a box to indicate if you are a re-applicant. When I check yes in this box, they ask for a year that I previously applied. I applied last year, would I put 2020 or 2021 in this box? I’m not sure if this is asking for the actual year I applied or the class for which I applied to be apart of (class starting in 2021).
 
Hey everyone! Re-applicant here! In the application, there is a box to indicate if you are a re-applicant. When I check yes in this box, they ask for a year that I previously applied. I applied last year, would I put 2020 or 2021 in this box? I’m not sure if this is asking for the actual year I applied or the class for which I applied to be apart of (class starting in 2021).

For all the apps that ask us to specify what year we previously applied, I have been writing "Application cycle 2020-2021" so there is no chance for confusion.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad