2017-2018 Geisel School of Medicine (Dartmouth)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
YES YES YES! Omg. You're the first one on here to catch that and say something!
As soon as I saw your name I was like omg kindred spirit. Hey, maybe we'll end up at school together and be able to have listening parties!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
As soon as I saw your name I was like omg kindred spirit. Hey, maybe we'll end up at school together and be able to have listening parties!
Probably not. :laugh::laugh: Okay, bye!!

P.S. I'm bored

Omg that makes me so happy! That would be so awesome! I may have done a little creeping and I think we've both posted in Tulane and here. Maybe we will end up at the same place. Yay MFM de-stressing self care parties! :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I got rejected a few hours after I sent an update. Wonder if it was coincidence or an issue with the update. Are they receptive to asking for feedback?

Rejected, but not too down about it! Complete in early August. I also sent them an update recently, but I highly doubt it swayed their decision. Maybe it just made them remember your app. Don't know about asking for feedback, because they sound like a really busy committee and may not respond back quickly

Edit: Ouch, guess a lot of other people got axed today too! I do appreciate them being upfront. Good luck to those still in the running!

Last edited:
Rejected, but not too down about it! Complete in early August. I also sent them an update recently, but I highly doubt it swayed their decision. Maybe it just made them remember your app. Don't know about asking for feedback, because they sound like a really busy committee and may not respond back quickly

Rejected, complete 8/25.
Good luck to the rest of you!

What were your guys stats if you don't mind sharing? I was complete on 7/31 and haven't heard anything still idk what order they go in but I'm semi-non trad with high MCAT low GPA w/ very high upward trend

What were your guys stats if you don't mind sharing? I was complete on 7/31 and haven't heard anything still idk what order they go in but I'm semi-non trad with high MCAT low GPA w/ very high upward trend

Been complete since early July and still nothing, either.

Reactions: 4 users

We don't know what happens behind the closed doors. Many schools don't respond in order of complete date, though. I heard you should be concerned with silence only once Thanksgiving rolls around

Last edited:
Rejected today as well but soon after got an invite to Sinai so I can't complain! Best of luck to those still in the running. I was complete mid august

Complete 8/8, LM ~69, ultra nontrad, no response yet.
Good luck to everyone with IIs!

Reactions: 1 users
Do all of these things in like a one page PDF warrant an update?
  • Accepted book chapter to be published
  • Enrolled in a 4 credit course for the fall semester (I work full time)
  • First author poster presentation at the hospital I work at (I know not national conference or anything but its top 5 hospital if that makes any difference)
  • Would update more on my volunteering stuff

Or should I wait a little longer?

Complete 7/11. Still no news. I seem to be finding myself in the not rejected by not interviewed at several schools so hoping that bodes well for something!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 7/11. Still no news. I seem to be finding myself in the not rejected by not interviewed at several schools so hoping that bodes well for something!

Same here! -fingers crossed-

Does anyone know where we are supposed to send updates (if the school even accepts them?)

Do all of these things in like a one page PDF warrant an update?
  • Accepted book chapter to be published
  • Enrolled in a 4 credit course for the fall semester (I work full time)
  • First author poster presentation at the hospital I work at (I know not national conference or anything but its top 5 hospital if that makes any difference)
  • Would update more on my volunteering stuff

Or should I wait a little longer?

-Depends, what book? More importantly, is this relevant to your application, or is it just something new but unrelated?
-No
-No
-No, unless you began a new volunteer position that was significant.

-Depends, what book? More importantly, is this relevant to your application, or is it just something new but unrelated?
-No
-No
-No, unless you began a new volunteer position that was significant.

It's a book of review articles from an international conference related to exercise and metabolism. I am second author on the review article. Each presenter at the conference was asked to write a review article related to their presentation, but it's not a "proceedings of conferee xyz" per se and it's edited by the company Springer.

My app is very research heavy, with one first author pub, 4 national/international abstracts, 3 different labs and ~3500hrs. At this point idk if this would even do much to be honest so I don't even think I should bother

Rejected this morning! Have fun y'all!

Is it too late to submit a secondary here? I have been waiting for my second MCAT score to be released which comes out on Sep 26th.

hey everyone, I received an II this afternoon. It's a long and tiring journey for me to fly into New England because of where I live, so I'm thinking of sticking around the Hanover and/or greater New Hampshire area for more than just a day or two. I'm wondering if anyone else opted for staying more than one or two nights in Hanover. Any advice on where to stay, things to do in the area, opportunities to meet current students on the Friday after the Thursday interviews? Thanks in advance.

hey everyone, I received an II this afternoon. It's a long and tiring journey for me to fly into New England because of where I live, so I'm thinking of sticking around the Hanover and/or greater New Hampshire area for more than just a day or two. I'm wondering if anyone else opted for staying more than one or two nights in Hanover. Any advice on where to stay, things to do in the area, opportunities to meet current students on the Friday after the Thursday interviews? Thanks in advance.

On interview day, we only met a couple students on the tour (vs. some schools that have lunches with multiple medical school students), so I definitely suggest getting a host the night before for a larger sample size, if you will ;)

While the Dartmouth campus is absolutely beautiful, the downside is that hotels are ridiculously expensive (~$200/night when I was looking). AirBnb rates seemed a little more reasonable!

Hey y'all,
This is my first post, but I just received an II today! Complete 9/3, URM, 3.7/514

I wasn't expecting such a quick turnaround time, especially for a school like Dartmouth. I think my "interesting" life experiences helped (10+ siblings, grew up in underserved inner-city area, domestic violence pervaded my household, I was placed in foster care, getting assaulted at knife-point when refused to hand over my belongings, house was broken into, and a bunch of other inconveniences)

Sorry if that was too much, I'm just excited since this is my II invite

Reactions: 14 users

How are you getting to campus? The main drawback to Dartmouth is that it's in a rural area with very limited public transportation (and no weekend public transit service).

How are you getting to campus? The main drawback to Dartmouth is that it's in a rural area with very limited public transportation (and no weekend public transit service).
I'm planning to rent a car in Boston.

II Sept. 19!! Complete 7/19. They gave me 3 dates and I selected Oct 19. Just realized everything for this school has been on the 19 of the months lol. Hope to see some of you there!

Reactions: 5 users
Bummer, sorry to hear. In early with good stats, too. You did everything you could - I'm sure the rest of the cycle will go well for you.
That's sweet of you! I appreciate it. :) Good luck with everything!

Is it too late to send in my secondary at this point in time?

I'm planning to rent a car in Boston.
Hi! The Dartmouth Coach runs between NYC and Hanover and Boston and Hanover mulitple times a day. It is a little pricey (especially from NYC) but they are incredibly nice buses, good wifi, and drop you off very convenient location. If you are planning on staying within walking distance of campus, parking is a pain. Staying close to campus you definitely don't need a car. Hope that is helpful!

Last edited:
I have tons of ideas. PM me if you want hotel, restaurant, hiking recommendations. Hanover is a magical place, especially this time of year.

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected Friday, this one hurt. Best of luck to those remaining.