2008-2009 Rosalind Franklin Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when did you submit ? i just turned my app in last friday so i'm just trying to figure out how long it will take

I mailed it in from Washington DC on 7-23-08... Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad.

i submitted my secondary on 7/21 and letters on 7/22 and received that complete email today

Members don't see this ad :)
i need to complete this secondary with the quickness....

So, I need to actually mail this in snail mail? There is online wizard for this??

I also got the complete email today. Very quick for a snail mail process. I'm impressed.

Hey everyone. So I just got access to the secondary today, and I'm going to have it filled out by early next week. I'm wondering if it would be ok to go ahead and have my LORs sent now, just to get it out of the way. I know it takes a few weeks to get LORs matched to the application at some schools, so I thought I might get a head start. I'll call in the morning and ask, but I thought I could get a quicker response here! Thanks, peeps.

Hey everyone. So I just got access to the secondary today, and I'm going to have it filled out by early next week. I'm wondering if it would be ok to go ahead and have my LORs sent now, just to get it out of the way. I know it takes a few weeks to get LORs matched to the application at some schools, so I thought I might get a head start. I'll call in the morning and ask, but I thought I could get a quicker response here! Thanks, peeps.

Yea if they sent you a secondary you are in their system, have at it.

After sitting in my inbox for close to two weeks I finally finished this beast today. They ought to give us all interviews just for submitting! :laugh:

I've decided not to finish their secondary... Good luck to all of you applying!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've decided not to finish their secondary... Good luck to all of you applying!
Yeah, I am struggling with this secondary. I might not ever finish it as I keep getting more schools to fill out.

What kinds of things are you guys putting for weakness? Everything I can think about can be frowned upon...should I spin it so that it is something that I am working on fixing etc..?

if i were reviewing applications i would favor the application that puts an actual weakness. everyone has them. talk about how you plan on working on fixing it.

i know this is medical school application stuff, but i dont think people should ever be ashamed of who they are or how they are perceived. if the school doesn't like it, then they don't deserve you as a student. i know that's easier said than done when it's your future at stake..

I love the name you chose to use for this site. It is utterly brilliant because, in a single compound word name, you sum up the way that so many of us on here feel about our identities and our futures.

Just wanted to say that.

if i were reviewing applications i would favor the application that puts an actual weakness. everyone has them. talk about how you plan on working on fixing it.

i know this is medical school application stuff, but i dont think people should ever be ashamed of who they are or how they are perceived. if the school doesn't like it, then they don't deserve you as a student. i know that's easier said than done when it's your future at stake..

so is anyone else being confirmed as complete at Rosalind Franklin? I am still not complete and it has been a few weeks, just wonderin if I should call or somehting.

nothing here though they've already cashed my check

Just call the admissions office to check your status, they are very friendly and quick.

I left a msg (since no matter what time//day I call I get a machine) and an email I got a return email saying they couldnt check individual application status at the moment and to ask again in a few weeks.

My check has also been cashed which means it arrived safely at least.

hey, i got the confirmation email a while ago, but i have been calling them obsessively for over a month now, have left 2 messages (always get the machine!!!) and have not heard from them. i just want to talk to a live person. i'm calling 847-578-3204 is that what you all are calling or am i just the world's biggest idiot, and there is a different number to call?
thanks!

hey, i got the confirmation email a while ago, but i have been calling them obsessively for over a month now, have left 2 messages (always get the machine!!!) and have not heard from them. i just want to talk to a live person. i'm calling 847-578-3204 is that what you all are calling or am i just the world's biggest idiot, and there is a different number to call?
thanks!
Why are you calling if you got the confirmation email?

I got the complete email on the 5th. It says the will update your status through email/regular mail.

i call schools several times in order to stay on their raidar and to speak with admission people. that way i'm not just an anonymous "verified" applicant.

Quick LOR question -

I'm sending my letter electronically via Interfolio. However, neither of my professors uploaded the letter with letterhead, and my work supervisor is a previous supervisor from a year ago who knew me very well and supervised me for a long time.... but no longer works there. So of course that letter is not on letterhead either. Is this going to be a problem? Their secondary says something to the effect of that all letters must be on letterhead, but I've heard that only pertains to letters mailed from the school and not from Interfolio.

Does anyone have the answer?? Anyone sent these electronically without letterhead and had/not had a problem? Thanks :)

i call schools several times in order to stay on their raidar and to speak with admission people. that way i'm not just an anonymous "verified" applicant.

this sounds spectacularly annoying and is probably not giving you an advantage in any way. If you don't have anything important to ask or tell them (especially if your application is already complete) its probably best to leave them alone.

this sounds spectacularly annoying and is probably not giving you an advantage in any way. If you don't have anything important to ask or tell them (especially if your application is already complete) its probably best to leave them alone.

agreed -- schools are going to get pissed off because they're swamped with stuff right now. your application should speak a great deal for itself so hopefully you did it well enough to assure you're not some "anonymous verified applicant"

Hi all!
I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I was just wondering if they send secondaries to everyone or if they screen. I have gotten all of my other secondaries from the schools I applied to, but haven't received anything from Rosalind Franklin.
So I guess my questions are:
1. do they send an email to everyone?
2. how long after being AMCAS verified did you receive your email?

Cheerleader:
1) I think they do send to everyone, but not 100% certain
2) Received the secondary about 3 weeks after my AMCAS was verified.

Has anyone found a place on their site that lists the required clerkships? I looked on the curriculum page and didn't really see anything about them.

This was probably the most annoying secondary I've filled out to date... I had to retype my essays 3 times because they wouldn't fit and I had to redo the spacing. Once when I pressed backspace to delete, the webpage went back to the previous page and when I went forward again, everything I had typed was gone. So annoying! They really need to just have an online form like almost every other school I've applied to.

This was probably the most annoying secondary I've filled out to date... I had to retype my essays 3 times because they wouldn't fit and I had to redo the spacing. Once when I pressed backspace to delete, the webpage went back to the previous page and when I went forward again, everything I had typed was gone. So annoying! They really need to just have an online form like almost every other school I've applied to.

It WAS really annoying. For those who haven't completed it yet, I found each answer maxed out at about 1700 characters, assuming you don't skip any lines to make new paragraphs.

I don't see why they can't just put a text box instead of these annoying lines. I had to write my answer in word, then literally copy & paste line by line to get the spacing right. ANNOYING.

Quick LOR question -

I'm sending my letter electronically via Interfolio. However, neither of my professors uploaded the letter with letterhead, and my work supervisor is a previous supervisor from a year ago who knew me very well and supervised me for a long time.... but no longer works there. So of course that letter is not on letterhead either. Is this going to be a problem? Their secondary says something to the effect of that all letters must be on letterhead, but I've heard that only pertains to letters mailed from the school and not from Interfolio.

Does anyone have the answer?? Anyone sent these electronically without letterhead and had/not had a problem? Thanks :)

I called with this same question and they told me it was fine- I sent it in a lil over a week ago and haven't heard anything yet though to tell you if it truly worked out though.

neone did not completely fill the spaces of the questions?

does rosalind have a time to call for status checks ? and a phone number ? i found the general phone number but is there one specifically for admissions ? k thanks !

I sent in my app about 2 weeks ago and just got an e-mail today letting me know I am complete. Now i just sit back and wait and ponder what "Discovery in Life" means to me... :laugh:

neone did not completely fill the spaces of the questions?

I totally didn't, except for that diversity question. I felt like once I said my piece I didn't wanna keep BS-ing just to fill up the lines. :oops: Ya know?

this is my last freaking secondary and i hate it!!!!! I cant BS anymore! and wut is with the "inter-professional environment" ? they repeat that like 20 times in the main page (exaggerating )

Quick question...what did you guys put on page 5 of the app, where it asks if you want to release the info provided on the app?

this is my last freaking secondary and i hate it!!!!! I cant BS anymore! and wut is with the "inter-professional environment" ? they repeat that like 20 times in the main page (exaggerating )

you should know something about the schools you are applying to. RFU is a health professions school. Interprofessionalism is an important part of your future career. You'll have to work with PA's, PT's, nurses, pathologists, etc.

Quick question...what did you guys put on page 5 of the app, where it asks if you want to release the info provided on the app?

Is there a reason why I shouldn't say yes? If I say no, does that void my application or something?

Hey, if you still feel this way, take a few more days for a breather. It's definitely not a good idea to go into a secondary hating it...especially when you have to write 4 essays about it. That negative attitude will also be present in them. Embrace it. It's your last one!

I know that feeling alright...same problem with Georgetown, I cant think of a page worth of reasons to go there :mad:

Got confirmed as complete last week! However, my MCAT scores don't come out for 2 more weeks so I won't hear anything til then.

agreed -- schools are going to get pissed off because they're swamped with stuff right now. your application should speak a great deal for itself so hopefully you did it well enough to assure you're not some "anonymous verified applicant"

funny story-the last school i kept calling and "pissing off" invited me for an interview on the phone. thanks for the advice though

so i sent in my secondary to rfu over a month ago now, and my letters were uploaded onto Vevals even earlier. have not gotten the complete email and every time i call, its an answering machine. i left a message a week ago but no response. any suggestions?

you should know something about the schools you are applying to. RFU is a health professions school. Interprofessionalism is an important part of your future career. You'll have to work with PA's, PT's, nurses, pathologists, etc.

dont get me wrong, i think the idea of working with all the other health providers is really clever, and i kind of like the idea. is just that they make it seen like that is all they have to offer. i am just saying.

Hey, if you still feel this way, take a few more days for a breather. It's definitely not a good idea to go into a secondary hating it...especially when you have to write 4 essays about it. That negative attitude will also be present in them. Embrace it. It's your last one!

u r right, thanks for the advise.

so i sent in my secondary to rfu over a month ago now, and my letters were uploaded onto Vevals even earlier. have not gotten the complete email and every time i call, its an answering machine. i left a message a week ago but no response. any suggestions?

Hmmm I did the same thing today and I sent my secondary in on 8/12 and my letters went virtual eval on 8/20 so I'm in about the same boat, called today left a message...

Status
Not open for further replies.