Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if they are open to calls about post rejection candidate evaluations?

I guess it wouldn't hurt to try? I know they are in today as I got a reply to an email I sent a week or so ago. I wonder, with it being a new school, if they get enough requests, maybe it's something they would consider doing!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
People who interviewed 12/19, please post when you get the call! Or if you got an email about waitlist.

People interviewing this week, please post what they say about making decisions about people from right before break.

Also for anyone who has an interview here soon, can you confirm what the dress code is? And if we'll actually be in class 9-5 everyday?

Last edited:
People who have interview:
Any tips for interview, sample questions would be greatly appreciated.
Interviewing soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing soon!
Tips: be yourself and be real. That's most important.

It will likely be difficult to find someone willing to give you sample questions as we all signed a non disclosure agreement.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G360T using SDN mobile

Interviewing soon!

Hey there! I interviewed in December, don't know if I was A/WL/R yet, so my advice might not be the best o_O.

Anyways, the best advice (even though it is cliche) is to RELAX. It is a fun interview day, I promise. You'll laugh a lot, be amazed by the facilities, and feel SO welcome by the staff/faculty. At first I wasn't so sure with it being a brand new school, but within an hour of being there I could clearly imagine myself attending ARCOM.

Honestly, just prepare for the basic medical school interview questions and you'll be fine (why doctor/why DO/why this school/etc.). You get to spend quite a bit of time with the faculty and staff (as there are no students), so take that time to learn more about the school and ask any questions. We asked a bunch of questions during our lunch and I think the faculty member was super excited with our interest (may or may not have heard a couple of the staff whisper "this is a really great group" between themselves).

I always prepare for some of the other typical questions: best/worst qualities, biggest challenge, time you failed, ethical situations etc. Not saying these are the questions I got, but I will say I didn't get anything I didn't practice for or anything WAY out of left field. Just be yourself. You'll be fine :)

Also, PS, go through early pages of this thread. Others gave some more specifics. GOOD LUCK!

II today after submitting yesterday. Thrilled, especially after reading how many of you seem to like this program!!!

Reactions: 3 users
I submitted early November and have yet to receive a confirmation email or anything. I tried to contact them many times. Getting worried.

I submitted early November and have yet to receive a confirmation email or anything. I tried to contact them many times. Getting worried.

I submitted in august and didn't hear anything until the beginning of December. It doesn't hurt to send an occasional email to follow up but it could take a while

Any interviewees from December 19 hear back?

Any interviewees from December 19 hear back?

Nope, but when I called last week they said that the committee is meeting this week. So hopefully we'll hear something late this week!

Are there people who have submitted their secondary application and got a verification that it is complete and are waiting to hear back on an interview?

Can someone give an outline of interview day? How many people interview per day? I interview on January 16.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone choosing ARCOM over a more established school? I am comparing them with UIW and NYIT - Jonesboro. I'm curious if anyone else has done a similar comparison and if so, what they decided! :)

Is anyone choosing ARCOM over a more established school? I am comparing them with UIW and NYIT - Jonesboro. I'm curious if anyone else has done a similar comparison and if so, what they decided! :)

I went with ARCOM over a more established school.
I'm interested in FM or IM, which you can get no matter the school. It's a little cheaper and I believe that the school has done a great job of anticipating the needs of the students. It's the only school that mentioned the mental well-being of the students.

I also like the forced interaction between peers. I'm pretty reclusive, so being required to spend time on the TBL stuff will help me get out and make friends.

Reactions: 6 users
I believe that the school has done a great job of anticipating the needs of the students. It's the only school that mentioned the mental well-being of the students.

Right there with you on that one. I chose ARCOM over 2 other schools that are a little more established. A lot of my decision was based on that fact.

Reactions: 1 users
The last I checked, NYIT-Jonesboro had many lectures via skype or something of that nature. Personally, I like to have my professors face to face and be able to go talk to them when I need to. That's the main reason I chose ARCOM over NYIT.

Accepted today!!! I'm not sure if this is real or not right now, today seems like a dream!

Reactions: 8 users
Any financial aid updates? Do they have a FAFSA school code yet?

Accepted! Interviewed 12/19.
So surreal! Need a letter/email for validation.

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone who got waitlisted planning on attending elsewhere?

I wish I could know whether or not ARCOM will be approved for title IV before the remainder of the deposit is due!

There is no reason they shouldn't, but perhaps this is something you could discuss with admissions?

I'm choosing ARCOM over a more established school as well for the faculty, curriculum, and population size. The class sizes are also smaller, which will give me more opportunity for 1:1 interaction

Reactions: 2 users
Am I the only person who can never get a hold of admissions? I have called 5 times and emailed 3. I sent in my primary in November and haven't even received a primary confirmation email.

I will be declining my seat. I really liked ARCOM however, I rather stay closer to home :/
I hope one of you guys get it! Best of luck!

I will be declining my seat as well. I really loved ARCOM. I know this is going to be a great school!

Good luck everyone!!

For the people who got waitlisted, when and how did you find out?
Has anyone been told they are rejected?

I've seen people from my interview day get in, and I'm starting to get worried

Don't be worried. As deposits come due (1/15 or 2/15, depending on interview date), some students will drop off and spots will open up.

I've seen people from my interview day get in,
and I'm starting to get worried
I feel like I've been the only person that's been outright rejected from ARCOM :(

LOL.

Hi, I was just looking through your older posts and you posted here that you received an acceptance call on Nov 23rd for your 10/31 interview, I was just confused whether you were accepted and are you just asking on behalf of someone else?

Hi, I was just looking through your older posts and you posted here that you received an acceptance call on Nov 23rd for your 10/31 interview, I was just confused whether you were accepted and are you just asking on behalf of someone else?

Hey! Yeah i was asking on behalf of someone else but he just got the call this afternoon so we'll both be attending in the fall! Can't wait to meet everyone else.

Also shows that they make calls on weekends too, if that gives people hope

I received an interview invite on Friday. VERY excited, as this is my first II! I will be there on the 28th. Is anyone else going to be in that group???
Hello,
I am wondering if you could tell me about the interview? was it multiple people, did you find it in your opinion to be more difficult or more laid back? Thank You!

Recently interviewed here. At first I didnt know what to expect because they are a brand new school and had a lot of technical difficulties starting with secondaries but I really liked the place. The faculty is warm and receptive and I feel that they keep an open mind. They seem like they are getting things together and are really excited for new students. For now I wait for their decision on my status. Hopefully its good news haha.
Hello,
I am wondering if you could tell me about the interview? was it multiple people, did you find it in your opinion to be more difficult or more laid back? I am interviewing next week. Thank You!

I feel like I've been the only person that's been outright rejected from ARCOM :(

LOL.

You're probably just the only one brave enough to post about it.
I have some post-II rejections from schools, but I didn't post it in their respective threads.

Reactions: 2 users