2022-2023 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For interview photos, does anyone know if smiling is acceptable? There is no mention of it on the portal page, but the US Passport Photos page they reference for examples requires a neutral expression. I emailed them, but just seeing if anyone already knows the answer.
For anyone curious, smiling in your interview photo is OK, per the email response I got from the admissions committee.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II received - no ties to NorCal, but very strong mission fit
IS, LM 71, WARS 76, Preview - 6, ORM
complete 7/19

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I am going to take my preview exam next week and I had a quick question. For those of you who already took the exam and saw their score, is the score sent to ALL schools that you applied to? Or is there a way to send it to select schools?

Thanks!

Hi! I am going to take my preview exam next week and I had a quick question. For those of you who already took the exam and saw their score, is the score sent to ALL schools that you applied to? Or is there a way to send it to select schools?

Thanks!
It gets added to your primary AMCAS application automatically under where the MCAT score is reported so all schools will see it.

Reactions: 1 users
It gets added to your primary AMCAS application automatically under where the MCAT score is reported so all schools will see it.
Just because it's added to your AMCAS report doesn't mean all schools see it. I'm pretty sure only schools that require or recommend it see it.

Just because it's added to your AMCAS report doesn't mean all schools see it. I'm pretty sure only schools that require or recommend it see it.
So only the Preview participating schools can see it and not the others?

Anyone else in soCal without secondary yet? I sent my primary August 1. Is it appropriate to email them to confirm if I got screened out or just wait? I just want to know if it's not a mistake on their part lol :)

Anyone else in soCal without secondary yet? I sent my primary August 1. Is it appropriate to email them to confirm if I got screened out or just wait? I just want to know if it's not a mistake on their part lol :)
they won't tell you anything sadly. Also, they don't like emails about app status or asking about secondary, etc.

Not in Socal, but norcal. Submitted on 8/22 and haven't heard anything. It seems like they take a lot of time with sending out secondaries and I'm tempted to email them but I think they said not to contact them lol. We'll get that secondary tho, fingers crossed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not in Socal, but norcal. Submitted on 8/22 and haven't heard anything. It seems like they take a lot of time with sending out secondaries and I'm tempted to email them but I think they said not to contact them lol. We'll get that secondary tho, fingers crossed.
Gotcha, thank you! Best of luck to you :D

Who did NOT get a secondary but have high/medium stats and some connection to NorCal?

I had low stats and no connection on my primary to NorCal (I shared that in my secondary) so I have no idea how I got a secondary. 5 years of rural/underserved healthcare employment probably helped. Doing PREview today, so we'll see if it turns into anything.

Last edited:
  • Wow
I was unable to complete the SJT Preview exam today due to technological issues and had to file a report to reschedule. Secondary was submitted last month but it hasn't gone anywhere since Preview had not been completed yet. So frustrating especially since this is the only school I even need it for :cryi:

I'm from SoCal, no ties to NorCal. My primary was verified on 7/13 and I received a secondary on 9/1.

Just making sure... our preview score gets directly sent to medical schools correct? There's no extra steps we need to take to send our scores to schools?
Yep it's integrated on our primary app right next to MCAT score

Just received one this morning! Complete 7/6; LM 76. Good luck everyone!

UC Davis received my primary application Aug 5th, but still no secondary application. Should I take that as a R? OOS and no ties to NorCal

UC Davis received my primary application Aug 5th, but still no secondary application. Should I take that as a R? OOS and no ties to NorCal
they take like zero OOS that don't have ties.

MSAR says strong ties to California are recommended and I went to undergrad in SoCal. Do you think that would help my chances?
maybe! from what i know they like people from norcal and then people from cali in general. i think people who are oos that have ties to cali but not norcal will be considered last. again, i'm not sure, just guessing based on their mission and such.

II today. I don’t see any available interview slots on the calendar (I uploaded my picture and signed the confirmation), so I guess I’ll wait for them to release more on Friday?

Edit: was able to schedule. Dates available 10/14 & 10/21.

Last edited:
II today. I don’t see any available interview slots on the calendar (I uploaded my picture and signed the confirmation), so I guess I’ll wait for them to release more on Friday?
congrats! mind sharing stats?

Still no secondary 😞 verified day 1, “AMCAS received” from Davis 8/6. Welp. IS, 525/3.8 (3.9bcpm) anyone else still left on read or

Still no secondary 😞 verified day 1, “AMCAS received” from Davis 8/6. Welp. IS, 525/3.8 (3.9bcpm) anyone else still left on read or
Also nontrad though so that may have sealed my fate?

Also sent them my primary 8/6. Still nothing...from SoCal but not nontrad

II this morning! Completed 7/9. This means so much to me, this is my dream school!!

The way I got all sad that I haven't gotten one but then realized they're still waiting on my preview o_O

seems like they are interviewing high stats first

Do you think its worth it to send them a Letter of interest? I haven't received a secondary yet :(

Does Davis do interviews later in the cycle too? I felt like I was a good mission fit with decent stats for Davis but I've not heard anything.

Does Davis do interviews later in the cycle too? I felt like I was a good mission fit with decent stats for Davis but I've not heard anything.
It varies some years, but they do interviews through the first week of April.

When inputting your prereqs, should I put the "credits earned" as they credits that amcas converted, so semester units? Or leave them in quarter units since there's the option to pick "quarter" for class type?