2017-2018 Geisel School of Medicine (Dartmouth)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also just got waitlisted!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Here’s hoping for significant movement off the WL

According to MSAR they typically waitlist 10-30 and accept around 32 of those waitlisted. Not sure how accurate this is, but the email made it sound like there is significant waitlist movement.

Reactions: 2 users
Here’s hoping for significant movement off the WL
Yep I’m right there with you dude! May Dartmouth take all of us. welcome to club WL at the Geisel school of witchcraft and wizardry I hope we all get at least one acceptance.

Reactions: 4 users
According to MSAR they typically waitlist 10-30 and accept around 32 of those waitlisted. Not sure how accurate this is, but the email made it sound like there is significant waitlist movement.

Waitlisted! Interviewed early March.

I’m not sure how accurate the MSAR is or how much movement they really have because so many of us from SDN have been put on the WL. I’m sure there’s already more than 32. Oh well at least this makes it easier for me to choose one school and then just stay on waitlists.

Reactions: 1 users
At Club Waitlist, they will teach you how to bottle anxiety, brew stress-related health problems, and even put a stopper on happiness.

Reactions: 7 users
I am super late to this realization, but omg you have to pay for access to the MSAR?! How.... why.....WHAT

I am super late to this realization, but omg you have to pay for access to the MSAR?! How.... why.....WHAT
The worst is when your access expires and you are left with so many unknowns after having had so much information... :(

Reactions: 3 users
OMG!! The guy who interviewed me just reached out to me by e-mail! I sent my thank you letter to the admissions office, so I don't know how he got my email. He brought up some stuff we talked about during our interview and said that he really hopes I choose Geisel. I absolutely LOVED him during the interview, and I'm just so honored/starstruck that he ACTUALLY remembers me!! Is this common practice? Either way, I think it really shows how welcoming and supportive (and just how overall wonderful) the faculty at Dartmouth are!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 13 users
OMG!! The guy who interviewed me just reached out to me by e-mail! I sent my thank you letter to the admissions office, so I don't know how he got my email. He brought up some stuff we talked about during our interview and said that he really hopes I choose Geisel. I absolutely LOVED him during the interview, and I'm just so honored/starstruck that he ACTUALLY remembers me!! Is this common practice? Either way, I think it really shows how welcoming and supportive (and just how overall wonderful) the faculty at Dartmouth are!

I know one of my friends who got accepted back in November got something similar from her student interviewer. Not sure how often this happens. They definetly personalize it for sure though!

Members don't see this ad :)
That’s a smart way to get students to pick Dartmouth. Too bad none of my interviewers ever loved me like that :(

Dropping my acceptance here. Hope it goes to one of you fine people waiting!!

Mine sent one as well, it was great

Reactions: 3 users
I'm at the point where I've given up hope of any positive news, having heard nothing.

Hi all,
Did anyone receive their financial aid package yet? What do you think about it? I feel mine is not very reflective of my parent't income level.

Hi all,
Did anyone receive their financial aid package yet? What do you think about it? I feel mine is not very reflective of my parent't income level.

No one ever feels their aid is representative of their parents income level... they are usually wrong (the person not the aid they were offered).

Does anyone have a visual representation of the curriculum on hand? I remember seeing this on Interview Day but couldn't spot it on the website. Also, how was Second Look Day?

Does anyone have a visual representation of the curriculum on hand? I remember seeing this on Interview Day but couldn't spot it on the website. Also, how was Second Look Day?
I know there is one somewhere. I saw it on interview day as well as second look weekend. If you really want it, I'm sure they'll send it to you if you e-mail them. Second look was amazing/very informative! Everybody was super nice/welcoming. I attached a schedule below for those who couldn't make it/can try to answer specific questions!

Attachments

• Visiting Days 2018 - Schedule of Events.pdf
    139.7 KB · Views: 131
I'm at the point where I've given up hope of any positive news, having heard nothing.

If I had a Dec interview and have heard back nothing post interview, do you think that it is time to email the admissions office to confirm a waitlist? it seems very unusual that I have heard nothing back at this point and after 2nd look.

If I had a Dec interview and have heard back nothing post interview, do you think that it is time to email the admissions office to confirm a waitlist? it seems very unusual that I have heard nothing back at this point and after 2nd look.

I interviewed mid March and they told us that we would hear back latest by mid April ( I still have not heard back). I expect that all decisions will be out in the next day or two.

I thought that by today we would hear back :(
Whaddup post II silence squad, its getting rough out here...

Just got rejection email. Good luck to those still waiting to hear back and to those starting next year!

My roommate was on the admissions committee during his second year. When the students he interviewed and were accepted started MS1, he invited them all over for a nice brunch that he put together / introduced them to a few of our roommates who were 3rd years at the time.

Has anybody heard anything about immunizations/anything else we have to do pre-matriculation?

Does anyone know if those of us on the waitlist are supposed to get the Certiphi email (assuming no acceptances/waitlists anywhere else) or if it only happens after an acceptance? Thought I remember reading somewhere that they do it for waitlisted applicants but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know if those of us on the waitlist are supposed to get the Certiphi email (assuming no acceptances/waitlists anywhere else) or if it only happens after an acceptance? Thought I remember reading somewhere that they do it for waitlisted applicants but I'm not sure.
I think you should be expecting one soon. The email I got from Certiphi says it's for those who have been waitlisted or accepted.

Hi y'all! I'm new to SDN and was waitlisted at Dartmouth. I am OS and my Lizzy M score is 69. I haven't received an acceptance anywhere yet so I'm pretty nervous. I had a lot of serious family stuff going on earlier so my apps were in later

Hi y'all! I'm new to SDN and was waitlisted at Dartmouth. I am OS and my Lizzy M score is 69. I haven't received an acceptance anywhere yet so I'm pretty nervous. I had a lot of serious family stuff going on earlier so my apps were in later
Right there with you! No acceptances yet either I hope we both get good news soon!!! Also that’s a great username

Reactions: 2 users
Hey friends, sorry it took so long but I just withdrew. You are all great and will be killer doctors one day (killer might be poor word choice lol)!! See you guys in residency

Reactions: 14 users
Just withdrew! Good luck to everyone on the WL!!!

Withdrew my acceptance from here. So bittersweet, its a great school and good luck to one of you amazing WLs!

Hi all! I'm sorry if this has been asked before -- is there a facebook page for accepted students? Can't wait to meet you all!! Congratulations to all those accepted and best of luck to all those waitlisted. My fingers are crossed for you :)

Hey guys, I took a bit of a needed SDN break after I got waitlisted here. Any news on the waiting list/when it usually starts moving?

The email said the committee would meet again in mid-May so that is the earliest we could hear

Did anybody get anything after May 1st to confirm that you’ve decided to attend? I haven’t gotten an email from them in weeks and am afraid that I might have done something stupid (like forget to accept the offer).

Did anybody get anything after May 1st to confirm that you’ve decided to attend? I haven’t gotten an email from them in weeks and am afraid that I might have done something stupid (like forget to accept the offer).

The last thing I got from admissions was the Admitted Student Materials email on April 26. I got my FinAid on May 1. Nothing since then. If you emailed them back your form, I think you're just being paranoid ;)