2017-2018 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejection email today. Interviewed 11/31. 3.4 GPA, 497 MCAT, lots of experience. Have another acceptance so all is well. Good luck to all other interviewees, applicants, and those accepted!
Hi, if you don't mind me asking - what time did you receive your email? I'm anxiously checking mine now that I see people on my interview date/people after my interview date are receiving decisions & I haven't received anything thus far

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
MCAT=500
cGPA=3.54
sGPA=3.42
My GPAs were 3.7+, but we have the same MCAT score, and I got rejected as well. It felt bad because I was so pumped to get accepted and go there as they have mission trips to my country (Haiti) sometimes, and thought this was going to be a great step towards my goals. Oh well... I'm not going to dwell on this though, got some more interviews coming, and still waiting on others.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

What are the best living arrangements for CUSOM? My girlfriend and I are about to start looking for apartments near campus. I heard it's about 50/50 between Lillington and Fuquay, but am curious to hear anyone's opinion. Are there any specific apartment complexes or neighborhoods with a good number of other medical students or is everyone pretty scattered?

I also have questions about living arrangements. Do students live together and is there a way to get matched up to other students needing roommates? I want to start looking and hope find a roommate; preferably another student so that our schedules are similar/carpooling is an option.

What are the best living arrangements for CUSOM? My girlfriend and I are about to start looking for apartments near campus. I heard it's about 50/50 between Lillington and Fuquay, but am curious to hear anyone's opinion. Are there any specific apartment complexes or neighborhoods with a good number of other medical students or is everyone pretty scattered?
depends on whether you will want to drive 20minutes each way to be near "civilization"

I also have questions about living arrangements. Do students live together and is there a way to get matched up to other students needing roommates? I want to start looking and hope find a roommate; preferably another student so that our schedules are similar/carpooling is an option.
class facebook page, a number of apartment complexes have multiple students in them

Are any days of the week less intensive than others? Like maybe out early on Fridays?

Also, do the study periods required that you stay on campus to study or if it's long enough you're allowed to leave and come back for class?

Just put down my deposit this morning and turned down my other two acceptances! So excited about this school!

Reactions: 2 users
has anyone who interviewed the second week of November heard back yet? Also is there a certain day of the week that CUSOM sends out acceptances (based on past posts it seemed pretty random to me).

has anyone who interviewed the second week of November heard back yet? Also is there a certain day of the week that CUSOM sends out acceptances (based on past posts it seemed pretty random to me).
I interviewed 11/7 still waiting on an answer hopefully this week

Members don't see this ad :)
At the interview on Monday they said they are currently at 4-6 weeks during this part of the application cycle. So hang tight! I bet you guys will find out really soon! :)

Still no word from 11/6... I have other deadlines due tomorrow so I'm hoping they say something soon.

I was rejected last Wednesday. Interviewes Nov. 7. Tbh the only reason I wanted to go to CUSOM was because of location, being closer to my SO. Other than that, I honestly didn't enjoy my interview day like I did at ACOM. Very nice school, but the faculty weren't all that friendly with about 2 exceptions. Anyway, my resentment is showing, so congratulations to those matriculating here in the fall! You really will get a solid education in an awesome facility.

Was accepted today!! Interviewed 11/6

Reactions: 1 users
I was rejected last Wednesday. Interviewes Nov. 7. Tbh the only reason I wanted to go to CUSOM was because of location, being closer to my SO. Other than that, I honestly didn't enjoy my interview day like I did at ACOM. Very nice school, but the faculty weren't all that friendly with about 2 exceptions. Anyway, my resentment is showing, so congratulations to those matriculating here in the fall! You really will get a solid education in an awesome facility.
You're not the only one that felt that way. Three things concerned me about this school when I interviewed which changed my decision later. I felt that the administration was much more controlling and unapproachable. The students seemed very stressed and they kept giving us weird looks during the tour, which I found very odd. The thing that really annoyed me was the student ambassadors and how untruthful they were. I asked multiple questions about attendance, fourth year availability of audition rotations, and time available to interview, and they kept making it seem like I was the odd one, and mandatory attendance has no negative impact on students. One student ambassador even went to the point of comparing Campbell to their neighbors UNC, and Duke. I mean, I get it, your job is to represent the school proudly, but I felt that they weren't honest.
Compared to 2 other schools I interviewed at which both had mandatory attendance and a mild dress code, the student ambassadors stated clearly that it sucked, and they are trying the best they can to change it. So they didn't try to paint a jolly happy environment. However, this school must be doing things the right way as their scores show that, so whoever goes here will get a solid education, if they can bypass all the issues above.

You're not the only one that felt that way. Three things concerned me about this school when I interviewed which changed my decision later. I felt that the administration was much more controlling and unapproachable. The students seemed very stressed and they kept giving us weird looks during the tour, which I found very odd. The thing that really annoyed me was the student ambassadors and how untruthful they were. I asked multiple questions about attendance, fourth year availability of audition rotations, and time available to interview, and they kept making it seem like I was the odd one, and mandatory attendance has no negative impact on students. One student ambassador even went to the point of comparing Campbell to their neighbors UNC, and Duke. I mean, I get it, your job is to represent the school proudly, but I felt that they weren't honest.
Compared to 2 other schools I interviewed at which both had mandatory attendance and a mild dress code, the student ambassadors stated clearly that it sucked, and they are trying the best they can to change it. So they didn't try to paint a jolly happy environment. However, this school must be doing things the right way as their scores show that, so whoever goes here will get a solid education, if they can bypass all the issues above.
My experience was the opposite. The M1 and M2 students were pretty straight forward about the quirks and how it is in the middle of nowhere and even the staff admits that it's a benefit to having a focused environment and the dress code was also mentioned. Granted in a positive light but they did say it didn't bother them much. Every school is selling themselves so that I understood. And yes their scores speak for themselves. I think everyone's experience is different depending on who was involved on your interview day

Are any days of the week less intensive than others? Like maybe out early on Fridays?

Also, do the study periods required that you stay on campus to study or if it's long enough you're allowed to leave and come back for class?
friday usually lets out around noon, you do not have to stay on campus during "study periods"

Accepted this morning via email. Thinking about turning it down but excited that I actually got an acceptance.
Interviewed 11/6

Reactions: 1 users
What would you do to cancel a seat reservation for another school if you were just accepted into CUSOM? I had to matriculate into one school since the deadline for that school was December 14th, but then CUSOM sent me an acceptance email on the morning of December 15th. :/

Interviewed on 11/6
Accepted by e-mail on 12/15
Anyone else from this interview accepted and taking it? Just wondering if I remember talking to you.

What would you do to cancel a seat reservation for another school if you were just accepted into CUSOM? I had to matriculate into one school since the deadline for that school was December 14th, but then CUSOM sent me an acceptance email on the morning of December 15th. :/

I would just contact the admissions office of the other school and just let them know you would like to give up your seat. Unfortunately you will almost certainly have to give up your deposit. I had to do the same thing as well and I'm now debating whether I want to give up my seat and forfeit my deposit, or just stick with my original acceptance. Decisions, decisions...

Hi Everyone,

I interviewed the week of the 13/14 and I called last Friday regarding the time of decisions for my week because of the holidays. Sorry to disappoint you if you're like me and wanting to hear this week or next, but they're taking 2 weeks off for the holidays and we will not hear back till the week of the 2nd of January. Having to put down a deposit elsewhere sucks when this is my top choice by far.

Declined my acceptance here. This is a great school and I hope someone who really loves the school and wishes to attend gets an acceptance email in the coming days. Good luck!
EDIT: Their response to my email declining my acceptance was extremely polite too.

Last edited:
I interviewed on November 14th and was waitlisted in an email at about 2pm Central time today because of lack of available seats. They said the waitlist moves fast, but has anyone else from that date heard back with something different? Anyone know how common it is for people to move off the waitlist? Blessings and love to everyone still waiting!!

Hi Everyone,

I interviewed the week of the 13/14 and I called last Friday regarding the time of decisions for my week because of the holidays. Sorry to disappoint you if you're like me and wanting to hear this week or next, but they're taking 2 weeks off for the holidays and we will not hear back till the week of the 2nd of January. Having to put down a deposit elsewhere sucks when this is my top choice by far.
Did you get a waitlist email?

I interviewed on November 14th and was waitlisted in an email at about 2pm Central time today because of lack of available seats. They said the waitlist moves fast, but has anyone else from that date heard back with something different? Anyone know how common it is for people to move off the waitlist? Blessings and love to everyone still waiting!!
I interviewed that same week (Nov 13/14) and got the waitlist e-mail too.

I got a waitlist email too and I interviewed Dec 5th. Wasn't expecting a response until early January. Pretty bummed since I was really looking forward to this school. Anyone after the Nov 14th group get a response or acceptance?

FYI Amcas runs criminal background checks and other matriculation paperwork in Jan. I imagine a lot of spots will open up in Jan when md paperwork is finished being processed.

Waitlist and interviewed Nov. 13/14. A bit bummed because I really enjoyed my time during the interview, but I hope seats starts opening up soon!

Anyone have access to their residency match list that they can post?

Waitlist and interviewed Nov. 13/14. A bit bummed because I really enjoyed my time during the interview, but I hope seats starts opening up soon!

I'll be giving up my seat officially next week so there's at least one more for ya!

I've posted it on this thread before. Look back for it.

Hey guys random question, I am scheduled for an interview in two weeks and I wanted to look over my secondary again as a refresher but for some reason I cannot access it through the email they originally sent. Anybody have any workarounds? Thanks

Hey guys random question, I am scheduled for an interview in two weeks and I wanted to look over my secondary again as a refresher but for some reason I cannot access it through the email they originally sent. Anybody have any workarounds? Thanks
Unless you retained a copy (screentshot/print) before submitting it then you cant access it again.

When they sent me a complete email, a copy of the secondary email was attached as a pdf.

II offer 01/02. Complete 09/14. Declining interview.

II today, available dates from next week to early February.
Does anyone know whether seats have been filled?
Whether the future interviews are for waiting list.

Last edited:
Do you guys think it's too late to apply to this school? I haven't heard of it until recently, but from what I am seeing online I wish I had! I sent a majority of my apps 4-7 weeks ago and wasn't planning to add any schools this late in the game but am impressed by this school. It seems they've been so quick about II I wonder if I'm too late :/

I submitted here very late! 11/9 I believe I submitted my secondary and now have an interview scheduled for 1/16. I hope you did apply because it is never too late!

II today, available dates from next week to early February.
Does anyone know whether seats have been filled?
Whether the future interviews are for waiting list.
I interviewed 11/14 and was part of the first batch of wait list emails. Everyone else I've chatted with on here seems to think that the remaining interviews would be for waiting list spots, but I'm not sure if they reserve some additional seats for people they really like.

I submitted here very late! 11/9 I believe I submitted my secondary and now have an interview scheduled for 1/16. I hope you did apply because it is never too late!
Thank you! Haha I did end up applying and they rejected me super fast because "one of my subsections was below 42%."

Has anyone ever tried to get an uber from the airport to lillington?

From the airport you could find an uber easily, but you probably won't find one down by the school to get to the school or to get back to the airport...and it would be rather expensive. Best bet would be to rent a car.