2012-2013 Washington University in St. Louis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I submitted June 30th, and still no completion. Everything should be in save for the Dean's Cert - keep waiting or give 'em a call?

Edit: Nevermind, I see others still incomplete that submitted a day or two after me. I previously only saw the comments of people having submitted 7/7 and being complete a few days ago.

I had been incomplete for quite sometime and then I emailed them and found out one of my references had not put their reference letter on "letter-head" and that was actually what was holding my application up from completion... just in case anyone else runs into this issue!

Members don't see this ad.

I had been incomplete for quite sometime and then I emailed them and found out one of my references had not put their reference letter on "letter-head" and that was actually what was holding my application up from completion... just in case anyone else runs into this issue!

I've been incomplete for about a week now. I'm not going to email yet but if it gets to around August I certainly will.

They don't send an email out for this kind of thing? That's dirty.

I've been incomplete for about a week now. I'm not going to email yet but if it gets to around August I certainly will.

They don't send an email out for this kind of thing? That's dirty.

It's WUSTL. They can do whatever they want, unfortunately :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any current students know of Dr. Gerald Dorn and of his role in the medical school?

Not sure if anyone has any insight into this, but I'm trying to figure out which math courses to list. I've taken ~12 of them, most of them involving calculus. Should I list the most practical ones, the ones I did best in, the last ones I took, the first ones I took, or something else? I'm thinking of listing applied PDEs, Applied (Complex) Analysis, and I'm not sure what else (maybe Calc I, II, or the combined III/IV I was suckered into taking) Thx for any info!

For those of you curious, I got my complete email today. They seem to be pretty slow at this, considering everything was in two weeks ago. Dean's letter is definitely not required.

Not sure if anyone has any insight into this, but I'm trying to figure out which math courses to list. I've taken ~12 of them, most of them involving calculus. Should I list the most practical ones, the ones I did best in, the last ones I took, the first ones I took, or something else? I'm thinking of listing applied PDEs, Applied (Complex) Analysis, and I'm not sure what else (maybe Calc I, II, or the combined III/IV I was suckered into taking) Thx for any info!

Put in whatever course you feel like, as long as the material covered what is asked for.

Honestly, they don't seem to look into course requirements that much until you're actually matriculating.

Decided to check my status today and I am complete. No "complete" email though.

Just
According to our records and procedures your file is Complete.

on their status page.

I submitted my secondary app pretty early and was waiting for my rec letters and Dean's Certifications to come in. AMCAS notified me that they received the letters, but WashU didn't update my Application Status page, even for the ones submitted before I turned in my secondary. After a lot of waiting around, I finally just contacted them. Turns out they received my rec letters and certification but didn't update my file. So the ADCOM could have started on my file three weeks earlier if they were on top of things! Make sure you get in touch with them if you think this is happening to you!

Recently received a letter from the Admissions Committee and realized the great opportunities here and decided to apply, thought I'd give this thread a little love since it's been a while since a posting. Hopefully they begin handing out II soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I do. He's the director of the center my lab is in.

If I had your stats I would leave my mdapps on my SDN profile a year after matriculating too :thumbup:

Last year the first invites came out around 9/6 via a status page change (no email), so maybe this coming week they'll start!

I am unable to submit my secondaries here because the program keeps saying "The following items must be entered prior to Submission:
Research Mentor contact information" (I am applying MSTP).....Did someone else also have similar problems? They have space for 5 recommenders but I have only 4...so, for the last one (the admissions office) said to put in just dashes and fake numbers....but still not working!

Could it be that the program doesn't recognize a UK email address, with a @ox.ac.uk?

I am unable to submit my secondaries here because the program keeps saying "The following items must be entered prior to Submission:
Research Mentor contact information" (I am applying MSTP).....Did someone else also have similar problems? They have space for 5 recommenders but I have only 4...so, for the last one (the admissions office) said to put in just dashes and fake numbers....but still not working!

Could it be that the program doesn't recognize a UK email address, with a @ox.ac.uk?

Could be. Put a fake email and then send them an update.

regular MD interview invite! got it today via email, complete mid-July

regular MD interview invite! got it today via email, complete mid-July

Yay! Me too, complete early-July. Does anyone know if Wash U is generally fast about getting back to applicants after an interview? I have a lot going on in the 2 weeks they made available to me, so I was going to ask for a later date... unless they are known to have a fast turnaround, in which case I would suck it up and go on the very first day available to me!

I think that the earliest date that medical schools give decisions to students is 10/15, and for some reason i remember hearing that WUSTL starts releasing acceptances in mid-November.

Congrats on the interview invites!

Yay! Me too, complete early-July. Does anyone know if Wash U is generally fast about getting back to applicants after an interview? I have a lot going on in the 2 weeks they made available to me, so I was going to ask for a later date... unless they are known to have a fast turnaround, in which case I would suck it up and go on the very first day available to me!

They take about 6 weeks.

Got an interview invite yesterday! I was complete August 28 :D

I got my secondary too in the email but I am not yet AMCAS verified. I subsequently got a letter in the mail with information on how to submit my secondary. Did anyone get mail in addition to email.

I got my secondary too in the email but I am not yet AMCAS verified. I subsequently got a letter in the mail with information on how to submit my secondary. Did anyone get mail in addition to email.

I got mail too, I think that's just their standard practice.

On the other hand, I've been complete since 8/15 and my status is just 'complete', not even under review yet. :shrug:

I got mail too, I think that's just their standard practice.

On the other hand, I've been complete since 8/15 and my status is just 'complete', not even under review yet. :shrug:

Same here, complete since Aug 18th.

I was complete and under-review Aug 21st and still haven't heard anything. Think I'm on hold or something?

I've been complete since 7/26 and I haven't heard anything either.

I've been complete since 7/26 and I haven't heard anything either.

Scratch that. Just received an invitation to interview! No email; just a status page update. I'll be there 10/16.

Interview Invite! So excited, had to call to schedule, 10/22!

My status page only says my file is complete. Should it say complete and under review?

Interview invite today too, no email, checked status.

Interview invite! First of the season. :D Complete 8/15.

Status
Not open for further replies.