2017-2018 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got offered a full tuition scholarship via phone call! Keep your phones close bc it looks like they're rolling out merit scholarships

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Yeah I’m actually interested in left-sided pediatric onco-orthopedic trauma surgery of the right arm
Everyone knows that right sided pediatric onco-orthopedic trauma surgery of the left arm is much more interesting

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone knows that right sided pediatric onco-orthopedic trauma surgery of the left arm is much more interesting
Yeah dream BIG. That's way too competitive

Reactions: 3 users
So are they actually going to release the rest of the decisions any time in the next century...?

Reactions: 4 users
have they sent out any rejections yet or are they just dragging us along through march so we think we're on the waitlist..... interviewed in january

Did anyone who interviewed in late Jan or Feb actually get accepted...?

have they sent out any rejections yet or are they just dragging us along through march so we think we're on the waitlist..... interviewed in january
+1, interviewed in... October

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed in Mid Jan as well - silence still!!

Just withdrew my acceptance in light of news from other schools. Good luck to those of you still waiting! Fingers crossed for y'all :)

Reactions: 8 users
Yup, well I'm guessing they've sent out roughly 120 offers now and will send a big waitlist set at the end of the month. Remember though that roughly 250-280 people end up getting an acceptance overall so there is huge waitlist movement which is typical of WashU I think

I had sent an earlier email to negotiate aid. I received a response a few days ago that there is no merit aid left, so I'm assuming all decisions have been made.
This makes me sad as hell. Hopefully need based aid comes through

I had sent an earlier email to negotiate aid. I received a response a few days ago that there is no merit aid left, so I'm assuming all decisions have been made.
I called like right after I posted, and the lady on the phone said that merit aid will be offered throughout the next couple of months; so the impression that gives is that they either (1) are not done, or (2) are waiting for someone who received a merit aid offer to withdraw their acceptance.

Yup, well I'm guessing they've sent out roughly 120 offers now and will send a big waitlist set at the end of the month. Remember though that roughly 250-280 people end up getting an acceptance overall so there is huge waitlist movement which is typical of WashU I think
Where'd you learn that? I was under the impression there isn't a great deal of WL movement, and the accepted students page already has a bunch of people on it. Though they do have sort of a low yield, a third if I remember right.

Where'd you learn that? I was under the impression there isn't a great deal of WL movement, and the accepted students page already has a bunch of people on it. Though they do have sort of a low yield, a third if I remember right.
WashU actually has a pretty significant WL movement. About 1/3 of the current M1’s were waitlisted at the beginning.

Also bear in mind that the current FB group for the class fo 2022 has a mix of accepted students and current medical students who are willing to answer questions.

when is the waitlist coming out??? the anxiety is slowly killing me...

when is the waitlist coming out??? the anxiety is slowly killing me...
Hopefully we'll hear something by the end of the week as one of the forms in our interview day packet said we should expect a decision no later than March 30th... but then again who knows

Reactions: 3 users
Hopefully we'll hear something by the end of the week as one of the forms in our interview day packet said we should expect a decision no later than March 30th... but then again who knows
Please be true! That's what I heard as well. We have all been waiting sooooo long, I just would like some kind of answer. Let us all pray and hope that there are still acceptances left.....

Reactions: 2 users
Have a feeling they're going to drag it out to the April 15th deadline

Yo someone take one for the team and call admissions to see what’s up

Reactions: 2 users
I bet they accept some folks tonight. *He says with a twinge of madness after three weeks of thinking the same thing.*

I bet they accept some folks tonight. *He says with a twinge of madness after three weeks of thinking the same thing.*
27dm6b.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
@folks who got merit scholarships, had you already filled out fin aid info before getting your awards?

What makes you say this? When I interviewed I thought they said that the majority of admissions decisions would be made on March 30, including acceptances, WL, and rejections...
This is kinda the vibe I was getting too. Crossing my fingers.....

What makes you say this? When I interviewed I thought they said that the majority of admissions decisions would be made on March 30, including acceptances, WL, and rejections...
Just my gut feeling. I hope I'm wrong! I'm no authority!

Reactions: 1 users