2011-2012 Saint Louis University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Members don't see this ad.

I called this morning, wished em good luck with this week, and she definitely mentioned that at that moment they were getting withdrawals every TWO MINUTES, either from the accepted or alternate lists.

Excitement rising to dangerous levels. I prognosticate acceptingness in the near future...for someone anyway. Reading last year's thread, it seemed like Wednesdays were *the* day, but I can't tell if there will be a rhyme or reason the timing of alternate list acceptances this year.

That's what I like to hear! I hope it means good luck to all of us that are waiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance. It was a hard decision, but other school was the best fit for me. SLU is a GREAT school, so best of luck, everyone! Hope it goes to someone else interested in treating the underserved!

Just withdrew my acceptance! SLU is a great school and St. Louis is probably one of the most friendly cities I have ever been to. It was honestly a hard decision for me. However, I hope that one of you will get the spot!!!

Best wishes and best of luck!!

Withdrew my acceptance also. And as what was echoed earlier, SLU is truly a great school...I just wish it didn't cost so much.

Good luck to those still waiting!

Anyone hear any word yet? I was noticing the last couple of years that acceptances were often sent out on Wednesdays.

Congrats!!!

When did you get put on the waitlist??? Just trying to see if they go by date at all???

I interviewed on 2/27 and was wait-listed on 4/27. I am not sure if the date had to anything to do with it, but I hope that everyone else also gets good news soon!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah no problem. My stats were: OOS, cGPA: 3.88, sGPA: 3.84, 31S

Judging from last year's thread, it seems like they need at least 3 business days after the 15th. But of course, i hope the bulk is sent out tomorrow !

No word here yet, but I have a question for those currently in St. Louis.

I am considering an apartment in Tower Grove East, and was wondering if you could comment on the relative safety there vs. Soulard or Lafayette Square.

Thanks!

Edit: P.S. Yes, this means I am moving there without being accepted yet. Crazy? Maybe.

Last edited:

I am considering an apartment in Tower Grove East, and was wondering if you could comment on the relative safety there vs. Soulard or Lafayette Square.

Thanks!

Edit: P.S. Yes, this means I am moving there without being accepted yet. Crazy? Maybe.

All are fine areas.

Accepted today off the waitlist!

IS cGPA 3.86 sGPA 3.8 30Q

Thanks!

Tower Grove East is a popular area for students. It's about middle of the road safety wise and runs fairly cheap. Soulard tends to be a little noisier, and I feel less safe around the area, but there's a ton of night life. Lafayette Square tends to be more expensive, but it's a really nice area with lots of really nice apartments.

Tower Grove East is a popular area for students. It's about middle of the road safety wise and runs fairly cheap. Soulard tends to be a little noisier, and I feel less safe around the area, but there's a ton of night life. Lafayette Square tends to be more expensive, but it's a really nice area with lots of really nice apartments.
That's what I was thinking. I can't really afford Lafayette, and Tower Grove seems safe enough to me. One of my wife's (young) cousins got all antsy pantsy about Tower Grove being less safe than Soulard, and I was like, 'what?'

Thanks!

Hi folks,

I'm still looking for a place to live and for roommates as well. I would prefer Lafayette Square or Towers Grove. I'm a female, I'm pretty clean, and I cook and bake well. Anybody interested in finding somewhere to live together? You are welcome to PM me~!

Hi folks,

I'm still looking for a place to live and for roommates as well. I would prefer Lafayette Square or Towers Grove. I'm a female, I'm pretty clean, and I cook and bake well. Anybody interested in finding somewhere to live together? You are welcome to PM me~!
I'm not sure if the Facebook page for your class is up and running yet, but that's been the more popular way to find roommates the past few years (people use the housing website, but not as much since it's harder to investigate/creep on potential roommates). People usually start connecting April to July on there.

I'm not sure if the Facebook page for your class is up and running yet, but that's been the more popular way to find roommates the past few years (people use the housing website, but not as much since it's harder to investigate/creep on potential roommates). People usually start connecting April to July on there.

I also put my info on the roommate search google docs posted on Facebook. I'm just posting here just in case~

Do you guys think that the big bulk waitlist movement will happen right after Memorial Day weekend?

For people waiting on deposit refunds, I just got mine and it took about a month (date was marked 5/11 but I was out of town).

I just called the office they said the list is actively moving. Not exactly sure what that means.

Hopefully it means that they're giving out a ton of acceptances and receiving a ton of withdrawals! I wish they would actively accept us already :D

so much movement (apparently), yet such few acceptances on SDN o_O

So the SLU application site was pretty much inaccessible all day yesterday, I am guessing that was caused by the committee looking over the documents of the people on the alternate list. Have any of you guys seen any change on the website since your interview? I am guessing that maybe they changed some people's options but haven't sent out the email yet.

I have no changes, but some wishful thinking...

Here's to hoping they're preparing to send all of you acceptances!

Regarding housing...

It seems most people do not want to live in the downtown area...
anyone who have knowledge about the St Louis area have any advice?

I am from Saint Louis my whole life. Downtown isn't as bad as the hype. I wouldn't pass out with hundred dollar bills hanging out of your pockets or leave a Renoir in your passenger seat overnight, however. Be smart and you'll be fine. I have friends who live all over south city and wouldn't live anywhere else. Any particular questions, let me know.

Anyone have some info about the Salus Fitness Center? I heard it is on the med school campus...

Regarding housing...

It seems most people do not want to live in the downtown area...
anyone who have knowledge about the St Louis area have any advice?

Look at the SLU housing website for information on places to live. Typical options are CWE, South Grand / Tower Grove Park area, Wash Ave and Soulard. Not sure what you consider "downtown" but all options I listed are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.