2017-2018 Western U of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone get rejected yet ? Should we assume that no acceptance reply yet means rejection?

The best way to find out is to call and ask. I called on Thursday and they told me they hadn’t reviewed my file

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Edot: Sorry, wrong thread!

Last edited:
Does anyone have any suggestions for hotels and transportation from Ontario airport?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
where do we check the decisions ? My secondary admission status page just shows three check marks
There is no information on a rejection or acceptance
Is there a tab in overlooking?

where do we check the decisions ? My secondary admission status page just shows three check marks
There is no information on a rejection or acceptance
Is there a tab in overlooking?

No. Any new tabs are very readily apparent.

Oh! For those who are applying to the Pomona campus (and have already interviewed?), the admissions office emailed us to ask us to submit a head shot photo.

Does anyone have any more information on this? It was briefly mentioned in the reminder email, but I don't see any further directions on it. Do we just upload it to our portal?

Thanks!

Does anyone have any more information on this? It was briefly mentioned in the reminder email, but I don't see any further directions on it. Do we just upload it to our portal?

Thanks!
Yes that’s what you do, as supplemental material

Did rejections come out already for 9/7 interviewers or do acceptances get released first

Reactions: 1 user
Did rejections come out already for 9/7 interviewers or do acceptances get released first

Called western and they said they have made decisions for all the candidates interviewed on 9/7. We should be hearing from them this week

Do you know if they emailed rejections ? Do we assume no updates portal means rejection? I know a few friends who got calls for acceptances already
Oh well
Called western and they said they have made decisions for all the candidates interviewed on 9/7. We should be hearing from them this week

Do you know if they emailed rejections ? Do we assume no updates portal means rejection? I know a few friends who got calls for acceptances already
Oh well

No.... that’s not what I meant at all dude. They just finished making all the decisions from the 9/7 interview. They just finished making those decisions on Thursday. Before that, only half of the decisions were made. So just because your friends have heard back doesn’t mean anything, it just means they were part of the lucky first half. We will be hearing back this week.

has anyone been rejected post secondary? I have had my EDS check since 8/25 and I'm not sure if not hearing back means rejection or waitlist type of thing...

No.... that’s not what I meant at all dude. They just finished making all the decisions from the 9/7 interview. They just finished making those decisions on Thursday. Before that, only half of the decisions were made. So just because your friends have heard back doesn’t mean anything, it just means they were part of the lucky first half. We will be hearing back this week.

hmmm if 9/7 just got finished being reviewed I wonder if they have made any decisions on 09/21. I shall just twiddle my fingers and attempt to take the advice I gave you haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it still worth applying? Just got my AACOMAS verifeid yesterday?? How many interview slots left???

We just waiting on a letter at this point? Or are you still watching for a phone call?

We just waiting on a letter at this point? Or are you still watching for a phone call?

Haha, do you or someone else want to call them and ask that since the decisions were made, if they can just tell you if you’re accepted/WL/rejected over the phone? I feel like I’ve called them so many times already and so now I’m just playing it cool

I called them so many times and barely got any response , I'm not sure why it's taking so long but I think at this point I'm accepting that it may be leaning towards a rejection as I have friends who have already been accepted over a week ago
Haha, do you or someone else want to call them and ask that since the decisions were made, if they can just tell you if you’re accepted/WL/rejected over the phone? I feel like I’ve called them so many times already and so now I’m just playing it cool

I called them so many times and barely got any response , I'm not sure why it's taking so long but I think at this point I'm accepting that it may be leaning towards a rejection as I have friends who have already been accepted over a week ago
+1
I'm also interviewing in Pomona and they just sent out an email for their social the night before and my heart stopped thinking it was Lebanon lol.

Is anyone else waiting to hear back from pomona ? 9/7 interviewers ?

Got an interview but there are no available interview dates on the scheduler is this a glitch?

Got an interview but there are no available interview dates on the scheduler is this a glitch?
it's first comes first serve. you're most likely will have an interview in the end of Dec or January as slots are filled up to Dec 7th. Just keep checking back to see available dates

it's first comes first serve. you're most likely will have an interview in the end of Dec or January as slots are filled up to Dec 7th. Just keep checking back to see available dates
Oh that makes sense. Thank you!!

How long were you guys complete before receiving a II?

Accepted to Lebanon via voicemail. One of my top choices so far. I would be very content attending Western and living in Lebanon.

Interviewed 9/23.

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted to Lebanon via voicemail. One of my top choices so far. I would be very content attending Western and living in Lebanon.

Interviewed 9/23.

Wow, congrats! Interviewed the same day, hopefully some good news comes tomorrow!

Accepted to Lebanon via voicemail yesterday also. Interviewed on 9/23.

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED VIA PORTAL!!

Lebanon campus, interviewed 9/23, no call yet.

Last edited:
Anyone who interviewed at Pomona get any news?!!!

Reactions: 4 users

This song perfectly expresses all the emotions I have felt with Pomona

Not sure we ever will............
I don't think my patience has ever been tested as much before in my life than right now. I called the admissions coordinator she said decisions have been made and we should get the letters by the end of this week.

Good luck yall! Want me to say what the acceptance letter looks like ?

Edit* I meant what the envelope looks like.. so you can get excited when you get it!

Last edited:
I don't think my patience has ever been tested as much before in my life than right now. I called the admissions coordinator she said decisions have been made and we should get the letters by the end of this week.

The end of this week meaning tomorrow? Lol.

Hopefully that means tomorrow! So they only called for the first ones then? Sounds like the rest will be through mail...

you got an acceptance through the mail? did your portal update?

My call came before the portal which was before the letter.

SPOILERS: ***if you dont receive a large envelope from Pomona, its probably not good.. the packet literally says "Welcome to the Family" on the outside***

My call came before the portal which was before the letter.

SPOILERS: ***if you dont receive a large envelope from Pomona, its probably not good.. the packet literally says "Welcome to the Family" on the outside***

I may have just checked my mail and yelled at my mailbox "Please adopt me!" before opening ...Now my neighbors think I'm crazy lmao

Nothing in today's mail... :cryi:

Nothing in today's mail... :cryi:
Yup got nothing either.... well I just don't get it anymore. I can't even sleep well because I am on edge. Tomorrow will be exactly one month from our interview and nothing.

What does the portal look like when you have been rejected?

I'm pretty much just assuming no response at this point means rejection
It's way too long to keep the second batch of students on hold whereas the first batch already got acceptances etc
Seems strange to me especially considering they met last week and that there were more interview dates already
Doesn't sound very promising in my opinion