2011-2012 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang this is making me a little anxious. I'll even use this emoticon to express what I am feeling: :scared:

I sent an update letter to them last week and got a really nice response from Dr. McGeehan.. .sooo... hopefully soon for me too.

Got the call from Dr. Dayton today! Interviewed 12/2, high priority waitlist sometime early January. I will probably withdraw from Cooper, but regretfully. It is clear that this school is going to be incredible.

Good luck to everyone else!

Members don't see this ad.

got accepted off priority waitlist yesterday.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't mind my asking, those of you who were priority wait listed and accepted 2/14, when were you wait listed (how long were you on the list before hearing)? Does anyone know if the list is ranked in some way?

Last edited:
waitlisted today. interviewed 2/10. anyone get priority waitlist or acceptance from 2/10 interview day?

If you don't mind my asking, those of you who were priority wait listed and accepted 2/14, when were you wait listed (how long were you on the list before hearing)? Does anyone know if the list is ranked in some way?

Priority waitlisted on 11/17 so just short of three months on the list for for me. Unsure if it is ranked, but Dr. Dayton alluded that it is a very small list.

I wonder how short? I am losing the hope here, been on it since Oct. and nothing :(

Priority waitlisted on 11/17 so just short of three months on the list for for me. Unsure if it is ranked, but Dr. Dayton alluded that it is a very small list.

I am in a similar situation as you (interviewed at Cooper on 11/11) .. really want to go there, accepted elsewhere (and excited about it!). I have put a note in my calendar for JUNE 1st -- "Have you been accepted to Cooper?" because I told myself I wouldn't freak out until then. It's really too early to start losing hope, a lot can happen and there are some real rock stars and I'm sure awesome people who have gotten acceptances here ahead of us.

I wonder how short? I am losing the hope here, been on it since Oct. and nothing :(

Same situation here. I'm just getting extremely anxious cuz my other acceptance has an early start date. Sigh y can't I be a rock star lol.

I am in a similar situation as you (interviewed at Cooper on 11/11) .. really want to go there, accepted elsewhere (and excited about it!). I have put a note in my calendar for JUNE 1st -- "Have you been accepted to Cooper?" because I told myself I wouldn't freak out until then. It's really too early to start losing hope, a lot can happen and there are some real rock stars and I'm sure awesome people who have gotten acceptances here ahead of us.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whoa I didn't know schools started in June. Well -- not a whole lot you and I can do about our situation now. Just wait and hope for the best. But at least you know you're going to go somewhere this year! A lot of people don't have that luxury -- In fact, I was pretty much gearing up for the reapplication process.

I've gotten really annoyingly positive in my old age. Oh well.

June. :(

[/B]

Yeah I'm very grateful and happy to have an acceptance, don't get me wrong. It's just you know cooper is right up there for me but I am glad that I am part of this incoming class.

I wish age brought me more positivity so far all I've got is gray hairs lol.

Whoa I didn't know schools started in June. Well -- not a whole lot you and I can do about our situation now. Just wait and hope for the best. But at least you know you're going to go somewhere this year! A lot of people don't have that luxury -- In fact, I was pretty much gearing up for the reapplication process.

I've gotten really annoyingly positive in my old age. Oh well.

Just kind of curious, for those who have been accepted to Cooper and plan to attend, what type of schools are you picking over Cooper. I'm in a similar situation (been accepted at Cooper as well as other schools), and I'm wondering if people are picking Cooper over other more established MD schools.

Just kind of curious, for those who have been accepted to Cooper and plan to attend, what type of schools are you picking over Cooper. I'm in a similar situation (been accepted at Cooper as well as other schools), and I'm wondering if people are picking Cooper over other more established MD schools.

This has been discussed a bit before. If you are on the Facebook group lets talk about it there. I'm sure it can help out some other folks as well. Dr. McGeehan should have sent you some instructions about how to get on there.

This has been discussed a bit before. If you are on the Facebook group lets talk about it there. I'm sure it can help out some other folks as well. Dr. McGeehan should have sent you some instructions about how to get on there.

How soon did you get these instructions? I haven't received anything yet.

Cooper was absolutely hands down AMAZING!!!!!! Waiting on pins and needles for a decision.

Speaking of Facebook group, Why is it running at a Snails pace. For example, I've asked to be included in the facebook group last week, as of today, I'm still waiting for acceptance into the group, despite being an accepted student. The people responsible for checking these request must be sleeping on the job or something.

Speaking of Facebook group, Why is it running at a Snails pace. For example, I've asked to be included in the facebook group last week, as of today, I'm still waiting for acceptance into the group, despite being an accepted student. The people responsible for checking these request must be sleeping on the job or something.

That person is me! :laugh:

The requests for last week have been submitted, just give it a bit and you should be authorized. :thumbup:

Received an e-mail last night that says to wait for a call today. Yea! This is my absolute second choice after my longshot first choice - super excited!! :D :D :D

Did everyone who was accepted receive an email the night before the phone call??

has anyone off of the regular wait list been accepted so far?

A couple of things sent in a newsletter by Dr. McGeehan himself:

".the last Interview Day is March 9"

and

."The majority of students accepted to medical schools have more than one acceptance and they can, and usually do, hold on to these until May 15th - the date when all applicants must narrow their choice to one school only. After that, and up until shortly before classes begin, some students may be accepted from a waitlist at another school and choose to go there. This will result in us pulling from our waitlist." The bottom line, according to Dr. McGeehan: "We won't know for certain who will be included in our first class until close to August 13th."

Accepted!!!! Just received the email and the phone call from Dr. McGeehan this morning!!

Can't wait to meet the other students in August!

A couple of things sent in a newsletter by Dr. McGeehan himself:

".the last Interview Day is March 9"

and

."The majority of students accepted to medical schools have more than one acceptance and they can, and usually do, hold on to these until May 15th - the date when all applicants must narrow their choice to one school only. After that, and up until shortly before classes begin, some students may be accepted from a waitlist at another school and choose to go there. This will result in us pulling from our waitlist." The bottom line, according to Dr. McGeehan: "We won't know for certain who will be included in our first class until close to August 13th."

Yikes, I would love a straight acceptance now as I'm sure others do. I fell in love with Cooper interview day, it falls in line with everything I look for in a medical school.

Accepted!!!! Just received the email and the phone call from Dr. McGeehan this morning!!

Congratulations!! When did you interview?

I think that the distribution looks something like this..

Of 300 people that interviewed..

30 acceptances
50 Priority wait lists
220 wait list

I havent seen any rejections as of yet.. and a plethora of priority wait lists.

30 acceptances
50 Priority wait lists
220 wait list

were you placed on the wait list?

30 acceptances
50 Priority wait lists
220 wait list

I have seen two rejections posted on here.

Yeah people are definitely being rejected.. most are either not on SDN or just not feeling that motivated to interact with the school specific page once they got the decision.

30 acceptances
50 Priority wait lists
220 wait list

Congrats talas! Yours was a straight up acceptance -- no waitlist, no nothin? Good work!

Congrats talas! Yours was a straight up acceptance -- no waitlist, no nothin? Good work!

Thank you! No waitlist for me, so surprised and can finally breathe a sigh of relief! It's my first acceptance this cycle, and probably will go there. :hardy:

Interviewed just last Friday.

Nope... maybe this is for people directly accepted (not off a waitlist)?

I interviewed 2/24 and was accepted 3/1. I had seen people talk about receiving an e-mail the night before in this thread so I was checking my inbox obsessively the night of 2/29, but the e-mail didn't come until around noon on 3/1. Ending up hearing the news by phone anyway because Dr. McGeehan called at right around the same time. Probably the best phone call I've ever received.

Anyways, I haven't received any info about the FB group yet either so I'm not sure when that happens.

Interviewing tomorrow morning...the last possible day. Wish me luck!

WOW, What an amazing school, my visit blew me away!!

Thanks for the well wishes...Now I just have to wait!

Decisions mailed today... Keeping fingers and toes crossed until Monday.

So I take it mailed decisions aren't a good sign when others have received emails and phone calls

Status
Not open for further replies.