2017-2018 University of Texas - Houston (McGovern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II, LizzyM 74, OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning also!! LzzyM 69 OOS. I'm a reapplicant as well and interviewed here last year if that helps anyone!

II as well.
LizzyM ~69, IS, non-URM, app transmitted 5/23, MCAT released 7/18.

I got the "under review" email on Monday. Is this late in the game? I thought it made me eligible to possibly get an II from Monday onwards. Does this school look at apps in the order the were complete or is it more like once you are complete you can get an II?

I got the "under review" email on Monday. Is this late in the game? I thought it made me eligible to possibly get an II from Monday onwards. Does this school look at apps in the order the were complete or is it more like once you are complete you can get an II?
Not late. Some applicants haven't even submitted their TMDSAS apps yet :whistle:. Interviews carry on for months.

Not late. Some applicants haven't even submitted their TMDSAS apps yet :whistle:. Interviews carry on for months.
I would be so stressed if I hadn't submitted my primaries yet.

I would be so stressed if I hadn't submitted my primaries yet.
Have several friends who were borderline candidates that submitted just now/still doing secondaries and I'm like whyyyyyy please help yourself out

Have several friends who were borderline candidates that submitted just now/still doing secondaries and I'm like whyyyyyy please help yourself out
Yeah I have an average GPA but a lizzM of 73. I really hate myself for waiting this long. I've been traveling a lot and working full time. Although it's no excuse, it sucks that I was complete mid august. I think the latest I should have pushed it was early August. I hope this doesn't hurt me too much. I would hate to have to reapply because of my stupid mistake.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I have an average GPA but a lizzM of 73. I really hate myself for waiting this long. I've been traveling a lot and working full time. Although it's no excuse, it sucks that I was complete mid august. I think the latest I should have pushed it was early August. I hope this doesn't hurt me too much. I would hate to have to reapply because of my stupid mistake.
I doubt it will hurt you; I was actually talking about people who just submitted primary for processing. And believe it or not 73 LizzyM is not average, it's quite above average for Texas.

Can I bring my pet Toucan?

Last edited:
II received today! Does anyone know if the "guest" we can bring has to be a spouse? Or can it be a family member or non-married significant other?

Congratulations! Can you share what dates you were offered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody interviewing this weekend and looking forward to the good 'ole Harvey?

Anybody interviewing this weekend and looking forward to the good 'ole Harvey?
Dude i'm interviewing in Galveston on Friday. RIP me if they don't cancel and reschedule....

8/25 was an option, but I already have an interview then
EDIT: it was also a super fast turn around / hurricane haha

Man if only they invited me I could go then. I'm free on the 25th!

Reactions: 1 user
Man if only they invited me I could go then. I'm free on the 25th!

If only it was appropriate to call them and say "hey I'm free tomorrow" lol

Has anyone from the interview dates August 25 or September 1st gotten a reschedule email yet? I'm just wondering what days they are offering. Not trying to be insensitive the flooding is horrible and I hope everyone in Houston and McGovern stay safe I was just wondering about the rescheduling.

Has anyone from the interview dates August 25 or September 1st gotten a reschedule email yet? I'm just wondering what days they are offering. Not trying to be insensitive the flooding is horrible and I hope everyone in Houston and McGovern stay safe I was just wondering about the rescheduling.

Had a 9/1 interview, still waiting on the follow-up rescheduling email.

Interviewed on 8/25. The interview wasn't canceled

The interview on 08/25 didn't get rescheduled but they did give you the option with no effect on your application chances. Considering how flooded the medical center is right now I don't see how they could even have an interview this Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The interview on 08/25 didn't get rescheduled but they did give you the option with no effect on your application chances. Considering how flooded the medical center is right now I don't see how they could even have an interview this Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Oh ok thank you!

MFW still waiting for mcgovern/a&m/dell for tx med schools.........

MFW still waiting for mcgovern/a&m/dell for tx med schools.........
I'm over here still waiting for Dell, Lubbock, UTRGV, and TCOM. Haven't even received the Dell Secondary, even though McGovern gave me an invite :/

I'm in the same boat. LizzyM 75 and I have IIs from all Texas schools I applied to except McGovern.

Last cycle applicant chiming in -- this is super common for McGovern. I'm not sure if they yield protect or what but last year I got IIs from Baylor/SW in August and had silence from McGovern until after Thanksgiving. Just sit tight and focus on the IIs you do have!

are you sure you didn't miss it in junk? I received mine like the day after I submitted.

i dont think so; I'm sort of a weird applicant; I took my mcat in may so I technically applied through AMCAS like the first day possible but ~ 1.5 months after tmdsas opened (cause it opens earlier than amcas). I also said I wanted to specifically go into translational research so I think some of those schools screened for primarily clinical or the fact that my sent in stuff (mcat, transcirpt, etc) was really staggered so I got put at the end of the line or something

i dont think so; I'm sort of a weird applicant; I took my mcat in may so I technically applied through AMCAS like the first day possible but ~ 1.5 months after tmdsas opened (cause it opens earlier than amcas). I also said I wanted to specifically go into translational research so I think some of those schools screened for primarily clinical or the fact that my sent in stuff (mcat, transcirpt, etc) was really staggered so I got put at the end of the line or something
Maybe.... I would call to verify

Maybe.... I would call to verify

Doesn't Dell screen? I thought only a certain percentage get secondaries. I didn't receive one last year but I got IIs to the rest of the TX schools I applied to.

Doesn't Dell screen? I thought only a certain percentage get secondaries. I didn't receive one last year but I got IIs to the rest of the TX schools I applied to.
With the new video secondaries they told me basically everyone is getting one now.

With the new video secondaries they told me basically everyone is getting one now.

I haven't received a secondary from Dell, and I transmitted mid-May. A lot of my friends are in the same boat.

Well then I guess they hate me hahahaha.
A lot of people (who had multiple IIs already) at my last interview hadn't gotten then Dell secondary, which made me feel better, but maybe that was just sample size!

Well then I guess they hate me hahahaha.
A lot of people (who had multiple IIs already) at my last interview hadn't gotten then Dell secondary, which made me feel better, but maybe that was just sample size!
I'm wondering whether your spam blockers may have just got it. It came from a very spammy looking address.

They might, but I pretty much have perfect stats. I feel it has a random factor in play.

I'm wondering whether your spam blockers may have just got it. It came from a very spammy looking address.
I never even received it in my spam, just dead silence after recieved their confirmation that they recieved the application.