You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Tulane
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
it will take some time to resolve but it will go through so you can submit first thing tomorrow.did anyone else have an issue with their payment not being recognized on the Tulane portal? when i enter my card information the outside server confirms that I have paid, but the Tulane secondary website does not update that my payment went through.
Hi,Received secondary at 6am EST this morning, OOS, no MCAT score yet. Prompts look same as last years. @wysdoc here's the questions:
- Briefly describe the reasons for your interest in Tulane University School of Medicine. (150 words)
- Tulane University School of Medicine’s mission statement states: We improve human health and foster healthy communities through discovery and translation of the best science into clinical practice and education; to deliver the highest quality patient care and prepare the next generation of distinguished clinical and scientific leaders. Briefly describe how community service contributed to your education and your passion for medicine. (150 words)
- Please list any leadership positions, in clubs or organizations, you may have held. (100 words)
- Please list your hobbies and major non-academic interests. (150 words)
- [Optional] Tulane University School of Medicine values the diversity of its patients, faculty, staff, and students. Do you identify with a particular group that you believe is underrepresented among medical professionals? These include groups oriented around, but nt limited to: ethnicity, race, sexuality, religion, disability, and economic background. (60 words)
- [Optional] In what ways did the COVID-19 pandemic alter/interrupt your medical school application? (no limit)
Are these the secondaries for Tulane's EARLY DECISION program for the 2021-2022 application (entry would be fall 2022)? Sorry, I'm not too familiar with SDN... great to see people support each other. I wish you all the best in the cycle! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
Are these the secondaries for Tulane's EARLY DECISION program for the 2021-2022 application (entry would be fall 2022)? Sorry, I'm not too familiar with SDN... great to see people support each other. I wish you all the best in the cycle! 🙂
This was for regular decision! Good luck to you as well 🙂
Yes! I saw all of these questions on my ED secondary. I believe the ED and RD secondaries are the same.Hi,
Are these the secondaries for Tulane's EARLY DECISION program for the 2021-2022 application (entry would be fall 2022)? Sorry, I'm not too familiar with SDN... great to see people support each other. I wish you all the best in the cycle! 🙂
justkeepswimming2022
Full Member
thank you for the info! did yours take 12 hours to process?it will take some time to resolve but it will go through so you can submit first thing tomorrow.
Verified 6/4/21 still havent recieved secondary, should I be worried?
justkeepswimming2022
Full Member
i was verified on that date and received my secondary yesterday, so you should receive yours soonVerified 6/4/21 still havent recieved secondary, should I be worried?
OOS. No secondary yet, but I submitted last week.
1_airforce_1
Full Member
Is this strange? I was verified first day, and still do not have a secondary. OOS
Is this strange? I was verified first day, and still do not have a secondary. OOS
Same here
EYYYY group of us. Verified 5/27 and hearing nothing but dead air.Same here
EYYYY group of us. Verified 5/27 and hearing nothing but dead air.
Lmao it makes me feel better that at least we're in this together!!
+1EYYYY group of us. Verified 5/27 and hearing nothing but dead air.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Verified first day as well and haven't received a secondary yet! I guess they want our money at a regulated rate ;P
Same here
+1
marcie88
Full Member
+1EYYYY group of us. Verified 5/27 and hearing nothing but dead air.
geauxBackToSchool
Full Member
Just received secondary. IS RD verified 7/5. Will submit asap but worried about lack of LORs as a nontrad.
Do you have 3 letters, with at least 1 coming from a science/medical background?Just received secondary. IS RD verified 7/5. Will submit asap but worried about lack of LORs as a nontrad.
geauxBackToSchool
Full Member
Not yet. I've gotten two verbal commitments, one from an executive who I worked under before trying for medical school and another from a physician I volunteered with in my youth, but neither have submitted anything to AMCAS or AACOMAS. I'll be starting a DIY post-bacc this Fall and I hope to get at least one letter from an instructor.Do you have 3 letters, with at least 1 coming from a science/medical background?
Hang in there. You got this. Yours is coming.It is killing me that I don’t have this one yet. Verified 6/8. OOS.
Most committees will start reviewing your application once the required letters are in. Keep at it!Not yet. I've gotten two verbal commitments, one from an executive who I worked under before trying for medical school and another from a physician I volunteered with in my youth, but neither have submitted anything to AMCAS or AACOMAS. I'll be starting a DIY post-bacc this Fall and I hope to get at least one letter from an instructor.
Also verified before transmission and nothing yet.. starting to get nervous that all their interview invites getting taken by early applicants..
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure no interview invites have gone out for any RD applicants yet. I imagine the majority of secondaries will be sent to day-1 applicants before they start sending interview invites. You'll be okay!Also verified before transmission and nothing yet.. starting to get nervous that all their interview invites getting taken by early applicants..
In the meantime, we all know Tulane loves early applications. So if you haven't already, make sure all of your secondary responses are written, polished, and ready to go. You can submit immediately upon receiving their secondary and all will be well in the world.
Exactly.Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure no interview invites have gone out for any RD applicants yet. I imagine the majority of secondaries will be sent to day-1 applicants before they start sending interview invites. You'll be okay!
In the meantime, we all know Tulane loves early applications. So if you haven't already, make sure all of your secondary responses are written, polished, and ready to go. You can submit immediately upon receiving their secondary and all will be well in the world.
There is nothing you can do. Getting worried about something that is out of your control only harms you. Just focus on those you can control such as finishing their secondary so you can submit as soon as it hits your mailbox. or submit other schools' secondaries in the mean time.
This school is one of my top choices, and I have not received a secondary yet either. We got this!
They’re usually very early relative to other schools. Not sure if they changed things up
I have also heard this! Is them being early referring to wrapping up the interview cycle early or that they typically send out secondaries earlier than other schools? Very curious because I'm applying to quite a few schools and this is one of the only schools that I have not received a secondary for yetThey’re usually very early relative to other schools. Not sure if they changed things up
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I previously applied I vaguely remember getting it right away
I’m an ED applicant and was just put under review yesterday. No interviews have been given out to even ED that I have heard of. So I don’t think they have even really thought about RD interviews that muchAlso verified before transmission and nothing yet.. starting to get nervous that all their interview invites getting taken by early applicants..
No I dont think they have sent Interview invites yet but because Tulane is notorious for interviewing people who submit early it's just a little nerve-racking to not have a secondary yet when other people do. Totally paranoia I know and maybe in the grand scheme 1 week of difference in submission doesn't matter but this process is so taxing and anxiety-provoking that any small disadvantage really gets to you.. (or at least to me lol)Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure no interview invites have gone out for any RD applicants yet. I imagine the majority of secondaries will be sent to day-1 applicants before they start sending interview invites. You'll be okay!
In the meantime, we all know Tulane loves early applications. So if you haven't already, make sure all of your secondary responses are written, polished, and ready to go. You can submit immediately upon receiving their secondary and all will be well in the world.
this is how i feel lol! Like others have advantage b/c they received it early, doesn't make sense I haven't gotten it yet but was verified way before 6/25, I don't see how its fair to stagger it this muchNo I dont think they have sent Interview invites yet but because Tulane is notorious for interviewing people who submit early it's just a little nerve-racking to not have a secondary yet when other people do. Totally paranoia I know and maybe in the grand scheme 1 week of difference in submission doesn't matter but this process is so taxing and anxiety-provoking that any small disadvantage really gets to you.. (or at least to me lol)
Verified 7/13 and still no secondary
Could it have something to do with accreditation?
Verified same day apps opened and nothing !!!!
Meanwhile, I’ve still got an extra $125.Verified same day apps opened and nothing !!!!
kannan1423
Full Member
Me too submitted primary 6/2 and still no secondary. OOSanyone still not receive a secondary?
Verified 6/4, still no secondary, anyone else?
+ 1Verified 6/4, still no secondary, anyone else?
SameVerified 6/4, still no secondary, anyone else?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same
Sameeee
D
deleted555445
Hmmm that's interesting... yeah I'm still waiting after adding them before transmission on 6/25n = 1, but I added Tulane last-minute (7/15) and got the secondary yesterday (7/18), verified 6/21. I wonder what's up with your guys' cases.
Secondaries are not sent in the order that the school received your primaries. A whole host of factors that we aren't privileged to knowing play a factor (i.e. linkage programs, post-bac, URM, legacy, who records your primary application, etc) play a major factor. I received my secondary around 2 weeks after submitting my primary, but the range from last year of accepted students range from immediately (i.e. same day) to 4 weeks.
I guess they really don't want my money.n = 1, but I added Tulane last-minute (7/15) and got the secondary yesterday (7/18), verified 6/21. I wonder what's up with your guys' cases.
Secondaries are not sent in the order that the school received your primaries. A whole host of factors that we aren't privileged to knowing play a factor (i.e. linkage programs, post-bac, URM, legacy, who records your primary application, etc) play a major factor. I received my secondary around 2 weeks after submitting my primary, but the range from last year of accepted students range from immediately (i.e. same day) to 4 weeks.
Well… they definitely have something they use because I got their secondary immediately during my first cycle when my app wasn’t the best.
My app improved for this cycle but I haven’t received their secondary. I was verified weeks ago.
Maybe they send it a little later for reapplicants? idk