2018-2019 Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew as well! Good luck to all those waitlisted!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got an email this afternoon asking if I was still interested and asking if they were my top choice. Anyone else on the alternate list get something similar?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email this afternoon asking if I was still interested and asking if they were my top choice. Anyone else on the alternate list get something similar?

Same, sounds like they want an LOI? Would love to go here but I’ve sent an LOI elsewhere doh

never thought id say this but ill be withdrawing later today

• Sad
Withdrew! Best of luck to all those on the alternate list!

Reactions: 1 users
they've started accepting people off the waitlist btw

Members don't see this ad :)
No problem! I got call first, followed very shortly by an email!
Same here!! Call and then email! So excited!
did y'all receive the automated WL email on the 30th? if so, how did you respond/they respond to your response? trying to gauge if their response was more "sure we'll keep that in mind" or "lol ur wasting ur time but ok"

did y'all receive the automated WL email on the 30th? if so, how did you respond/they respond to your response? trying to gauge if their response was more "sure we'll keep that in mind" or "lol ur wasting ur time but ok"
I responded that Case is my first choice, and then they sent me a response (5/1) that was like "great to know! we are monitoring class numbers". They were super nice!

I responded that Case is my first choice, and then they sent me a response (5/1) that was like "great to know! we are monitoring class numbers". They were super nice!
u g h they responded like that to me too. i guess the only thing i can do is wait and try not to drown in my tears!!

Does anyone know if there is an accepted fb group? For some reason, I can't seem to find it :|

Does anyone know if there is an accepted fb group? For some reason, I can't seem to find it :|
It is at the end of your offer letter.

Also my NetID and student ID are still not shown on my financial aid page. Can anyone let me know how long does it usually take them to provide the IDs? Thanks in advance!

It is at the end of your offer letter.

Also my NetID and student ID are still not shown on my financial aid page. Can anyone let me know how long does it usually take them to provide the IDs? Thanks in advance!
It took a week or so for mine to show up :)

Withdrew my WL position today.

I keep calling the admissions office here because there's an issue i needed them to fix and I get voicemail every time. Anyone have any luck contacting them? I left a voicemail and still no luck with a response (although it's only been a day to be fair haha). I'm guessing they might be busy deciding who's coming off the waitlist but just wondering if anyone's had any luck calling them since it goes directly to voicemail every time?

Does anyone have a COA for Case for any other years besides first year? The one on their website is extremely outdated.

Does anyone have a COA for Case for any other years besides first year? The one on their website is extremely outdated.

CoA changes slightly from year-to-year but should not change drastically between M1 and M2, M3, and M4. This year's full CoA is as follows:

(brace yourself...)

Tuition and Fees$65,546.00
Room & Board$14,766.00
Books & Supplies$1,000.00
Personal Expenses$3,964.00
Transportation$2,868.00
Loan Origination Fee$1,538.00
Health Insurance$2,330.00
Total Budget$92,012.00
|
|

CoA changes slightly from year-to-year but should not change drastically between M1 and M2, M3, and M4. This year's full CoA is as follows:

(brace yourself...)

Tuition and Fees$65,546.00
Room & Board$14,766.00
Books & Supplies$1,000.00
Personal Expenses$3,964.00
Transportation$2,868.00
Loan Origination Fee$1,538.00
Health Insurance$2,330.00
Total Budget$92,012.00
|
|
Thank you for this. I have this information. I was looking for COA for years 2-4. In my experience, other schools do have a significant difference in COA from first year to third/ fourth year. For example, OSU is 56k for the first two years and goes up to 79k for the last two years.

Last edited:
Thank you for this. I have this information. I was looking for COA for years 2-4. In my experience, other schools do have a significant difference in COA from first year to third/ fourth year. For example, OSU is 56k for the first two years and goes up to 79k for the last two years.
Yes, this is true. In most schools I've looked at there is a difference between years 1 and even 2-4, mostly because of the extra 2 months you'll be there and Step 1 cost.

I actually didn't know that, thanks guys! Also sorry I don't have that information, I don't think it's been provided to accepted peeps.

Ahhh yes, case may be ranked 24 in research, but it's top 5 in tuition. Yayyyy

Reactions: 4 users
Those of you accepted off the waitlist, have you gotten your financial aid package yet?

Declined my waitlist acceptance here yesterday; good luck to those hopeful

Last edited:
Did anyone else on the alternate list get the email about setting up an account in the event we're offered admission?

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone else on the alternate list get the email about setting up an account in the event we're offered admission?

yep. i think it’s safe to say that for case, if it feels like an impersonal form email, it’s probably an impersonal form email sent to everyone

If you're eagerly hoping to be pulled off the WL like me, plz like this comment (please?). Not sure if it's realistic to hope to get in at this point.

I just got off the waitlist this afternoon. I am so excited !
I also received the first email.
Don't give up hope.

Reactions: 5 users
All the other waitlisters also get an email today about writing a letter or intent?

Was accepted off the WL this week and will be attending. See y’all next month!

Reactions: 3 users
Seconding the above. Is there no hope for future movement? I know there is the anecdote regarding the one student who was accepted the first day of orientation, which is just next week. Any efforts to get in contact with the admissions office via telephone and email have gone unanswered.