2022-2023 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received tonight! I'm ORM, IS, LM 75 WARS 80, complete 7/10. No ties to the Davis area or Central Valley, but have lived in Norcal for nearly my entire life. Only two interview slots open, both for next week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
II received tonight! I'm ORM, IS, LM 75 WARS 80, complete 7/10. No ties to the Davis area or Central Valley, but have lived in Norcal for nearly my entire life. Only two interview slots open, both for next week.
Congrats! My profile exactly same like you,it's giving a hope for II

Members don't see this ad :)
For everyone who interviewed, do you want to take up the full 6 minute response time for each prompt or will they ask a follow up question (in which case should we take ~3/4 minutes and wait for follow up)?

For everyone who interviewed, do you want to take up the full 6 minute response time for each prompt or will they ask a follow up question (in which case should we take ~3/4 minutes and wait for follow up)?
Dont take up the whole 6 minutes. Answer in no more then four and expect follow up questions at all stations.

received II about 15 min ago! IS applicant, URM, 3.02 sGPA, 509 MCAT, complete on 07/21.

Reactions: 2 users
Dont take up the whole 6 minutes. Answer in no more then four and expect follow up questions at all stations.
THANK YOU! To follow up, did they introduce themselves when you entered or did you just lead introducing yourself? (Sorry if that's a silly question, this is my first and only MMI)

Post Interview Reject
Interviewed 11/18. Felt fine about the interviews.
Bummer

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have my interview Monday and feel so unprepared. If anyone has last minute tips for their MMI lmk :(

Got the call an hour ago! Accepted! Interviewed 11/18

• Care
Does anyone know whether UC Davis accepts letters of intent, post interview?

Does anyone know whether UC Davis accepts letters of intent, post interview?
They strongly recommend that you do not.

Also, what's the consensus on Ws at Davis? Is it a soft R or is there a chance?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, does everyone who interviews at Davis get the financial aid email? Or am I giving myself false hope?

pre-secondary R, OOS but had ties to Davis, best of luck to everyone interviewing, it is an amazing school!

Last edited:
Pre-II R as well, good luck everyone and happy holidays!

pre-secondary R, OOS but had ties to Davis (worked for the med school haha), best of luck to everyone interviewing, it is an amazing school!
oh man, I'm sorry. May I ask when you sent in your primary? I've been waiting to hear back from them, too.

I'm sorry. May I ask when you were complete with your Secondary? Or did you mean Pre-Secondary R?

Whoops sorry! I meant secondary. So far into the cycle I’m losing track of myself.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received Pre-II R's yet? I'm wondering if Davis waits until the end of the cycle to send those out

Anyone who sent thank you notes post-interview, did you get a message acknowledging that they were received?

Pre-secondary R 😞, LM 82, IS some ties

• Care
  • Wow
  • Sad
IS II today, complete 8/1. MCAT: 515+, GPA: 3.8+. Pretty excited!

Reactions: 7 users
Application completed 07/23. Haven't heard anything since

Reactions: 6 users
IS II Today! Complete 8/18, LM: 64, & Non-trad. Scheduled for Jan. 20th (only day available). Feeling blessed is a major understatement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 users
Hey Everyone,

I was digging through the website and I found this. Hope it's helpful for those still waiting for a response, there is still plenty of time in the application cycle! https://health.ucdavis.edu/mdprogram/curriculum/pdfs/Med-ed-timeline.pdf

1672640120562.png

Reactions: 14 users
Do you guys think if you got a UC Davis secondary early in the cycle as an OOS applicant and you haven’t been rejected yet that it’s a good sign?

Reactions: 1 users
Crossing fingers for the 12/12 interview group that we get news this week or next! I think they said 3-4 weeks on interview day :)