Saint Louis University or Jefferson Medical College?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

notch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've interviewed at one and just got an invite for the other.

Anyone here have any insights on how to compare the two?
Which one would you rather attend and why?

Members don't see this ad.

Wait for decisions as you may not even have to make the choice.

Yeah, I'm confused. Are you actually accepted? Or you just interviewed at one and trying to decide whether you should interview at the other? If you don't have an acceptance, then it's a no brainer -- go to the interview. :p And wait until you're actually accepted before trying to decide which to attend.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey

the reason i'm asking i guess

is cuz i have the option of interviewing in either 2 weeks or 3

in about 2.5 weeks, i should hear back from jmc

i'm debating as to whether to schedule the slu intw before or after the jmc decision.

and if i get into jmc, is it really worth it to try for slu?
because if yes, then i'll go to slu in 2 wks
if not, i'll schedule it for in 3 weeks, so that i only go if im not accepted to jmc.

i need someone to give me an impression on how these two schools compare.

hey

the reason i'm asking i guess

is cuz i have the option of interviewing in either 2 weeks or 3

in about 2.5 weeks, i should hear back from jmc

i'm debating as to whether to schedule the slu intw before or after the jmc decision.

and if i get into jmc, is it really worth it to try for slu?
because if yes, then i'll go to slu in 2 wks
if not, i'll schedule it for in 3 weeks, so that i only go if im not accepted to jmc.

i need someone to give me an impression on how these two schools compare.

Gutsy move. If I were you, I would go to all interviews especially because you have yet to land an acceptance, and it's already pretty late in the cycle.

Gutsy move. If I were you, I would go to all interviews especially because you have yet to land an acceptance, and it's already pretty late in the cycle.

alrighty!

I withdrew post-interview invite from a bunch of schools including SLU and Drexel post JMC acceptance.

..but without an acceptance, I would go to both interviews and schedule them as early as possible.

I second!

Take the interviews as early as possible. At this stage, all you'd lose would be the money invested in the SLU interview, but risk potentially not getting into either if JMC doesn't work out and somehow you don't land a spot in SLU, maybe due to a late interview...

Plus, if you go, you'll be able to answer your own question about which one is preferable (to you). I think it is wisest to go interview as early as possible, and only start withdrawing AFTER your 1st acceptance.

I second!

Take the interviews as early as possible. At this stage, all you'd lose would be the money invested in the SLU interview, but risk potentially not getting into either if JMC doesn't work out and somehow you don't land a spot in SLU, maybe due to a late interview...

Plus, if you go, you'll be able to answer your own question about which one is preferable (to you). I think it is wisest to go interview as early as possible, and only start withdrawing AFTER your 1st acceptance.

yea i definitely liked slu way more than jeff actually.
plus jeff didn't like me all that much.
so lets see what slu says.

Hey all,

I don't mean to thread jack, but I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I was just excepted into both St. Louis University and the University of Toledo Med schools, and was looking for some advice from anyone on the two programs. Need to decide ASAP.. any advice will help.

Thanks guys!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.