2008-2009 Rosalind Franklin Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a site where I can check my status?
Thanks!

You have to send them an e-mail and ask about your current status.

Members don't see this ad.

How long after you're complete does the prescreen process take? And what criteria do they use to prescreen applications? Anyone have any info?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten interviews from RFU yet?

Well, I am complete and ready for the "initial screening process".

So, how rigorous is this intial screening process??

Well, I am complete and ready for the "initial screening process".

So, how rigorous is this intial screening process??

Did you e-mail and ask about your status? I e-mailed them on Monday morning and they still haven't gotten back to me! Argh.

i also emailed monday and have heard nothing.

Did you e-mail and ask about your status? I e-mailed them on Monday morning and they still haven't gotten back to me! Argh.

I think mbe36 might be referring to the "complete" email that they send you when they have everything for review:

Dear Applicant;
This email is to notify you that your materials have been received, and your application is complete. Your file will now go through an initial screening process. CMS notifies applicants of status changes through email and/or mail.

If you have any questions, please email the Admissions Office
They might also be answering status questions via email...not sure because I haven't tried.

Actually I went to e-mail them yesterday and had this e-mail from them:

Dear Applicant;
This email is to notify you that your materials have been received, and your application is complete. Your file will now go through an initial screening process. CMS notifies applicants of status changes through email and/or mail.

If you have any questions, please email the Admissions Office

My question is: How rigorous is this "initial screening process"?

I emailed them this morning and then I got the complete email this afternoon. But I think it was more of a coincidence than them responding to my email instantly. Btw, I submitted my application on 8/27. Now here's hoping they give me an interview :D

Members don't see this ad :)
My question is: How rigorous is this "initial screening process"?[/quote]

I have the same question. Do any current Rosalind Franklin students know the answer?

Students don't really have anything to do with the admissions process, other than playing tour guide and fielding questions about being a student here. So, sorry, none of us can probably help you with any information about application evaluations.

My one piece of advice: stop worrying about it, relax and chill out. Once your application is complete, it's pretty much out of your hands until the interview. Why stress yourself out over something you have no control/influence over?

is anyone still waiting for a secondary? I know my amcas was sent to them the first week of September...

I emailed them this week and they told me they will send out my secondary next week. I was verified 1st week of sept if that helps.

I emailed them yesterday afternoon because I have been complete for a while without news. They replied this morning and said that I have passed the initial screening and am in the small pool of applicants to potentially be interviewed. I figure that this is good news :)

anyone interviewing on monday (9/29)?

just wondering--i'm gonna be waiting a long time at the airport on monday night and wouldn't mind some company :)

I emailed them yesterday afternoon because I have been complete for a while without news. They replied this morning and said that I have passed the initial screening and am in the small pool of applicants to potentially be interviewed. I figure that this is good news :)

you think that is good news ?? i got the same thing, so funny, in an email too today! i was trying to decide if that was good or bad.. it kind of sounds like a pre-interview hold to me which i feel like isn't good news. but maybe this just means we are looked at more ? i dont know :confused::confused:

you think that is good news ?? i got the same thing, so funny, in an email too today! i was trying to decide if that was good or bad.. it kind of sounds like a pre-interview hold to me which i feel like isn't good news. but maybe this just means we are looked at more ? i dont know :confused::confused:

Anything that's not a rejection is good news in my book. My understanding is that we have made it through screens like MCAT/GPA/etc. and put in a pool from which they will draw future interviews (like MCW and a couple other schools do). Not necessarily a hold and certainly not a rejection. If not an interview I would assume this is the next best place to be, especially as it is still kinda early. Hopefully an interview invite will come soon!

how did it take to go from smaller pool >> interview invite?

What is the time period between neing complete and passing the screening process?

What is the time period between neing complete and passing the screening process?

i got application complete email on aug 27 but then they never sent me anymore updates. so i emailed them and got a reply saying:
Your file is complete and has passed the initial screening process. This means you are in the pool of applicants who may be invited to interview with CMS. However, this does not guarantee an invitation and you may be invited to interview or declined an interview at anytime during the admissions process.

so i say just email them. good luck

Thanks bluesMD!

I was invited to interview a few weeks back and wasnt notified of anything (aside from my completion) until then. I am guessing I too came from the small pool, just sooner than everyone else still waiting in it.

I was invited to interview a few weeks back and wasnt notified of anything (aside from my completion) until then. I am guessing I too came from the small pool, just sooner than everyone else still waiting in it.

congrats on your interview! when were you complete, if you don't mind me asking

For those who have already interviewed there or have already made travel plans, how do you plan on working out the logistics of this trip? I checked out the travel planner guide on RFU's website but how far away are those hotels from the school? Since they all offer free shuttle service from the airport, I guess that saves us a lot of taxi money but then how much would it cost to cab it from the hotel to the school?

i also got the passing the initial screen e-mail when I requested my status check. does anyone know the enrollment and interview invite numbers for rosalind franklin?

Total admissions data 9995 applied, 783 interviewed, 509 were accepted, 190 enrolled

Total admissions data 9995 applied, 783 interviewed, 509 were accepted, 190 enrolled

do you by any chance have IS vs OOS data? thanks

do you by any chance have IS vs OOS data? thanks
1151 residents applied, 250 were interviewed, 71 matriculated.
7993 non residents applied, 480 interviewed, 102 matriculated.
so they do slightly favor instate.

the trend is leaning more towards in-state acceptances. the school wants to keep more alumni in the neighborhood so they are available for shadowing, preceptorships, etc.

Has anyone heard when they start releasing acceptance information? The pamphlet makes it look like they might start in December, I interviewed in early October.

Just curious. How long does the interview last. I know the tour/interview starts at 8:30am. When does it go till?

Does anybody know how many OUT of STATE, INSTATE and INTERNATIONALS were accepted (not matriculated)?

Thanks.

You have two interviews between 9 and 12. Tour guides come in around 11:30 or 12 to hang out and answer questions. Tour/lunch is from 12 to 1:30 at the latest.

Has anyone heard when they start releasing acceptance information? The pamphlet makes it look like they might start in December, I interviewed in early October.

I think the admissions committee is going to meet on Oct 24 ... but not sure when they will send out acceptances! Admissions committee meets once every month to decide on the applicants interview that month (acceptance vs. hold for next meeting(s) vs. rejection).

Initial screen means CMS will look at MCAT, GPA, transcripts, essay, LORs, extracurricular activities, etc ... and decide on rejection vs. possible interview. I am not sure how they pick out who to interview from the pool though.

Has anyone who interviewed at Rosalind in October heard anything back yet?

I e-mailed CMS to inquire about my status. (I was complete on 9/25.)

After a month, I am still in the review phase. Is this normal??

Last edited:
Still haven't heard anything; interviewed in early October.

1151 residents applied, 250 were interviewed, 71 matriculated.
7993 non residents applied, 480 interviewed, 102 matriculated.
so they do slightly favor instate.

I would say more than slightly. According to US News, they accepted 170/1186 instate (14.3%), but only 339/8809 OOS (3.9%). With these numbers, you'd think they were a public school.

how long smaller pool >> interview invite? thanks in advance!

Do you know how many internationals were interviewed and accepted (not matriculated but accepted)

I got off the small pool in about a week back in sept.

Did anybody else who interviewed at RFU get the CBC e-mail today??

I'm not sure if it is from them or not but I"m hoping....

I emailed RFU in sept to get my status, and they said i was complete. i sent an update on 10/21. do you think its too soon to email them again about my status?

Just got interview invite (third one for today)...can't handle it anymore...I need a drink!!!! :p
Well, at least all those crazy essays about working in interprofessional environment weren't for nothing!!! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.