2021-2022 Thomas Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
does kimmel send out actual rejections or just keeps us at "under review" until end of cycle?
edit: spelling

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Naw we don’t, was just giving the info for SJT to them! Sorry I likely raised some heart rates just now
Yeah yeah I should have put /s after my comment for the Casper and SJT. It's a joke because they're so arbitrary

I submitted 7/8 and have not received an II. Still under review. OOS no ties to school but median MCAT, high GPA. Hopeful!

Reactions: 4 users
I submitted 7/8 and have not received an II. Still under review. OOS no ties to school but median MCAT, high GPA. Hopeful!
It's very early in the cycle I still haven't gotten 1/3 of my secondaries there's still plenty of time.

I applied MD/PhD to Kimmel, anyone know what timeline is like and went they start sending IIs?

I received an interview invitation today from Kimmel. I signed up for PSAP, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.
This feels really early to be giving out invitations already.

Reactions: 2 users
I received an interview invitation today from Kimmel. I signed up for PSAP, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.
This feels really early to be giving out invitations already.
Congratulations!

Edit: Wish I could have signed up for PSAP, I want to be a pcp but I don't have a rural background.

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know what the minimum requirements are to receive a secondary here?

if I was complete 6/30 and still under review is this a bad sign?

Not a good sign (disclaimer: I was complete early here too and nothing). Better than an R but not good.

Not a good sign (disclaimer: I was complete early here too and nothing). Better than an R but not good.

How true actually is this though? From what I've gather they've only had one major II wave, and we have an upperclassman a few posts ago in the thread explicitly saying that this school can interview late and accept those applicants

Well I mean they’ve already been giving IIs so it’s not good to have not gotten one, a priori. Not saying one won’t come and it’s definitely better than an R but it’s not “good”

Well I mean they’ve already been giving IIs so it’s not good to have not gotten one, a priori. Not saying one won’t come and it’s definitely better than an R but it’s not “good”

Eh. Apps are sorted and stratified in a myriad of ways that applicants aren't privy to; URM/ORM status, residency, notable distinctions like being a Rhodes scholar, random quirks like having done research that by coincidence your reviewer also does, having a quick or slow primary reviewer of your app, etc. It's way too early in the cycle to be spreading fear like this my friend. :)

Reactions: 6 users
Consider using more fitting language. You mean to say it is neutral. Saying "not good" when you are responding to a post asking if this is a "bad sign" can be interpreted in a wrong way.

Reactions: 3 users
Eh. Apps are sorted and stratified in a myriad of ways that applicants aren't privy to; URM/ORM status, residency, notable distinctions like being a Rhodes scholar, random quirks like having done research that by coincidence your reviewer also does, having a quick or slow primary reviewer of your app, etc. It's way too early in the cycle to be spreading fear like this my friend. :)
We also have to consider early decision people too. I am sure a lot of the II invites are for ED people.

Reactions: 1 users
if I was complete 6/30 and still under review is this a bad sign?
Not at all dude it's so early in the cycle. What you're doing would be like going "is it too late to start saving for a car?" When you're 5.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Same boat. Still "under review" and complete 29/06 (Canadian). It still early and there's still hope friends!!

Same! Application was complete 7/8 and still under review

Consider using more fitting language. You mean to say it is neutral. Saying "not good" when you are responding to a post asking if this is a "bad sign" can be interpreted in a wrong way.
Yeah exactly, I would say it's being in the same situation as literally almost everyone else. Maybe in a several months from now it won't be a good sig, but it's still super early

Yeah exactly, I would say it's being in the same situation as literally almost everyone else. Maybe in a several months from now it won't be a good sig, but it's still super early
Can't agree more. Again, I really think (based on what I know) it is the early decision + high stats + people with some sort of connection that is being invited for now. We should all calm down :) For example, I got invited to UVA SOM but haven't heard anything from anyone afterwards. They only sent out the first wave. Does that mean it is bad for everyone else who hasn't gotten II? Not even close.

Can't agree more. Again, I really think (based on what I know) it is the early decision + high stats + people with some sort of connection that is being invited for now. We should all calm down :) For example, I got invited to UVA SOM but haven't heard anything from anyone afterwards. They only sent out the first wave. Does that mean it is bad for everyone else who hasn't gotten II? Not even close.
Congrats! and yeah they really have so many applications to get through and everyone can't get picked first. The benefit of submitting early is that you get to go through so many more waves and months of interview invites so hopefully more potential opportunities to get selected.

I am a reapplicant and I remained "under review" until April last year. Your status may not change the whole cycle.

I am a reapplicant and I remained "under review" until April last year. Your status may not change the whole cycle.
Damn that's brutal, I've been under review since 07/03 and it may be a silent R that I won't officially get until the spring.

Damn that's brutal, I've been under review since 07/03 and it may be a silent R that I won't officially get until the spring.
It's the game we play.
My advice is to send in updates if you have something meaningful to add but otherwise, relax and stay positive :)
Good luck!

Apologies for not being more clear. At some schools (ones that have started sending Rs, not hearing is actually a good sign)

Still, I saw that someone mentioned on some thread that they didn't get their II until december even after applying early. You just never know, you can't really assume they rejected you until they tell you or it's the spring.

Very late but got an II on 7/12. 512 MCAT, 3.52 cGPA, OOS no ties to the state, URM

Reactions: 7 users
now i'm confused. i thought we already determined that there's no prescreen? doesn't that then mean everyone would get secondaries? (who applies, pays, and has a pulse)

now i'm confused. i thought we already determined that there's no prescreen? doesn't that then mean everyone would get secondaries? (who applies, pays, and has a pulse)
They're referring to interview -- II = interview invites :)

Anyone else submitted early July and still haven't heard back?? ughh

• Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users