2021-2022 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II hold just now, complete 7/31. CA resident UCR grad LM 75
+1, Haider applicant too

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I got placed on hold too. Does anyone know the chances of getting an interview after being on hold or do they know of anyone that this happened to? Thank you!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I can't remember... did UCR give out Holds last year? I applied to UCR last year and got an R in March after the deafening silence they directed at me.

pre II hold here as well :// I really hope someone posts the chances of us even having a shot.... I know they're normally pretty slow with apps but this is so disheartening since it's already the end of January

Got placed on hold as well, does anyone know if they look at updates to one's application and reconsider?

Sorry to hear about the pre-ii holds. What does the email say? Will they re-review your app at a later time?

Yes. I assume it’s because I’m not from the IE or riverside.

WVU does the same thing. They interview all their in states first, then the OOS applicants they view favorably. I assume this is the same thing

Yes. I assume it’s because I’m not from the IE or riverside.

WVU does the same thing. They interview all their in states first, then the OOS applicants they view favorably. I assume this is the same thing
but i see people from IE/ UCR alum who got the pre ii hold so idk what UCR is doing tbh. I thought their class wasn't even close to full.

but i see people from IE/ UCR alum who got the pre ii hold so idk what UCR is doing tbh. I thought their class wasn't even close to full.

They probably were out of the stat range or weren’t a mission fit?

At least it’s good to see they’re back in the office with all this movement

Pre-ii hold as well, UCR alum.
I'm just happy to hear anything at this point, I'm happy to know they even read my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
pre-II hold today too. super disappointed because I'm from the IE and am within their stat range. i'm a disadvantaged applicant and was really hoping ucr would give me a chance. :(

Accepted and will most likely be matriculating. accepted a while back and currently living in the Riverside area and not a Haider applicant. Goodluck to you all please feel free to message me

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
thought maybe I would catch an II after missing the hold wave, but pre-II R just now. complete 8/23, stats around their median and so cal resident but no strong IE ties. good luck everyone waiting to hear anything <3

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
R just now, complete mid July, LM 75, IS

• Care
  • Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
R just now. Was never on hold. LM70, IS, no ties to IE. good luck to all those put on hold!

• Care
Kinda accepted that the hold I received on Thursday was a soft R, but now I'm so confused... All the silence and holds are starting to get to me :cryi:

Dont be discouraged team! You are all great applications and I pray you all get accepted to places you love and thrive there.

• Care
  • Love
Kinda accepted that the hold I received on Thursday was a soft R, but now I'm so confused... All the silence and holds are starting to get to me :cryi:
The holds are code for "we didn't look at your application thoroughly." We are gonna look at it later.

so it seems those you got the hold might still have a chance?
Is there anyone here who didn't get the hold or rejection today?

Also I know people who interviewed in march last year so hang on tight. No news is good news.

I was placed on hold on 1/20 but received an II on 1/21 so for those on hold don't give up hope!!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
I was placed on hold on 1/20 but received an II on 1/21 so for those on hold don't give up hope!!!
I also wanna second this by saying I was placed on hold on 1/20 and received an II today. It was a very nice surprise! Wishing everyone the best if you're on a hold!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Riverside sending holds less than a week before sending IIs or Rs
Guess What Billy Crudup GIF by Apple TV

Last edited:
  • Haha
I also wanna second this by saying I was placed on hold on 1/20 and received an II today. It was a very nice surprise! Wishing everyone the best if you're on a hold!
Congrats !! How far out are they scheduling interviews?

Congrats !! How far out are they scheduling interviews?
Thanks! I was able to get an interview that is in a couple of weeks. I can no longer access the calendar and I didn't click into the month of March, but when I scheduled my interview which was like 10 minutes after I received the invite, I did not see any other spots open for February. I hope that helps.

Thanks! I was able to get an interview that is in a couple of weeks. I can no longer access the calendar and I didn't click into the month of March, but when I scheduled my interview which was like 10 minutes after I received the invite, I did not see any other spots open for February. I hope that helps.
So hopefully, they just haven't opened spots for late February yet and these are still available!

Hi everyone! I'm considering sending an update because I was just promoted, but I'm slightly hesitant because I don't have anything to reflect on yet. Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated!