2017-2018 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got waitlisted

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlisted! Honestly this is pretty cool, I was shocked to even interview here so I'll proudly be a waitlister :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they actually reject anyone? I was waitlisted too, so I'm not sure if I should be mildly hopeful or if they just put everyone on the waitlist

I see that lots of people got accepted off the waitlist with merit scholarships last year. Would a letter of intent reduce the chances of getting a scholarship? I guess I shouldn't be too optimistic though.

I see that lots of people got accepted off the waitlist with merit scholarships last year. Would a letter of intent reduce the chances of getting a scholarship? I guess I shouldn't be too optimistic though.
Curious about this as well, I want to attend but would need financial aid.

Members don't see this ad :)
Joining the waitlist train (interviewed early Feb). Also curious whether wash u does rejections so I know what I'm supposed to be feeling right now :whistle:

Waitlisted! Honestly this is pretty cool, I was shocked to even interview here so I'll proudly be a waitlister :)
Same!! I was so honored to interview here. I love this school so much, and the location is ideal!

Also waitlist, interviewed early October. Sigh after 6 months of hoping

Waitlisted but will be withdrawing! Best of luck to everyone no matter where you end up!!

Reactions: 3 users
Seems like about 2.5 million
Oh boy I'm really looking forward to having false hope for the next 3 months. Who needs a final answer in March when you can just wait til August to start looking for places to rent?

Reactions: 5 users
allegedly they waitlist everyone post-II that isn’t offered an acceptance

Last edited:
Is there anyone who has interviewed who hasn't heard anything back yet? And if so, interview date?

Oh boy I'm really looking forward to having false hope for the next 3 months. Who needs a final answer in March when you can just wait til August to start looking for places to rent?

@seedbrage being a cute little bunny notwithstanding, this comment is straight savage.

Last edited:
Spot should open up. Made my decision to attend another school! Good luck everybody!

Reactions: 8 users
did anyone write a comment when accepting the WL?
I basically used it as a space to express my intent on accepting a position if offered a spot. I just wrote a short paragraph, enough to let them know why.

Spot should open up. Made my decision to attend another school! Good luck everybody!
Same here - withdrew my WL position last night - will be going to another school - good luck to all!!

Reactions: 4 users
Got financial aid just now.... Pretty meh honestly. Still leaves me with more than 200k in debt here. Sad times

Sorry late to the party, but waitlisted as well! Does anyone know if they release the rankings? or if it is even ranked?

So they will pull people off the waitlist randomly?
I think unranked means that they re-evaluate the waitlist pool whenever a new spot opens up instead of pulling directly from a ranked list. I guess this to preserve the class dynamic/balance. For example say 10 men withdraw, schools might want to replace those spots with a male-heavy group to preserve the overall gender balance. You could extend this thinking to other forms of "balance" -- lifestyle, specialty interest, economic background, geography. Just a hunch though!

I got zero subsidized financial aid, so yours is much better.
I am very confused by how this is disbursed; I got some scholarship and some fed aid, but there is still a major gap under alleged "parent contribution" that my parents will not be contributing that I would need fed aid for - how do I fill that? Am I expected to get private loans for that?

And for a school that alleges indebtedness of $100k per student on average, this finaid is pretty abysmal.

I am very confused by how this is disbursed; I got some scholarship and some fed aid, but there is still a major gap under alleged "parent contribution" that my parents will not be contributing that I would need fed aid for - how do I fill that? Am I expected to get private loans for that?

And for a school that alleges indebtedness of $100k per student on average, this finaid is pretty abysmal.

I had something similar. Im not exactly sure what I am supposed to do with the parental contribution. Other schools did not bother with that and just offered loans to cover up the balance.

Im also not sure how the average indebtedness is that low. -_- Im just gonna wait till second look I guess, but this dissapointing