You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Virginia Tech Carilion
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II this morning, complete 8/24
Congrats! What date is your interview for?II this morning, complete 8/24
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the only date they offered me was 12/2Congrats! What date is your interview for?
Withdrew from II. I've been lucky to receive an acceptance in my home state. Good luck everyone!
II today - also for 12/2. IS verified complete secondary on 7/31. Lizzy M: 66, uGPA: 3.49, gGPA: 4.0 (masters), 510 MCAT. Bless up!
Denied post secondary.
Me 2. Oh well... It's a relief to get a response from somebody! Good luck with your other apps and good luck to everyone else!
Rejected as well complete 7/27 LM 69
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are rejections trickling out or did these all go out at once? I can feel the rejection coming....
Rejected today, OOS. Secondary complete late July
Are rejections trickling out or did these all go out at once? I can feel the rejection coming....
+1
I was complete 9/3 and haven’t heard anything. Is there anyone complete in July or August that still hasn’t gotten a rejection or II?
me
I was complete 9/3 and haven’t heard anything. Is there anyone complete in July or August that still hasn’t gotten a rejection or II?
Me
YesI was complete 9/3 and haven’t heard anything. Is there anyone complete in July or August that still hasn’t gotten a rejection or II?
Mid julyI was complete 9/3 and haven’t heard anything. Is there anyone complete in July or August that still hasn’t gotten a rejection or II?
I was complete mid July
I was complete 9/3 and haven’t heard anything. Is there anyone complete in July or August that still hasn’t gotten a rejection or II?
complete 7/9, no word yetI was complete mid July
Rejection post secondary yesterday, OOS, complete 10/14/17. Good luck everyone!
ahh congrats! How did you think your interview went right after? was it stressful?Accepted, OOS, LizzyM 69, interviewed 8/19.
ahh congrats! How did you think your interview went right after? was it stressful?
Thanks. To be honest, I thought I screwed up really badly. The school tried to keep it chill and were extremely friendly but MMIs in general are stressful.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! That is awesome to hear 🙂Thanks. To be honest, I thought I screwed up really badly. The school tried to keep it chill and were extremely friendly but MMIs in general are stressful.
Did they say that admission is rolling?
Thanks! That is awesome to hear 🙂
Did they say that admission is rolling?
Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure it is.
Does anyone know when the second round of admissions decisions comes out? Interviewed 10/7
I interviewed 10/7 as well and remember they said we would receive a call in mid-December if we are accepted!Does anyone know when the second round of admissions decisions comes out? Interviewed 10/7
Did you get the Active Pool email then get accepted? interesting, I thought we wouldn't hear until April.Accepted, OOS, LizzyM 69, interviewed 8/19.
yup! i couldn't remember but I called today and they repeated that.I interviewed 10/7 as well and remember they said we would receive a call in mid-December if we are accepted!
Did they say the exact week of December?yup! i couldn't remember but I called today and they repeated that.
second or third weekDid they say the exact week of December?
before Christmas for suresecond or third week
As long as you keep composure and just converse with the MMI interviewer, you will be fine.ahh congrats! How did you think your interview went right after? was it stressful?
second or third week
Does that go for just admissions decisions or does that also include when they meet up to decide II’s?
that I am not sure, I think it's when the admissions committee meets to decide acceptances. But, it also could be meeting to decide the next round of IIs.Does that go for just admissions decisions or does that also include when they meet up to decide II’s?
awesome! Thanks. How did you think the second part of the interview (the traditional interview) went?As long as you keep composure and just converse with the MMI interviewer, you will be fine.
Was anyone else confused by there being Va Tech Carilion and Edward Via Osteopathic both affiliated with Virginia Tech?
I can't comment directly on it but I felt the same towards the trad. interview as I did the MMI, thought it went well!awesome! Thanks. How did you think the second part of the interview (the traditional interview) went?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It is odd that VTC is in Roanoke while VCOM is in Blacksburg but one is MD and the other DO.Was anyone else confused by there being Va Tech Carilion and Edward Via Osteopathic both affiliated with Virginia Tech?
If we haven't heard from here and have been complete since July are we a
on hold?
on hold?
Edward Via is actually not affiliated with Virginia Tech, despite being in Blacksburg. Notice that there is no VT in the name and they have their own "-.edu" (whereas VTC is actually a ".vt.edu"). Their are certain partnerships between the schools, but no official affiliation.Was anyone else confused by there being Va Tech Carilion and Edward Via Osteopathic both affiliated with Virginia Tech?
It is odd that VTC is in Roanoke while VCOM is in Blacksburg but one is MD and the other DO.
This might sound dumb but because all this time I was skipping over at least one of these (probably thought they were the same) let me just make sure of all the medical schools in Virginia:
MD:
UVA
VCU
EVMS
VTC
DO:
LUCOM
Edward Via
Right?
This might sound dumb but because all this time I was skipping over at least one of these (probably thought they were the same) let me just make sure of all the medical schools in Virginia:
MD:
UVA
VCU
EVMS
VTC
DO:
LUCOM
Edward Via
Right?
Yup that's all of them