Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anybody heard anything recently?

Interviewed on 11/14 and haven't heard back.
What's the area code that they call from? I had 2 missed calls from an LA area code today.

Members don't see this ad.

What's the area code that they call from? I had 2 missed calls from an LA area code today.
Interviewed on 11/21 and haven't heard anything

Interviewed 11/11 and haven't heard anything either. Most have said either a TN or AR area code I believe.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Got the call about 3pm and interviewed 11/7.

Reactions: 6 users
At the interview yesterday, I spoke with some (I won't mention any names as they said they were not certain) but that person said they were going to try and have all decisions made by Christmas. So anyone who's been waiting for a decision, hopefully you'll have it by Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
At the interview yesterday, I spoke with some (I won't mention any names as they said they were not certain) but that person said they were going to try and have all decisions made by Christmas. So anyone who's been waiting for a decision, hopefully you'll have it by Christmas!

I was wondering if that was you at the interview yesterday but didn't want to ask in case I was wrong!

Just rescheduled my interview here. If somebody wants it, there should be an opening for this Friday. You just need to call them to reschedule

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed 11/11 as well and called last Friday (12/9) and was told by Patricia that they plan to go through the 11/11 interviewees this week and expect to hear something soon. I bet/hope they'll be going through us during their meeting on Thursday.

I interviewed here yesterday - really enjoyed it! Regardless of whether or not I am accepted, I was very impressed. Awesome facility and faculty. It was a very relaxed environment.

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed here yesterday - really enjoyed it! Regardless of whether or not I am accepted, I was very impressed. Awesome facility and faculty. It was a very relaxed environment.

After reading your previous posts of where you are from and where you work, I know exactly who you are! :) I was there yesterday as well and was extremely impressed! (I'm the one you chatted with when you first got there, at least I think I am... hopefully I don't have you confused with someone else haha)

Accepted!

See you all next fall.

Reactions: 7 users
I hoping you and everyone else gets accepted you all seem like good people

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like they're getting their decisions out this month before Christmas. Hopefully it won't take a month to hear back for those who interviewed this month

Awesome! Congrats to both of you! I'm assuming you guys got calls before the letter?
Oddly enough, I got an email. I haven't seen anyone post previously about an email acceptance, so it caught me off guard haha

Just got the acceptance call. Interviewed Nov 18.

Reactions: 4 users
Got the acceptance call! Interviewed nov 21

Reactions: 3 users
Really praying for an acceptance here! I'd love to be apart of the inaugural class here! Congratulations all those who've gotten acceptances

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know when 12/2 hears back?

I spoke with a faculty member when I interviewed on 12/12 who said that they were going to try and get all decisions out by Christmas. So, if they're hopeful that they could get the 12/12 decisions out they should definitely get to the 12/2 interviews before Christmas.

Does anyone know about how many people are offered an acceptance from each interview group?

I spoke with a faculty member when I interviewed on 12/12 who said that they were going to try and get all decisions out by Christmas. So, if they're hopeful that they could get the 12/12 decisions out they should definitely get to the 12/2 interviews before Christmas.

So there won't be any acceptances after the Christmas?

No there will be if they don't get them finished up. This person said that was their goal but that it could go into January as well

I believe there will be. I think it's basically all those who interviewed prior too xmas break will get a decision. There is still a lot of time in the cycle Arkansas state school doesn't have rolling admissions and sends out decisions in February so I imagine those who get accepted to UAMS will withdraw their acceptance most likely so you still have a decent chance

I believe there will be. I think it's basically all those who interviewed prior too xmas break will get a decision. There is still a lot of time in the cycle Arkansas state school doesn't have rolling admissions and sends out decisions in February so I imagine those who get accepted to UAMS will withdraw their acceptance most likely so you still have a decent chance

Good to know. Since I decided to apply late to this cycle, I'm taking MCAT this Jan. I know my chances are very slim. I contacted ARCOM last two months ago and they told me to go ahead and apply.

Anyone recently accepted get their official acceptance letter in the mail yet?

After reading your previous posts of where you are from and where you work, I know exactly who you are! :) I was there yesterday as well and was extremely impressed! (I'm the one you chatted with when you first got there, at least I think I am... hopefully I don't have you confused with someone else haha)

I believe you're correct. We were the first two in.

Help! Primary submitted 11/2. No confirmation email or any form of communication from ARCOM has arrived. I have since emailed twice and called/left voicemail. What should I do?

Help! Primary submitted 11/2. No confirmation email or any form of communication from ARCOM has arrived. I have since emailed twice and called/left voicemail. What should I do?

I had submitted my primary back in august and didn't hear anything until December when I got an invite to fill out a secondary

I submitted my primary back in july and still nothing. I've called 3 times. Each time they told me that they don't know what the hold up was after superficially looking over my application while I was on the phone and that the only thing I can do is continue to wait

I submitted my primary back in july and still nothing. I've called 3 times. Each time they told me that they don't know what the hold up was after superficially looking over my application while I was on the phone and that the only thing I can do is continue to wait
i submitted my secondary in June I didn't get a secondary until mid October after I took my MCAT. In my primary app although my personal statement was general it fit their mission statement (they are strongly mission based and want you to serve some where in AR) they also seemed to be a little bias to residents (as much as they can be anyway since not many AR resident go to college even less want to become physicians) and you must shadow a DO and Also have them write a letter I'm not sure if you have to before you get a secondary or not but I think it will help. I hope that helps

I noticed yesterday that Dr Bray was no longer listed on the faculty page. These things are typical of any new organization. Hopefully they'll get most of the kinks worked out before August.

This may be a long shot, but the more faculty changes we see, the more likely that there may be some policy changes too. Having friends who know Dr. Stowers from DCOM, I wouldn't be surprised to see the mandatory lectures tweaked. Also was told not to expect pressure to go into primary care if he's there. Some changes may be for the best for us.

This may be a long shot, but the more faculty changes we see, the more likely that there may be some policy changes too. Having friends who know Dr. Stowers from DCOM, I wouldn't be surprised to see the mandatory lectures tweaked. Also was told not to expect pressure to go into primary care if he's there. Some changes may be for the best for us.

That's something I forgot to ask about when I was there. What is their current policy for lectures?

That's something I forgot to ask about when I was there. What is their current policy for lectures?

Mandatory lectures and I believe most days will be 8-5. But TBL is factored into that too so I'm not sure how much of it will be actually in lecture vs working with your team on various things outside of class. Also, if you're not in anatomy for that current day, you will obviously have that big block of time open to use for whatever you want (probably 2-3 hour block of time).

Does anyone know when the admissions committee meets

When was your interview?
I can only speak for last week because I interviewed there on Friday and they said the committee was going to meet that very same day to review the prior applications including the batch on Friday. I can confirm that they did meet then because I got an acceptance call from Dr. Fudge yesterday.

Reactions: 2 users
When was your interview?
I can only speak for last week because I interviewed there on Friday and they said the committee was going to meet that very same day to review the prior applications including the batch on Friday. I can confirm that they did meet then because I got an acceptance call from Dr. Fudge yesterday.

I interviewed on Monday, the 12th. Wow that's a really fast turn around! You interviewed on the 16th and heard back on Monday? Congrats!

II today scheduled for January 4th! Anyone have any idea roughly how many spots are still available? Reading through these, I saw so many acceptances. Much appreciated!

II today scheduled for January 4th! Anyone have any idea roughly how many spots are still available? Reading through these, I saw so many acceptances. Much appreciated!

There should be plenty of spots available. A fair number of those accepted will ultimately matriculate at more established schools. Just be yourself in your interview and show them how great you are. You're not too late.