2021-2022 UC Irvine

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Damn they're already sending IIs that far out?
Their website does say that PRIME-LC is considered for regular admission first before they are accepted into the program, but I am not sure if that interview date was only for PRIME-LC candidates. The slot I took said "PRIME-LC Interview", so I am assuming that date is only for those applicants since we have to do a Spanish interview in addition to the two interviews the regular decision has. Though I could be wrong!
 
Does UCI ghost-reject people? I was complete on 7/23, and have heard nothing
Not sure if this would apply for this cycle, but when I first applied in 2020 cycle, they rejected me within 3 weeks of submitting my secondary so I don’t think they ghost!
 
Not sure if this would apply for this cycle, but when I first applied in 2020 cycle, they rejected me within 3 weeks of submitting my secondary so I don’t think they ghost!
Well, that is both comforting and terrifying given how long it's been for me. Thank you for the feedback!
 
i was for PRIME as well!! do u guys know if this means we get the regular interviews + the PRIME interview on the same day??
Yes, Regular MD admission and PRIME interviews occur same day (four interviews total). If you are not seeking PRIME admission, then you only have the three regular interviews.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It’s like Casper Snapshot if you did it. Basically a recorded, timed video interview assessment. A prompt pops up on the screen, you get a bit of time to formulate a response, you record a response, onto the next prompt.
You’ll be invited to do Kira after an interview invite.

Ooooh okay cool
 
It’s like Casper Snapshot if you did it. Basically a recorded, timed video interview assessment. A prompt pops up on the screen, you get a bit of time to formulate a response, you record a response, onto the next prompt.
You’ll be invited to do Kira after an interview invite.
I recorded my Kira videos in between my student and faculty interviews! It takes about 25 minutes total.
 
I noticed on the MSAR that for all sections other than CARS the 10th percentile scores were all 127. Do you guys think this is a hard cutoff?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.......................................................................................................................................................
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad