2022-2023 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does everyone who interviewed receive an email from the Financial Aid office?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how far they are booking out interviews still?

I just got an invite. Completed 8/27. They were scheduling on 2/3 and 2/10

Reactions: 6 users
I just got an invite. Completed 8/27. They were scheduling on 2/3 and 2/10
Super quick turnaround. That’s good though, means still have decent amount of II for us who are still waiting for a response.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much! Good luck to you all as well! Waiting is the worst part.

My stats: ORM, 3.7, 519

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who applied for the ARC-MD program received an II yet?

Has anyone who applied for the ARC-MD program received an II yet?
Not yet! I think it says in the dashboard if you accept your admission offer, that they'll reach out in the next few months to interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
So happy for everyone getting A's. Just got the II, my first one this cycle :, ) Really hoping for this one!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
So happy for you all, congrats! If you could let us know how big the cohort is already (if there’s a FB group or smth) that’d be great! Still manifesting a II for myself and the rest of us still in limbo :’)

Reactions: 5 users
Hi friends! I’m interviewing at Davis soon, and I was wondering if anyone who’s interviewed here could kindly let me know if we’re allowed to take notes for the MMI stations 🥲

Thank you!!

congrats to everyone who got accepted! I'm guessing with all the A's and new II's being sent out, does that mean the waitlisted folks are pretty much rejected?

not sure how much waitlist movement UC Davis actually has if you don't hear anything until May
It’s dependent each year, but UCD has decent waitlist movement! 2 years ago I was accepted 5/25 off the waitlist (after they sent their first round of R’s to waitlisted applicants).

The reason you don’t hear until May is because they wait until the 4/30 “choose your medical school deadline”. Several people with an A to UCD will choose another school and drop their A by 4/30. Others will get off the waitlist at another school after 4/30, clearing up another spot.

Until the school emails you that the class is full, you have a chance to come off the waitlist. Towards the end of May they often send R’s to some waitlisted people, but usually by mid-to late June they send the “class is full”. It varies!

Last edited:
Hi! I am interviewing at UC Davis soon, and I was wondering if anyone could confirm if the interview is open file or closed file? Thanks!

Thank you! Also, can we type our notes during an MMI scenario or does it need to be on paper?

Does Davis take update letters/letters of interest?
No, except: "Substantial changes such as citizenship status or recipient of a nationally recognized award may be review and considered by the admissions committee on a case-by-case basis"

II received today
IS; MCAT 518; cGPA 3.78; sGPA 3.56
trying to be cautiously optimistic!! :)

Reactions: 9 users
II received today
IS; MCAT 518; cGPA 3.78; sGPA 3.56
trying to be cautiously optimistic!! :)
When were you complete? Also I just want a decision, I know they go till March but man the waiting is killing me.

Congratulations to people with acceptances!!

What is the turn around time like? How long after your initial interview did you receive a decision?

II this morning, the first of the cycle for me :')
516 MCAT cGPA 3.6
Complete late August

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 20 users
When were you complete? Also I just want a decision, I know they go till March but man the waiting is killing me.
I sent in my secondary in July, I wanna say. It was one of my first secondaries received and I was super excited about it (being from NorCal and all), so I got it done and sent it fairly quickly. The waiting is killing me, too.
what are the available interview dates?
From what I see, February 10th PM circuit, 13th AM circuit, and April 7th PM circuit. That's all I'm seeing.

Does anyone know if there is a deposit we have to pay to keep our seat in the class?

II received yesterday. Completed 8/30 MCAT 510, sGPA 3.95

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone have any last minute tips to prep for their MMI? This is my very first MMI interview and I’m feeling very unprepared

Does anyone know when the academic year starts? All calendars I have found are 2022-2023.

Does anyone have any last minute tips to prep for their MMI? This is my very first MMI interview and I’m feeling very unprepared
I would go through practice scenarios that are available online. I know the AAMC has some. If you have someone to present them and time you, that would be best. Good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
MS2 here. They haven’t released the 2023-24 calendar yet. Based on previous years, and the end of MS1 Summer, I’d guess orientation starts Monday, 7/24/23.
23/24 academic calendar should be out soon. New class likely starts at the end of July.