2018-2019 Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
MD II a couple days ago, complete 7/15. Also applied to MSTP but haven't heard back, is it strange to get an MD II before MD/PhD?
I would say that's definitely a little strange. I feel like MSTP would have to say no before you get invited for MD only. But I could be wrong! Hopefully I am. I would call the admissions office to clarify.
But congrats on the II!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone that completed the secondary after the recommended 2 week deadline gotten an II?

Just received Lerner II! I do not see any available dates regarding interview scheduling, so was wondering if someone has this problem or knows where to find the available dates on the portal?

Never mind, figured it out, stupid me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received Lerner II! I do not see any available dates regarding interview scheduling, so was wondering if someone has this problem or knows where to find the available dates on the portal?

Never mind, figured it out, stupid me.
You're probably not stupid if you got an interview here, congrats!

Reactions: 1 users
placed on hold this morning :/ LizzyM 79 1500 research hours but no pub. Anybody know if this is just a soft R or do I still have a chance?

placed on hold this morning :/ LizzyM 79 1500 research hours but no pub. Anybody know if this is just a soft R or do I still have a chance?
I've definitely heard that some people still get invited to interview after being put on hold. When were you complete, if I may ask?

First rejection of the cycle! Best of luck to you all!!

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected as well this morning. Good luck guys!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II here! Super excited but didn't hear anything from the college program unfortunately.

Reactions: 6 users
II 2 days ago! I also received an II for CCLCM several hours apart so now my interviews are scheduled two weeks apart lol ...so I will be calling admissions today to see if I can reschedule both so I only have to take one flight! Will update on how easy/difficult it was to reschedule in case anyone else has the same issue. I'm OOS and was complete 7/14, so excited!!!

Update/Edit: I called and was sent to voicemail so I asked to reschedule - they haven't called back yet so I may not be able to reschedule :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Current student here at CWRU (university program), PM me if you have any specific questions about our program!

Reactions: 2 users
is it a good sign if you've been complete by the end of the July, but haven't been placed on hold or gotten the R?
I guess it depends on whether this school reviews apps in order or not. If they do then yes. If not then it’s likely that you just haven’t been reviewed yet

Dear fellow applicants, can someone please let me know of what interview dates are available as I already confirmed my day, but might need to re-schedule to later date, so was wondering what possibilities there are?

Dear fellow applicants, can someone please let me know of what interview dates are available as I already confirmed my day, but might need to re-schedule to later date, so was wondering what possibilities there are?
As of two days ago, most of October was available.

Thank you! Could anybody let me know when November opens up. Due to unforeseen circumstances I might not be able to do any in October, and now I'm schedule for October 12th :(

Thank you! Could anybody let me know when November opens up. Due to unforeseen circumstances I might not be able to do any in October, and now I'm schedule for October 12th :(
email the office. they may be able to accommodate you.

Apparently the University Program, Lerner, and MSTP all make their decisions individually. Odd, I agree given that the MSTP interview includes an MD portion as well.

The MSTP interview days are very different from the MD program..so maybe that's why...

II just now.

I don't even know what to say.

Reactions: 7 users
The long-awaited R has arrived. Complete 7/23.

Got that R today, good luck to those still in the game

Got that R today, good luck to those still in the game
Were you complete around 7/23 as well? I was complete a little before then but Im assuming they havent even looked at my app yet with my given stats

Were you complete around 7/23 as well? I was complete a little before then but Im assuming they havent even looked at my app yet with my given stats
Complete on 7/23, hoping that means you get that II!

Complete on 7/23, hoping that means you get that II!
Lol very unlikely with my stats. Unless they like lots of research hours which is what I have currently. Thanks for the positivity tho!

Rejected 9/27 via e-mail. Not surprised -- this was a reach for me.

Good luck everyone!

On hold

Is case western receptive to preinterview updates?

Perhaps no news is good news

Was put on hold a couple of weeks ago and received another application update via email today informing me that I was once again, still on hold. Anybody know if there is a way to only receive updates of either R or II so I don't have a heart attack every two weeks?

submitted early july still havent heard back.

Anyone else with radio silence?

Anyone who submitted at the beginning or middle of August heard back yet?

Somehow survived! University Program II this morning, complete 07/23, OOS and applied MD/MPH. Didn’t apply to Cleveland Clinic.
edit: invite was in my spam folder!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users