2017-2018 Weill Cornell Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
☆☆waitlisted☆☆

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlisted - I even called it on Tuesday! The east coast hates me apparently
Dang, really? Just gonna prepare myself for another waitlist then.... East coast chances fading every day

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! congrats to everyone and hoping for everyone on the WL

Reactions: 1 user
so whats movement like here for WL

Rejected after interviewing in October! Wasn’t really expecting much after the other post interview decisions I got from top ten schools. Actually totally fine getting rejected because I'm super happy with the schools I'm into

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted 3:30. Any idea how many of us are on it? Does Weill consider LOIs?

Accepted -- I can't believe it! Interviewed in February.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted :/ Congrats to the acceptees!! At least if I don’t get off the waitlist maybe I will see you guys during Cornell-Sinai socials!

Does anyone know how many are accepted and waitlisted? How many people are typically accepted off the waitlist?

Yeah I probably won’t accept my waitlist either. I just got offered a full ride elsewhere today. Good luck, everyone!

Reactions: 10 users
ACCEPTED!!! Loved this school :')

Congrats to all those accepted!! We are excited to see you at second look :)

To those on the waitlist (like I was) don’t give up hope! There is a LOT of movement here as other people have said. They do take letters of interest/intent and I’m not sure how helpful they are but they definitely don’t hurt!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Also waitlisted but will be opting out! Congrats to those accepted and good luck to those waiting it out

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted as well. Now on 3 NYC waitlists with the pending Sinai walitlist. Interviewed early Nov. Here’s hoping for good movement and congrats to those accepted!
+1

Waitlisted too... guess I gotta start drafting my Intent+Update(s) letter. Congratulations to those accepted!

Waitlisted as well. Now on 3 NYC waitlists with the pending Sinai walitlist. Interviewed early Nov. Here’s hoping for good movement and congrats to those accepted!

+2 :( Waitlisted at NYU and probably at Sinai. Was hoping for more acceptances this cycle low-key; this is my third waitlist (will likely be 4 by the end of the month including Sinai). I'm hoping to hear good news from UCLA, but it will likely be silence considering the post-II results I've had so far. I am grateful for the one acceptance I have, but this cycle has really made me realize how brutal the process can be

Reactions: 11 users
Accepted! Hoping for the best for all of you! I do know what it's like to be on the other side, and I am actually a reapplicant. But a doctor is a doctor is a doctor. Do well in med school and do whatever you want, don't believe me then look at top residency programs. Residents aren't HMS HMS Cornell etc. Much love

Reactions: 3 users
Thought I had a great interview here but WL :/ No part of this process makes any sense

+2 :( Waitlisted at NYU and probably at Sinai. Was hoping for more acceptances this cycle low-key; this is my third waitlist (will likely be 4 by the end of the month including Sinai). I'm hoping to hear good news from UCLA, but it will likely be silence considering the post-II results I've had so far. I am grateful for the one acceptance I have, but this cycle has really made me realize how brutal the process can be
I’m sorry :( but all you need is one. And after this process is over no one will ever care how many med school acceptances you had or IIs

WL today ayyyyyyyyy. 0/4 w the manhattan titans (2 WL, 1 Def, 1 R). Looks like I'll be staying we$t coast

I’m sorry :( but all you need is one. And after this process is over no one will ever care how many med school acceptances you had or IIs

Thank you! That's so true. I guess it's just that the post-II WL hurts a little more because we've all invested so much (financially and emotionally). At least we have some closure now!

Another day another waitlist. East coast giants giving me no love.

Also WL but declined the spot. Good luck everyone and congrats to all those accepted!

WL :/ looks like I probs won't be on the east coast for the next four years...

how many students are generally on the waitlist? If around 30 ppl are accepted off the waitlist, what are the chances of being one those lucky ones?

Just to make sure, the form to hold a spot is coming in the mail right?