2022-2023 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Historically when did they start sending II? I'm dying to hear anything from them
According to this document from AAMC, IIs are supposed to start on August 15th (today) but who knows if this is accurate!

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I have a feeling it will probably be a few days from now, since they started sending out secondaries on 7/5 instead of 7/1 (but I could be wrong)
That would make sense, especially with the next batch of Preview scores coming out on the 17th like others have mentioned in this thread

Members don't see this ad :)
That would make sense, especially with the next batch of Preview scores coming out on the 17th like others have mentioned in this thread
Ya, I had that realization because I was looking at preview release dates because mine gets released Wednesday and there has only been one score release for this cycle so far.

Reactions: 1 user
Ya, I had that realization because I was looking at preview release dates because mine gets released Wednesday and there has only been one score release for this cycle so far.
I did not realize they took AAMC Preview scores into account for interviews, but that makes sense

I did not realize they took AAMC Preview scores into account for interviews, but that makes sense
Ya, it either says when you submit the secondary or in a confirmation email that they don't send II until you have an actual score. I guess this is the first cycle that they're making it a requirement for an interview.

do you have ties to cali and davis? Historically, they do not take many OOS.
My family in Sacramento and I lived there for a bit! I know it's a shot in the dark, but I have FAP and would love to be back in California.

Just to clarify, when they ask for the three activities how to we go about talking about it in a way that doesn't mimic the primary but still answers the prompt well

every time I get a notification on this thread my HR jumps

• Haha
Anybody without any super concerning parts of their app such as IAs or legal troubles answer question #1 on their secondary? I don't know whether I should pick apart certain parts of my app (e.g. any grades below a C, retaking MCAT with improved score, or MCAT subsection scores that are 125 CP and 126 BB?) since my GPA and MCAT fall in their reported ranges or leave it blank. I don't want to seem like I'm unable to self-reflect if I don't talk about something but at the same time don't want to draw attention to deficiencies in my app if unnecessary. Thanks!

Last edited:
Anybody without any super concerning parts of their app such as IAs or legal troubles answer question #1 on their secondary? I don't know whether I should pick apart certain parts of my app (e.g. any grades below a C, retaking MCAT with improved score, or MCAT subsection scores that are 125 CP and 126 BB?) since my GPA and MCAT fall in their reported ranges or leave it blank. I don't want to seem like I'm unable to self-reflect if I don't talk about something but at the same time don't want to draw attention to deficiencies in my app if unnecessary. Thanks!
There have to be parts of your app to pick apart. There is not way you have the best clinical, volunteering, leadership,research, teaching… and so on.

There have to be parts of your app to pick apart. There is not way you have the best clinical, volunteering, leadership,research, teaching… and so on.
I mean sure, nobody has a perfect app. But I don't think that's what the question is asking, it says "Discuss any elements... that you feel might be concerning...".
As far as my activities go, that's where I feel most confident in my app. As a non-trad with multiple gap years, I do have experience in all of those areas and they're all generally above to well above average in community engagement, hours earned, experience gained, etc. My stats are the more "imperfect" portions of my app.
The thing is, I don't know if pointing these things out are unnecessary, since my app was already screened and if it was a huge issue I wouldn't have received a secondary at all, plus you don't wanna point out weaknesses if you can help it/they can already see it themselves. On the other hand, do you seem arrogant if you don't discuss your weaknesses? I'm treading into overthinking territory.

Members don't see this ad :)
To supplement my question above, I found this response in an old thread:

For anyone else wondering if they should put N/A in the discuss any concerning elements question, here's what I found in last years thread. Personally I will be putting N/A! I do have a course that I retook, but I think my grade the second time around explains itself and I don't have any special circumstances to explain why I didn't do well the first time.
The general rule of thumb is to not draw attention to it. If adcom thinks its a red flag, they will ask you during your interview.
Agreed with the other poster! Unless there are significant obstacles which are worthy of bringing up, there’s no need to bring it up! Getting a secondary implies that they saw your grades/trends already anyways!
I asked some people who’ve applied before and personally put N/A. It should be fine!! Better than drawing attention to something on your app.
I put N/A and received an interview. I would only write something if there is an aspect that really stands out

anyone know how they look at preview scores? i got a 3. wondering if that means i shouldn't have high hopes for davis since they take preview

To supplement my question above, I found this response in an old thread:

I am a bit stupid and this is a completely unrelated question, but how can you quote multiple people in one single response ?

Well, preview scores were released… also, yikes…. Hopefully they don’t hold much weight haha

Well, preview scores were released… also, yikes…. Hopefully they don’t hold much weight haha
same, but looking at their website, its one part of your app, similar to how the MCAT and GPA are one part.

anyone know how they look at preview scores? i got a 3. wondering if that means i shouldn't have high hopes for davis since they take preview
I’m telling myself it’s just a personality test… hopefully it’s treated as such.

Now that scores are out, I'm hoping they'll start sending II

I understand what you’re saying about it being a requirement. I just don’t know what it actually shows adcoms. I’m sure there is more data they get than what we get.
true! i know last year it was just recommended. and this year its required so i wonder what led to that decision.

That was the year COVID first hit so the cycle was delayed by a few weeks
Ahuh, you are right. I just checked the previous cycles and it seems the only other time that they didn't start sending IIs in early August was 2018-2019 when they sent it in late August. Regardless, we should be due for some serious movement soon.

I am a bit stupid and this is a completely unrelated question, but how can you quote multiple people in one single response ?
Haha no worries! Took a little playing around on my end.
You would just press the "+Quote" button under each of the comments you want to quote. It saves that to "multi-quote" where you can access them when you're writing your reply.
When you open the text box to write your response, you would just press "Insert quotes..." at the bottom of the text box (to the left of "post reply") and there you'll find all of your saved quotes. Hope that helps!

Haha no worries! Took a little playing around on my end.
You would just press the "+Quote" button under each of the comments you want to quote. It saves that to "multi-quote" where you can access them when you're writing your reply.
When you open the text box to write your response, you would just press "Insert quotes..." at the bottom of the text box (to the left of "post reply") and there you'll find all of your saved quotes. Hope that helps!

Thank you so much!

Davis is the only school I haven't gotten a secondary from. My stats are OK and I have strong ties to Nor Cal, but how do they know that from my primary?

Davis is the only school I haven't gotten a secondary from. My stats are OK and I have strong ties to Nor Cal, but how do they know that from my primary?
only way they would know is from your permanent address / where you indicated you grew up during childhood / county of residence. they wouldnt know if you have strong ties to norcal otherwise

Got the secondary last week too! After being verified so long ago

IS, mission fit

Davis rly taking their time with II huh….

Davis rly taking their time with II huh….
II are going out in the following order
1- campus cows
2- mean/fat (physics building) campus cats
3- campus squirrels
4- egghead statues
5- jacked cat sculpture downtown near the underpass.
6- students if there are still open interview slots.

Reactions: 7 users
II are going out in the following order
1- campus cows
2- mean/fat (physics building) campus cats
3- campus squirrels
4- egghead statues
5- jacked cat sculpture downtown near the underpass.
6- students if there are still open interview slots.
don't forget those vicious turkeys

In my neurotic state, I looked back to threads dating to 2016 ish. Excluding the COVID year (where II were given out starting 9/23), the latest they started sending them out was 8/28.

Last edited:
In my neurotic state, I looked back to threads dating to 2016 ish. Excluding the COVID year (where II were given out starting 9/23), the latest they sent them out was 8/28.
Hey,
Take a deep breath… II will come out when they come out… some of us will get some and some of us won’t but none of us can do anything about it now…. Try to relax and don’t let this process shave years off of your life because of stress when it’s not in any of our hands. You put in the work, you prepared the best application that you could, now sit back and try to relax before your life becomes magnitudes more stressful than anything you’ve experienced thus far.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
In my neurotic state, I looked back to threads dating to 2016 ish. Excluding the COVID year (where II were given out starting 9/23), the latest they sent them out was 8/28.

That can’t be right? I saw someone got II on 2/12/19 on 2018-2019 thread