2012-2013 Cornell University (Weill) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but does Cornell have a program that lets applicants stay with students before their interview?

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but does Cornell have a program that lets applicants stay with students before their interview?
Sort of - send an email to the admissions office and they will try to solicit a host for you.

II! OOS, 3.4/3.5 cum/sciGPA, 34S, URM, complete mid-August.

So excite!

Just got an invite! Complete 9/4/12, OOS. Also, I sent an in the area email and Cornell responded with an invite 6 days later. It seems like they're pretty receptive to them.

Just got an invite! Complete 9/4/12, OOS. Also, I sent an in the area email and Cornell responded with an invite 6 days later. It seems like they're pretty receptive to them.

I also sent an in-area email a couple weeks ago. They didn't offer those dates, but rather earlier ones. Just sent them another email so hopefully they can accommodate.

When's yours?

I also sent an in-area email a couple weeks ago. They didn't offer those dates, but rather earlier ones. Just sent them another email so hopefully they can accommodate.

When's yours?

Haha, the ones they offered me were all after the date I requested. I think I'm going to send them an email as well to see if they'll let me switch. Congrats on your invite, by the way!

Would anyone mind sharing their interview experiences here? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite today! Complete early July, so excited!! :D

Just rejected (via email). See MDApps for Stats. Was complete on 7/7. Ahh well, Cornell was quite a reach for me. Good luck to everyone else! :)

+1, a reach school for me as well. Complete 8/13. Good luck everyone else :)

To those who got rejected, did everyone's email come out at the same time? I'm nervously checking my inbox.

To those who got rejected, did everyone's email come out at the same time? I'm nervously checking my inbox.
Not sure about everyone else but my rejection arrived at 12:03 P.M EST.

Haha I'm doing the exact same thing...

I'm hoping we escaped this round of rejections, but nervous.

Haha I'm doing the exact same thing...

I'm hoping we escaped this round of rejections, but nervous.

I got hit by the UPitt and Brown reject waves, so I was surprised to see my normal inbox today haha.

to those who were rejected, sorry to hear that.......what were your stats if you don't mind

email or status update?

two straight days of rejections!?

I'm thankfully still alive here. best of luck to you guys on your other apps!

omgosh, I didn't know Cornell sent out so many interview invites already!

I was completed in late august due to Cornell's slow HCEC letter writing process.... I hope they can understand and don't hold that against me....

I really want to go here, please give me an interview!

omgosh, I didn't know Cornell sent out so many interview invites already!

I was completed in late august due to Cornell's slow HCEC letter writing process.... I hope they can understand and don't hold that against me....

I really want to go here, please give me an interview!

Cornell has non-rolling admissions. So it won't matter when you interview and everything. Just hope to get one obviously. I'm holding out for one too. This is one of my top 3 choices. I escaped without a rejection this round (I think?) but we'll see.

:( Rejection today. Complete 9/18.
OOS; 3.55 GPA & sGPA; 36M

I literally want to cry....rejected. 10/2

Sent from my Dell Streak using SDN Mobile

I literally want to cry....rejected. 10/2

When were you complete? I feel like Cornell is moving backwards, rejecting the people that were most recently completed.

When were you complete? I feel like Cornell is moving backwards, rejecting the people that were most recently completed.

my stats really do suck compared to you people, (I'm in-state)...32, 3.4 s and 3.5c, SMP 3.7 and some decent ECs

I've been complete since 8/8ish...is there any hope or are they just toying with my emotions?

good luck to those in the running

Complete 7/30.
Sigh....international student though, so I guess it was expected...

Has anyone who was completed around the end of August been rejected yet? This is making me so anxious!

Last edited:
Make some room on the rejection train, because i just got my ticket.

Is this the train you're talking about, because I too just got my ticket! :)

failtrain.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.