2022-2023 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we think they’re done giving out acceptances here?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
isnt the honors/hp/p/f system pretty common at t20 schools? Most do this tiered system and I was under the impression that wash u also did this tiered system for clerkships. This is what I found: Grading System < Washington University in St.Louis
Basically says that its tiered PF for clerkships. @babybluee could you elaborate where the distinctions come in/what they actually are?

That info is for the legacy curriculum not the Gateways curriculum

Members don't see this ad :)
That info is for the legacy curriculum not the Gateways curriculum
Ahh good catch. Heres the registrar info on grading for gateway: MD Grade Scale | Office of the Registrar

That kind confirms what babyblueee was saying about competent/not competent for preclins and then the same thing with chance to get distinction during clerkships. In a way that somewhat better than having the H/HP/P/F system right since its way more straightforward? @babybluee could you share any insight regarding what the percentage cutoff is to get Competent in preclinical phase?

Ahh good catch. Heres the registrar info on grading for gateway: MD Grade Scale | Office of the Registrar

That kind confirms what babyblueee was saying about competent/not competent for preclins and then the same thing with chance to get distinction during clerkships. In a way that somewhat better than having the H/HP/P/F system right since its way more straightforward? @babybluee could you share any insight regarding what the percentage cutoff is to get Competent in preclinical phase?
In preclinical the cutoff is 70% over the entire year. So you can fail an exam (<70%) and be more than fine as long as the avg is 70%. While 70% may feel high, it’s actually quite hard to fail.

The whole process is a bit more complicated because you need a 70% in each competency and multiple competencies can be tested on one exam so you can get all of competency A questions right but you can miss all of competency B. It’s a much more advanced and innovative way of assessing students. Either way you have a coach that monitors all of it for you and there is a giant spreadsheet to track each competency so it becomes super clear of exactly the places you need to work on — and your coach helps your strategize to fill these holes before you become anywhere close to failing. There’s lots of wiggle room this way to try new study strategies without risking everything because one exam doesn’t cause you to fail.

I wouldn’t overthink these things now, because even if I tell you “70%” that could mean totally different things based on how hard the exams are at various schools and how they grade them.

isnt the honors/hp/p/f system pretty common at t20 schools? Most do this tiered system and I was under the impression that wash u also did this tiered system for clerkships. This is what I found: Grading System < Washington University in St.Louis
Basically says that its tiered PF for clerkships. @babybluee could you elaborate where the distinctions come in/what they actually are?
A few (I think 6 schools? all in t20) have full P/F clerkships. I was under the impression WashU was adopting that with the new curriculum but doesn't seem like it.

Reactions: 1 user
A few (I think 6 schools? all in t20) have full P/F clerkships. I was under the impression WashU was adopting that with the new curriculum but doesn't seem like it.
Which ones? I thought it was just like yale (and maybe UCSF)? Most that do tiered PF have the rationale that it helps you stand out in some form during application season, but idk how much this holds true

Which ones? I thought it was just like yale (and maybe UCSF)? Most that do tiered PF have the rationale that it helps you stand out in some form during application season, but idk how much this holds true
To my knowledge, harvard, stanford, hopkins, yale, (and i think vandy and duke)? someone pls correct me if im wrong lol

Is it bad that I’m hopeful we will hear more acceptances today🫡lol

Reactions: 3 users
I feel that so badly. This cycle is wack. All WLs, like how

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my boyfriend to call admissions lol to ask if they are still giving out acceptances. The admissions lady said yes that it’s still an on-going process!! She also said to check our portal or voicemail for any notifications.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Got my boyfriend to call admissions lol to ask if they are still giving out acceptances. The admissions lady said yes that it’s still an on-going process!! She also said to check our portal or voicemail for any notifications.
the hope i needed today 🤞

Reactions: 6 users
The admissions lady says the same thing every time you call. This was her exact words when I called 2 weeks ago. So let’s see!

Manifesting calls for y’all waiting to hear back 🕯️🕯️🕯️

She also said the committee meets earlier in the week and decisions are sent later (Thursday, Friday, Saturday)

Unlikely, but did she comment or hint at when they would stop sending acceptances?

Unlikely, but did she comment or hint at when they would stop sending acceptances?

No not when. She just said it’s still on-going. Sounds like they’re still reviewing applicants ig?

This is how I imagine that talk with your bf went

Just call, call WashU.
You call WashU.
I can't, they know me, they know my voice, they'll know me, please, you gotta do it for me I'm begging you. Please please.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
This is how I imagine that talk with your bf went

Just call, call WashU.
You call WashU.
I can't, they know me, they know my voice, they'll know me, please, you gotta do it for me I'm begging you. Please please.

Close! Basically yea. Lol I said “do u wanna do me a favor and call washu and ask if they’re done sending out acceptances 🥹🫠🫡 that way I’m not implicated” honestly surprised he said sure lol

Last night I want to one of those restaurants with a waitlist tablet outside. You enter your info and get a call. They are affiliated with yelp. The area code they call you from is 314, you can already see where this is going. I didn’t see the call because you also get a text. So at like 11 ish I was checking my phone log and saw I had a missed 314/ St. Louis call. I got soooo excited that this must’ve been it and started crying then checked the time on the and realized it was the generic restaurant waitlist call! I’m unwell

Reactions: 4 users
Last night I want to one of those restaurants with a waitlist tablet outside. You enter your info and get a call. They are affiliated with yelp. The area code they call you from is 314, you can already see where this is going. I didn’t see the call because you also get a text. So at like 11 ish I was checking my phone log and saw I had a missed 314/ St. Louis call. I got soooo excited that this must’ve been it and started crying then checked the time on the and realized it was the generic restaurant waitlist call! I’m unwell
Bruh I thought it was just me - I ordered food last Thursday (during the wave) and freaked out when my phone started buzzing. It was my delivery driver o_O

The classic case is during the high point of the wave, you hear your phone ringing and get so excited for a moment, but then realize it's from your mom. That happened to me last week for another school lmao

Acceptance email received at 1:45ish EST! Interviewed on 02/01! Never got a call or voicemail to my knowledge!

• Love
The “WL/R awaiters” take a deeper breath every-time someone already ‘Accepted’ writes a post here! Agree? But hey it’s okay.

• Care
Acceptance email received at 1:45ish EST! Interviewed on 02/01! Never got a call or voicemail to my knowledge!

Wow congratulations!! I can’t believe they did not call you lol

Now to add extra email refreshing to my list of neurotic activities…

• Care
I haven't been thinking about medical school at all recently. I just fumbled a baddie and I'm activating Defcon 1 to win her back.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Salute GIF

• Haha
If A's popped off today, would it be after 5:30 pm CST like it has been? Or are we already toast?

On that topic, any calls for acceptances at all? Or did the admissions response earlier imply that it might go till the end of this week?

On that topic, any calls for acceptances at all? Or did the admissions response earlier imply that it might go till the end of this week?

I’m assuming later on this week we will hear more

thought my interviews here went well so this sucks hah ... expecting WL/R soon i guess

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
thought my interviews here went well so this sucks hah ... expecting WL/R soon i guess
It's not over till it's over! WashU WL apparently moves a lot so we should stay hopeful if we end up WL - and if it's an R then at least we don't have to wait any longer lmao

• Care
Give em hell tomorrow and Friday! Rooting for us, lawd have mercy

Reactions: 2 users