2011-2012 Washington University in St. Louis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you find out the status of your application?

Members don't see this ad.

I was complete in August and still haven't head anything. Should I call the office to see what the status of my application is? My stats are above average, but not amazing like the bunch in this thread who I saw received acceptances. I figured I was passed over and would be reconsidered at the end of the cycle depending on how many people they accept. Does this sound about right?

I think I was in your position, but I got an interview invite this week, so I think they will be contacting more ppl like us soon. I would just wait a few more days and see what happens. I saw there were still a few days open in January, so I hope you get good news soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite! Stoked!

Does anyone have an approximate idea of the interview dates that will be covered in the next round of acceptances (which is supposedly a week from now)?

I have an interview coming up, and I was wondering what the best time to send an update to WUSL was.

should I send the update before my interview?

or do they accept updates at any time after an interview?

I know schools have different policies and I am not aware of WUs.

I sent mine about a week after my interview. That way, I was able to include how much I enjoyed the interview, how I loved the school, how I felt it was a great fit, etc. It was a combined update/interest letter. They told me they added it to my file.

I sent mine about a week after my interview. That way, I was able to include how much I enjoyed the interview, how I loved the school, how I felt it was a great fit, etc. It was a combined update/interest letter. They told me they added it to my file.

thanks! thats exactly what I was planning on doing, but I know some schools decide too soon after to include such a letter.

So does anyone know if any decisions are released this weekend? (Interviewed Nov. 1st)

So does anyone know if any decisions are released this weekend? (Interviewed Nov. 1st)

if our POM professor is to be believed, there's an adcom meeting today, so presumably decisions will be released Friday @ midnight (central time). that fits with last year's decision date as well.

I've been complete since early July...and no word. Sent an update letter a couple days ago.

Do you guys think there is still a chance of me getting an interview?

I've been complete since early July...and no word. Sent an update letter a couple days ago.

Do you guys think there is still a chance of me getting an interview?
I think so. Their interviews end late February and you usually get your invite a month prior to your interview date. So you can still get interview invite in January I believe. Though it does hurt your chance if your interview is very late (as with a lot of the schools).

Members don't see this ad :)
if our POM professor is to be believed, there's an adcom meeting today, so presumably decisions will be released Friday @ midnight (central time). that fits with last year's decision date as well.

Sounds good to me! Any idea what the "cutoff" interview dates would be for this batch? I interviewed a little before Thanksgiving.

With an acceptance to Baylor, you'd still choose this?

I love 'em both, and it would be a very tough choice. It's a choice I'd love to have the opportunity to make, though. I am stoked about the Baylor acceptance, and I'm very fortunate to have received it early on.

I love 'em both, and it would be a very tough choice. It's a choice I'd love to have the opportunity to make, though. I am stoked about the Baylor acceptance, and I'm very fortunate to have received it early on.

What would be your personal decision on wash u or vanderbilt. No need to answer if you don't feel comfortable/don't know, just thought it'd be interesting to hear an opinion.

Sounds good to me! Any idea what the "cutoff" interview dates would be for this batch? I interviewed a little before Thanksgiving.

No one really knows that. I mean, except the adcom. I'd say if you interviewed within 2 weeks of the decisions going out, you might not be included in their decision, but I really don't know. Just a guesstimate

I am so nervous right now. Interviewed Oct 31st :s

Patiently waiting for Friday mid-night.....

What would be your personal decision on wash u or vanderbilt. No need to answer if you don't feel comfortable/don't know, just thought it'd be interesting to hear an opinion.

Not sure about this one either. Though I did feel like I clicked a bit better at Wash U than Vandy. I think my "fit" was best at Baylor and Wash U, though Vandy appealed to me for many of the same reasons as the others.

Unsolicited advice from a med student... when you are picking schools, go where you think you'll be happiest. There's a lot of different things that med schools emphasize (curriculum, small groups, hospital time, grades, research, etc.), but above all, being happy is what's the most important. A lot of people see medical school as a means to an end, but it is 4 years of your life, and you can't just pause your life. You need to be able to have a life outside of school and just be happy.

Unsolicited advice from a med student... when you are picking schools, go where you think you'll be happiest. There's a lot of different things that med schools emphasize (curriculum, small groups, hospital time, grades, research, etc.), but above all, being happy is what's the most important. A lot of people see medical school as a means to an end, but it is 4 years of your life, and you can't just pause your life. You need to be able to have a life outside of school and just be happy.

Compared to Baton Rouge, is the weather bearable up there?

nothing on my page, interviewed 11/28, so i'm not sure if they even got to me

ACCEPTED! I'm so excited!!! I love Wash U!

For those who haven't heard anything, keep your hopes up, it's not over yet :luck:

ACCEPTED! I'm so excited!!! I love Wash U!

For those who haven't heard anything, keep your hopes up, it's not over yet :luck:

First of all, congrats!! Did you get a status update or an email? Or both? And when did you interview?

First of all, congrats!! Did you get a status update or an email? Or both? And when did you interview?
Thanks! It's just a status update right when you log in to your application page. From what I understand, they send letters or emails later. I interviewed the week of Nov 14th.

Also heard an acceptance yesterday! I have not checked my status, but I got an email yesterday afternoon from my interviewer congratulating me. I interviewed somewhere around November 18th I think.

Best of luck guys!

No email, no status change, mid October interview.:(

Accepted, interviewed 10/3. SO excited :D Best of luck to everyone!!

Don't give up until March! :) It seems like they're actively considering everyone.

No change on my status page. Interviewed right before Thanksgiving.

If your status hasn't already changed, you're unlikely to hear anything until the next decision date, right? I shouldn't keep obsessively checking the page every day hoping they just took a while to update it... right?

And congrats to those who got the good news. Hoping I'll join your ranks someday soon. :xf:

Compared to Baton Rouge, is the weather bearable up there?

It does get colder here, obviously, but it's really not that terrible. Last year was one of the coldest winters they've had here and I still survived. There was a lot of snow and that sucked. It also sucked having it not get warmish until March, but it could have been much worse and I live so close to school that it's not really a big deal. This year hasn't been that cold at all. It flurried one day but no real snow yet. There was one day last week where it was like 60. But I'm not gonna lie, BR weather > StL weather, and I'm happy to be going home tomorrow where I can wear a t-shirt and shorts on Christmas.

Also, I love your username! Geaux Tigers!!!!

No change on my status page. Interviewed right before Thanksgiving.

If your status hasn't already changed, you're unlikely to hear anything until the next decision date, right? I shouldn't keep obsessively checking the page every day hoping they just took a while to update it... right?

And congrats to those who got the good news. Hoping I'll join your ranks someday soon. :xf:

Right. You're not gonna hear anything unless it's decision date time, or you're pre-interview. I think pre-interview rejections go out sometime in January.

This may seem like a stupid question, but do they need the Dean's Certification to review your application for an interview invite? I ask because I just checked my status and apparently they haven't received the Dean's Cert from my school yet, even though I gave the form to my school more than a month ago. Should I follow up on this, or just wait to see if I get an interview invite first?

Not having the dean's certification won't prevent you from getting an interview invite, but it will prevent them from making a final decision on your application post-interview.

Does anyone know what the "visiting arrangements" page is supposed to look like once they expect you to schedule an interview?

When I click on a date it turns green, but there's no confirmation of my selection.

It almost seems like there are no "available dates"... has anyone encountered this?

Does anyone know what the "visiting arrangements" page is supposed to look like once they expect you to schedule an interview?

When I click on a date it turns green, but there's no confirmation of my selection.

It almost seems like there are no "available dates"... has anyone encountered this?

Having the same issue here. I am probably going to call them in the morning to set something up.

Status
Not open for further replies.