2017-2018 Weill Cornell Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you sure? Considering Cornell only yields at around 33%, that would be 70 students or so in each class that comes from the waitlist, which is a little high. USNWR data listed a little over 300 including waitlist acceptances.

I’m also feeling Thurs as decision day. Good luck everyone!

I am only quoting what I was told by a current admissions committee member.

Members don't see this ad.

HOW DO YOU KNOW IF ITS THURSDAY>??! >.< UGHHH

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Aw sorry guys for the wait-- Cornell releases decisions later than other schools because we interview until so late into the season! Just as an FYI for all of you, the final committee meeting was yesterday (hence no decisions thus far). However now that it's over, decisions should be coming out soon! (I don't know the timeline either since now it's an administrative thing.)

Also, approximately third of the class comes from the waitlist so don't lose hope if you're waitlisted and send a letter of interest/update letter if you're interested in coming! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 14 users
Aw sorry guys for the wait-- Cornell releases decisions later than other schools because we interview until so late into the season! Just as an FYI for all of you, the final committee meeting was yesterday (hence no decisions thus far). However now that it's over, decisions should be coming out soon! (I don't know the timeline either since now it's an administrative thing.)

Also, approximately third of the class comes from the waitlist so don't lose hope if you're waitlisted and send a letter of interest/update letter if you're interested in coming! Good luck everyone!

Thank you. You are the real MVP.

Does anyone know how decisions are conferred? I am out of the country for the next week (spring break), and I will NOT be able to get any phone calls, if that's how they're typically done.

Does anyone know how decisions are conferred? I am out of the country for the next week (spring break), and I will NOT be able to get any phone calls, if that's how they're typically done.
In previous years, it's been email. If tomorrow is the day, GOOD LUCK TO US!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Also, just to put some of y’all’s minds at ease (maybe?), I talked to someone who interviewed there in November, and he was rejected last week. So, if we haven’t been rejected yet, maybe it’s safe to assume we have been at least waitlisted?

Just waiting for my rejection so I can be at peace.

Reactions: 2 users
Also, just to put some of y’all’s minds at ease (maybe?), I talked to someone who interviewed there in November, and he was rejected last week. So, if we haven’t been rejected yet, maybe it’s safe to assume we have been at least waitlisted?
Aren't all decisions emailed at once? Was he applying to Md/PhD?

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Seems suspicious that no Post II people on SDN were rejected then though...

DXcRgKAW0AAWT8A.jpg

weill adcoms looking at our futile attempts to figure out when decisions will be released

Reactions: 9 users
Maybe their interview went so horribly that they had to reject them sooner
I went to an interview and they told me that one year a group of adcoms watched as a pregnant woman fell crossing the street and an applicant checked the time waiting for the woman to get up instead of helping her.

They said it was the first time a rejection beat the applicant home...

I went to an interview and they told me that one year a group of adcoms watched as a pregnant woman fell crossing the street and an applicant checked the time waiting for the woman to get up instead of helping her.

They said it was the first time a rejection beat the applicant home...

Was this applicant distracted? Did he/she not see her? Isn't it human nature to want to help? Like when I hear stories like these, I'm just baffled and unable to comprehend or even imagine what it would feel like to just watch someone fall and not even flinch to help.

Last edited:
I think they’re going for the element of surprise :corny:

Aren't all decisions emailed at once? Was he applying to Md/PhD?

Seems suspicious that no Post II people on SDN were rejected then though...

He was a regular MD applicant. And I’m honestly not sure why they rejected him early, but I can certainly say that they did. Anyway, maybe I shouldn’t read too much into an early rejection, especially since no one else has reported a post imterview rejection.

My question is... if the final committee meeting was on tuesday... how long does it take to press a send button?

Reactions: 3 users
There was a ton of snow in NYC yesterday, wouldn’t be surprised if it delayed things a bit

LOL
Rejected from Cornell. Just received the email.
WOW.

LizzyM 74-75
Interviewed Mid-November.

oh **** I JUST GOT IN asdlfkjasdlkfjalsdkfjalskdfjlaksj ACCEPTED!

The waitlists have been crushing so far this just made my ****ing year

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED WAHOOOO

Reactions: 4 users
Thank you all for the encouragement. I'm not really upset, just baffled and confused by the whole process overall. Good luck to everyone else still in the running!

Are all emails coming out together

sfksejfesfjk HOLY **** Accepted, after copping back to back L's this past couple weeks and interviewing 7 months after an sending an ITA. Wew Lad.

Reactions: 11 users
Copped that last L! Best of luck to everyone else.

LizzyM 74 for anyone interested

Accepted!

Reactions: 1 users
Oh great, now I'm so nervous I can't study! But huge congrats to all those accepted so far, and best of luck to the rest of us! This place is uniquely awesome!

Accepted! Enjoyed my interview at Cornell, so this was a pleasant surprise because I wasn't expecting a response today!

Damn, looks like my rejection is coming in... Crushed that I will have to say goodbye to my home (NYC).

Edited: Waitlisted sigh and so it begins again....the elusive NYC acceptance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted via email. Interviewed back in Sept!

Reactions: 3 users
Another NYC WL! Congrats to all those accepted!!!!!