2025-2026 UC Davis

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

do they go in chronological order for II because people from August are just now getting interview invites ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else who interviewed UC Davis receive the email about MMI recordings? I'm assuming it was a general reminder sent to all interviewees after a reported incident but wanted to see if others got it as well.
 
Did anyone else who interviewed UC Davis receive the email about MMI recordings? I'm assuming it was a general reminder sent to all interviewees after a reported incident but wanted to see if others got it as well.
I did not receive that email, but I interviewed a while ago. What did it say?
 
do we think we’re getting any decisions released this week? i interviewed early december and feel like i should have heard back by now
 
ahh sorry! When did you interview? does the portal update?
I got an email. The email started with "We are pleased to offer you" lol but I knew that if it was an A, they'd call. Just checked my portal and looks like it's updated too 🙂 I will say that I decided to email them yesterday to follow up since they told me my final decision would come out last week, so idk if they're releasing more decisions today or just made a decision in response to my email. I interviewed 11/7. You got this!
 
random but does anyone know if uc davis is getting more selective now in terms of their mcat/gpa? they released their class of 2029 matriculant data and its really interesting when compared to the 2028 data. The undergraduate gpa went from 3.58 to 3.81 and mcat went from 509 to 511. Also noticed they didn't publish any racial/ethnic demographics as well as how many students are first gen/disadvantaged. Additionally the amount of research hours average nearly doubled as well as all the other volunteer/employment hours. I know the admissions process is getting more competitive year by year but in a 1 years time that seems like a huge jump?https://health.ucdavis.edu/mdprogra...0621-som-demographics-class-of-2029-FINAL.pdf
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email. The email started with "We are pleased to offer you" lol but I knew that if it was an A, they'd call. Just checked my portal and looks like it's updated too 🙂 I will say that I decided to email them yesterday to follow up since they told me my final decision would come out last week, so idk if they're releasing more decisions today or just made a decision in response to my email. I interviewed 11/7. You got this!
Thank you!!! I really hope you get in off the waitlist.
Looks like only your decision came out since you emailed them. I am expecting our decisions to come out tomorrow or next week.
 
random but does anyone know if uc davis is getting more selective now in terms of their mcat/gpa? they released their class of 2029 matriculant data and its really interesting when compared to the 2028 data. The undergraduate gpa went from 3.58 to 3.81 and mcat went from 509 to 511. Also noticed they didn't publish any racial/ethnic demographics as well as how many students are first gen/disadvantaged. Additionally the amount of research hours average nearly doubled as well as all the other volunteer/employment hours. I know the admissions process is getting more competitive year by year but in a 1 years time that seems like a huge jump?https://health.ucdavis.edu/mdprogra...0621-som-demographics-class-of-2029-FINAL.pdf
interesting observation!! Is this data showing median or mean? maybe that is the difference.
Average research hour of 1400+ and medical employment 2500+ is insane honestly
 
I thought UC Davis had huge II movement in January. Doesn't seem like that's the case this year, according to Admit.org or Cycletrack. What gives?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Doesn’t seem like more II were sent early in the cycle compared to last year, hopefully they’re slower this year and we’ll have movement in february
Screenshot 2026-01-27 at 2.56.18 PM.png

I also agree that there doesn't seem to be a super significant difference in how many more II they sent out early (based on cycle track). Very strange though, I wonder why they are seemingly so much slower this year...
 
When people wrote their thank you emails, did y'all address the whole admissions office? I normally just write them to the interviewers, but I did not write their names down in the limited MMI
 
From my limited cost benefit analysis, post interview it looks like they accept the top 25%, waitlist the middle 50%, reject the bottom 25%.

Per review batch
 
From my limited cost benefit analysis, post interview it looks like they accept the top 25%, waitlist the middle 50%, reject the bottom 25%.

Per review batch
It seemed like 33% A, 33% WL, and 33% R to me from looking at Admit 2025. But then again, I feel like I'm just reading tea leaves lol 🤣
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad