Pikeville College SOM- 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where's the secondary?! I was processed by AACOMAS a month ago.

Chillax SavoirFaire, it doesn't sound like anybody has received a secondary yet. Tho, I, too, am getting anxious to get it. Let's just keep hoping it will come soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Chillax SavoirFaire, it doesn't sound like anybody has received a secondary yet. Tho, I, too, am getting anxious to get it. Let's just keep hoping it will come soon!

No secondary here yet either and Ive already done and sent in one secondary. Im really hoping it comes this week!!

No secondary here yet either and Ive already done and sent in one secondary. Im really hoping it comes this week!!

Did I read somewhere that you interviewed this last cycle? If so, did they suggest you reapply?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did I read somewhere that you interviewed this last cycle? If so, did they suggest you reapply?

Yea I interviewed last year and they told me to reapply. Im so excited I made my application alot stronger so I think this year Ill have a much better chance.

Hey guys,

As a UPike Student, I'm obviously applying here

I talked to the admissions office, she said they've been in the process of getting everything changed over to KYCOM and that it would take a while before anyone would receive secondaries. This was about 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:
Yea, I think the re-structuring is pretty good though. Last year when I called admissions I only got in once out of 30 tries. This year, I can bug them all I want haha.

I still haven't gotten the secondary either. Last year they begin interviewing in October and sent out those invites around the first of September. Looks like things may get started later if secondaries still haven't been sent.

Hey guys...i am a nj resident... received no reply for KYCOM. all i know is that they have downloaded my letters of recommendation from virtual evals and thats about it. Hopefully I (not being anywhere close to pikeville) receive a secondary.

I talked to Admissions yesterday...they said Secondaries should be coming any day now

Sounds great. Hopefully they'll come this week. It's already August. Best of luck everyone.

Can anyone tell me how much of a regional bias there is at Pikesville? As a CA resident will it be difficult? Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell me how much of a regional bias there is at Pikesville? As a CA resident will it be difficult? Thanks in advance.

If I remember correctly there is a very strong regional bias at this school. However, it has been a few years since I researched schools so that could have changed...but I don't think it has.

Members don't see this ad :)
For a regional bias, does that mean KY only, bordering states, Southeast...? I'm from Georgia.

The MCAT and GPA averages were much lower than many other schools, which made me think they are more mission-oriented with preference given to students who want to work in rural areas. Is this true?

For a regional bias, does that mean KY only, bordering states, Southeast...? I'm from Georgia.

The MCAT and GPA averages were much lower than many other schools, which made me think they are more mission-oriented with preference given to students who want to work in rural areas. Is this true?

Yes to basically all of that. They have a STRONG appalachian bias. They are VERY geared towards training rural physicians.

Has anyone received a secondary from Pikeville yet? I have already received one interview invite to another school. I wonder what is taking so long.

Has anyone received a secondary from Pikeville yet? I have already received one interview invite to another school. I wonder what is taking so long.

No :( I'm anxiously waiting though!!

Hey all- first post!

just submitted my primary yesterday. im hearing secondary apps are right around the corner.

BTW- the name for the school has changed. It is now University of Pikeville- Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine.

I hope so! I really like this school! Fingers crossed...

Awesome! When do you plan on getting your application in? Have you heard anything about the rise in accepted applicants this year?

I have heard about the rise in accepted applicants. The reason for this is the brand new $30+ million facility they are building which will open up in march/april of 2012. This new state of the art facility will allow the school to matriculate 100 applicants this cycle, and then 125 the next cycle.

I would think interviews would start end of October at the earliest. Secondaries? Who knows?

Fingers crossed that we get secondary applications this week. I talked with the admissions person a week ago and they were hoping to get them out anytime. He said the plans were still to begin interviews in October.

Hey guys! I'm applying to Pikeville this year as well!

However, I'm a little afraid for my wife because I don't know hoe easy it would be to find in the area. She has a bachelor's degree in management information systems. Anyone know anything about this? :scared:

hey did everyone receive an email with the link to the supplemental application? I clicked on it but I'm not being transferred to a page to create a username and password. Is anyone having this same problem?

not having that problem yet because i haven't gotten that e-mail yet... hmm...

hey did everyone receive an email with the link to the supplemental application? I clicked on it but I'm not being transferred to a page to create a username and password. Is anyone having this same problem?

Yes!! It takes to me a different site that says username and password but no matter what you enter it just denies you! If you figure this out please let me know

Anybody have any idea if there are any requirements for the statement of intent?

Was disappointed I had to get yet another letter of recommendation. I had a committee letter with 2 science faculty and my DO letter, but I requested a letter just now from another science faculty to satisfy KYCOM's requirement of 3 different letters. Hopefully this will be resolved quickly and I can submit the secondary application soon. I have finished it just waiting for a response from my science professor and for him to send it into interfolio.

Good luck to everyone!

does anyone know what address we should send in the letters? I tried to look for it and found regular one, but I don't want to send them to wrong address.:(

Still no secondary :( Pikeville is one of my top choices, so hopefully I didn't get a rejection... I just want a secondary!!

does anyone know what address we should send in the letters? I tried to look for it and found regular one, but I don't want to send them to wrong address.:(

Even if you're not using Interfolio, if you look up the school through that site they should have the correct address. Or you can always call the admissions office.

So question... for the "Statement of Purpose" is that where you are all putting your essays or are you writing something here and also sending essays. Lol, I am assuming this is where the essay goes.

-- Edit: I am dumb, I re-read the instructions, the statement of purpose box is where the essays go.

Last edited:
So question... for the "Statement of Purpose" is that where you are all putting your essays or are you writing something here and also sending essays. Lol, I am assuming this is where the essay goes.

-- Edit: I am dumb, I re-read the instructions, the statement of purpose box is where the essays go.

Statement of purpose is were your essay goes! Good luck

Submitted my secondary yesterday! Glad to finally be done! :)

I haven't received a secondary yet. Does anyone know if they screen? The CIB says Supplemental Applications are "Sent to All Applicants" and then under that it says "URL by invitation only".

I haven't received a secondary yet. Does anyone know if they screen? The CIB says Supplemental Applications are "Sent to All Applicants" and then under that it says "URL by invitation only".

Same here. At first I thought maybe it was just the in-staters receiving them, but that's not the case. I've never heard of them doing screening, but who knows...

Was disappointed I had to get yet another letter of recommendation. I had a committee letter with 2 science faculty and my DO letter, but I requested a letter just now from another science faculty to satisfy KYCOM's requirement of 3 different letters. Hopefully this will be resolved quickly and I can submit the secondary application soon. I have finished it just waiting for a response from my science professor and for him to send it into interfolio.

Good luck to everyone!

So you have to get 3 science letters now? Or is it three letters from professors (2 science, 1 non science) and a DO letter?

Hey everyone! I got a secondary from them about 4 days ago, but I'm slightly confused about the "Statement of Purpose" section. Are they seriously just asking us to put our personal statement again, or can we write something different if it's still centering around the idea of "why medicine" (etc.)?

Wow, scratch that. I'm a genius! Please ignore my question. :(

Last edited:
Submitted my secondary yesterday! Glad to finally be done! :)

Same here, submitted last night and it was a huge relief! :soexcited: Now I only have one secondary left and then I will be done with ALL of my applications and just have to wait for interview invitations! :xf:

Hey everyone! I got a secondary from them about 4 days ago, but I'm slightly confused about the "Statement of Purpose" section. Are they seriously just asking us to put our personal statement again, or can we write something different if it's still centering around the idea of "why medicine" (etc.)?

Wow, scratch that. I'm a genius! Please ignore my question. :(

I am still wondering the answer to this question! What is the statement of purpose?! It's so general I have no idea what to put there.