You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Volkner243
Full Member
Does anyone know if there will be more II waves after this one today? 😢
notsurewho
Full Member
For those who interviewed recently, do you recall them saying that update letters/letters of interest should only be sent after they send your initial admission decision?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1140587
yes that's what I believe they saidFor those who interviewed mid November, do you recall them saying that update letters/letters of interest should only be sent after they send your initial admission decision in January?
Do we have any idea when in January initial decisions will be released?For those who interviewed recently, do you recall them saying that update letters/letters of interest should only be sent after they send your initial admission decision?
D
deleted1126476
They said mid-January, so prob around the 15th? Last year was 14th.Do we have any idea when in January initial decisions will be released?
Do we have any idea when in January initial decisions will be released?
MSAR says it’s 1/20ish
medschoolmunch
Full Member
did anyone submit a letter of interest post II? not sure how much value that has at Icahn
I did, and I ended up getting an II. Ofc, can't sleuth out causation there, but I think it definitely can't hurt.did anyone submit a letter of interest post II? not sure how much value that has at Icahn
For anyone that interviewed, did yall have an open Q+A session with current students before your interview? Or was the Q+A after?
D
deleted1146332
For me it was after!For anyone that interviewed, did yall have an open Q+A session with current students before your interview? Or was the Q+A after?
Pre-II R today at 9:30 AM PST. Good luck to everyone still in the running!
Sorry to hear but when was ur completion date?Pre-II R today at 9:30 AM PST. Good luck to everyone still in the running!
I don't recall this but I might just not remember since it's been a little while since my interview day. Has anyone asked if it's okay to send a post-II update letter if you have significant updates (e.g., publications, abstracts, etc.)?For those who interviewed recently, do you recall them saying that update letters/letters of interest should only be sent after they send your initial admission decision?
Maximus0703
Full Member
I have not interviewed yet, but from past threads, it seems that Sinai wants these post-II updates after you have been deferred or waitlisted.I don't recall this but I might just not remember since it's been a little while since my interview day. Has anyone asked if it's okay to send a post-II update letter if you have significant updates (e.g., publications, abstracts, etc.)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't recall this but I might just not remember since it's been a little while since my interview day. Has anyone asked if it's okay to send a post-II update letter if you have significant updates (e.g., publications, abstracts, etc.)?
They said we could send a post-interview update when I interviewed if we feel it is significant enough. They also said to treat it "like dating" where we're not sending these excessively but when actually appropriateI have not interviewed yet, but from past threads, it seems that Sinai wants these post-II updates after you have been deferred or waitlisted.
Edit: to clarify this is post-interview, pre-decision
D
deleted1139705
Ahhh they’re treating it like dating. Explains why they ghosted me.They said we could send a post-interview update when I interviewed if we feel it is significant enough. They also said to treat it "like dating" where we're not sending these excessively but when actually appropriate
Edit: to clarify this is post-interview, pre-decision
D
deleted1137230
my app was complete over 6 months and nothing yet! does this mean R
No, last year they sent out II's throughout Janmy app was complete over 6 months and nothing yet! does this mean R
zerotofate
Pre-Med (Accepted)
Just got baited with the Graduate School email 🙁🙁
I just unsubscribed from them lol. I don't need to see any junk mail after my RJust got baited with the Graduate School email 🙁🙁
sorry for the delayed response! completed my secondary on 8/14.Sorry to hear but when was ur completion date?
fakeituntilumakeit
Full Member
+1 and its the first one I have ever gotten from them hoping its not a bad sign since I've had radio silence since late June 🤣Just got baited with the Graduate School email 🙁🙁
Somehow they've been hitting me with 2-3 emails/month about their grad programs since before I even submitted AMCAS+1 and its the first one I have ever gotten from them hoping its not a bad sign since I've had radio silence since late June 🤣
Thank you but where II 😞😭😞😭😞😭
D
deleted1137230
continuing to cross fingers in the silence...
Don't know if it's necessarily related, but a nurse strike started today at Mount Sinai Hospital, so cross your fingers a little longer 😉continuing to cross fingers in the silence...
motivated-armadillo72
Full Member
Do we think first round of acceptances will go out this Friday ?!
ilovepi314
Full Member
MSAR says earliest possible acceptance date is Jan. 20th. Is MSAR usually accurate about this?Do we think first round of acceptances will go out this Friday ?!
splovescandles
Full Member
I think its going to be give or take around the 20th. Looking back at past threads, some people heard back earlier.MSAR says earliest possible acceptance date is Jan. 20th. Is MSAR usually accurate about this?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sad_nontrad
Full Member
did you send an update letter pre-II?IS II received!
motivated-armadillo72
Full Member
MSAR says earliest possible acceptance date is Jan. 20th. Is MSAR usually accurate about this?
Last year was Jan 14 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
youprobablyknowwho
Full Member
At our interview day I believe they said “early January” would be the first round which I feel is why people were thinking this FridayLast year was Jan 14 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D
deleted1146332
I hope you’re right!! But I thought they said late January and looking at previous years’ discussions the first decisions have been released on the third Friday of January, so 1/20 this year.At our interview day I believe they said “early January” would be the first round which I feel is why people were thinking this Friday
So what about the ones who get interviewed this and next week? Will they be getting results by 1/20 or later?I hope you’re right!! But I thought they said late January and looking at previous years’ discussions the first decisions have been released on the third Friday of January, so 1/20 this year.
I interviewed on Jan 6 and they said decisions for that interview day would likely be mid-late febSo what about the ones who get interviewed this and next week? Will they be getting results by 1/20 or later?
bacon_n_backsquats
Full Member
Did they ask if you were a smart ranger or a strong ranger?I interviewed on Jan 6 and they said decisions for that interview day would likely be mid-late feb
R IS FOR RANGER!Did they ask if you were a smart ranger or a strong ranger?
A IS FOR RANGER!
N IS FOR RANGER!
G IS FOR RANGER!
E IS FOR RANGER!
R IS FOR RANGER!
SmartWaterIsTooTall
Full Member
They gotta stop with these Master's Program emails... Jesus
10:30 am to 11:50 was a welcome and introduction with no breaks. Then from 11:50 to 2:30 you are only responsible for being on camera during your individual interview times, otherwise, you can be off-camera on a break or you can be in the waiting room where a current student may or may not be available to chat. At 2:30 everyone needs to be back on camera for some wrap-up stuff, and then they close the zoom. The wrap-up wasn't long, so we had maybe an hour or so before a new zoom was started for a Q&A with current students without the ADCOM folks, which was from 4:15 to 5:15.Could someone describe the interview day? Do you have to stay logged in the whole time or do you get any breaks (lunch, etc)? Thanks in advance!
“You’re Invited” [emoji1782][emoji1782][emoji1782]
Lol this school sends out way too many promotional emails
D
deleted1139705
That’s just mean of them“You’re Invited” [emoji1782][emoji1782][emoji1782]
That’s just mean of them
Who greenlit this
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mr.Shawarma
Full Member
Bro idk why I got so excited when I saw this and then remembered I was rejected months ago😭They gotta stop with these Master's Program emails... Jesus
Truly 1st quartile CASPer behavior.That’s just mean of them