2018-2019 Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted early July and haven't heard anything lol
Hopefully thats good! I wasnt complete til mid/late july and nada. Lets hope for some lovin soon

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
When you upload documents to the portal, do both the University Program and Lerner see them? Thank you in advance!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II today. Non Canadian international. Complete 7/23

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Just received II! Complete 7/22, Lizzy M ~ 75

Reactions: 7 users
FYI to those worried - there were dates as early as next week and November wasn’t even an option yet so I think it’s still very early for them

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
FYI to those worried - there were dates as early as next week and November wasn’t even an option yet so I think it’s still very early for them

Thanks for this update!

Anyone know when Case releases acceptance decisions? I know Oct. 15, but since I had to re-schedule my early interview to late in October, I was wondering when the next round of decisions occurs? Thanks in advance :)

Anyone know when Case releases acceptance decisions? I know Oct. 15, but since I had to re-schedule my early interview to late in October, I was wondering when the next round of decisions occurs? Thanks in advance :)
1 month from day of interview

I absolutely loved interview day here and am super excited about this school! They did heavily imply they are waitlisting a lot of people due to the new traffic rules so I am not getting my hopes up yet.

I absolutely loved interview day here and am super excited about this school! They did heavily imply they are waitlisting a lot of people due to the new traffic rules so I am not getting my hopes up yet.

How did they imply this, if you dont mind me asking?

Any interview tips? I'm interviewing here really soon, and I'm not sure at all what to expect.
Mine was very conversational and casual

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Any interview tips? I'm interviewing here really soon, and I'm not sure at all what to expect.

Mine started off conversational and just general questions like why medicine and then they told me there were a few questions admissions wanted asked and pulled out a list and just asked them. Be sure you can answer how you'd work in groups. I got asked that during both my student and admissions one. Also got asked other general questions like what's something you need to improve on or "physicians face a lot of struggles with suffering, have you ever been in a situation dealing with loss and suffering".

Overall not bad. I felt like my student one was a little awkward though mainly because they also read off a list of similar questions making it a little harder to get into a conversation. Like we'd start talking about one thing then they'd have to ask the next question on the list that just totally shifts gears. With the faculty they can play it by ear more so I think that one felt smoother.

FYI, I am a current student here and I didn't get an interview until fairly late in the season and interviewed here on the very last day. Keep your hopes up and good luck on your interview trail!

Also, let me know if you have any specific questions about our program!

FYI, I am a current student here and I didn't get an interview until fairly late in the season and interviewed here on the very last day. Keep your hopes up and good luck on your interview trail!

Also, let me know if you have any specific questions about our program!
What is the financial aid like? How many students receive some sort of scholarship?

II at university and college programs this morning! Complete mid July

Reactions: 5 users

Could you please elaborate on this exactly, as in how do the new "traffic rules" result in Case waitlisting more students?

Could you please elaborate on this exactly, as in how do the new "traffic rules" result in Case waitlisting more students?
Well I don't know why/how it works but many schools are nervous about not being able to predict their yield as well so they're waitlisting more just to be cautious

Well I don't know why/how it works but many schools are nervous about not being able to predict their yield as well so they're waitlisting more just to be cautious

They didn't say anything like that at my interview day or anything that would imply that. But it would make sense considering they normally accept way more than their class size they probably wouldn't wanna risk doing that this year with the new rules.

They didn't say anything like that at my interview day or anything that would imply that. But it would make sense considering they normally accept way more than their class size they probably wouldn't wanna risk doing that this year with the new rules.
Yeah they only said it because somebody asked. It's definitely not just Case, other schools are facing the same dilemma

Yeah they only said it because somebody asked. It's definitely not just Case, other schools are facing the same dilemma

Do you know how long it usually takes to hear back from them? They sent an email that said within a month but was wondering if it was possible to hear back sooner or if it usually takes up to a whole month?

Perhaps you have an answer then. How do the new rules lend itself to not accepting a lot of individuals, unlike previous years?

Perhaps you have an answer then. How do the new rules lend itself to not accepting a lot of individuals, unlike previous years?
So i'm not the person you're responding to, but from my understanding schools will no longer be able to see where else you got into around April time. They used to be able to use that list to determine probability of you attending their school (for example, if you got an acceptance to a higher ranked school they may believe you would not attend their own school) and then change their admissions decision on you or potential other students accordingly, but they don't have that information anymore so they may have to be more conservative than usual as they don't want to overshoot their class number due to lack of information

Dude Jesus how many do you have now?
more than I could have hoped for! I want to read what my letter writers put down cause I don't think my app is anything out of the ordinary

more than I could have hoped for! I want to read what my letter writers put down cause I don't think my app is anything out of the ordinary

I know what you mean. I want to read my letters so badly as well. I had an interviewer (at another school) comment on how impressed they were by them and it made me want to read them even more. I really think it's a big part of why I got some of the interviews I did.

I know what you mean. I want to read my letters so badly as well. I had an interviewer (at another school) comment on how impressed they were by them and it made me want to read them even more. I really think it's a big part of why I got some of the interviews I did.
Same! One of the interviewers even had the letters printed out for the open file interview and wanted to ask them to read excerpts lol

I know I'm overthinking things, but got an email yesterday inviting me to apply to the "1-year MA in Bioethics and Medical Humanities" (after I interviewed for the University Program a few weeks ago). Is this a sign of rejection, or did this just go to everyone that took the MCAT?

I know I'm overthinking things, but got an email yesterday inviting me to apply to the "1-year MA in Bioethics and Medical Humanities" (after I interviewed for the University Program a few weeks ago). Is this a sign of rejection, or did this just go to everyone that took the MCAT?
I've gotten that email like 10 times lol same with the Duke Singapore email

I've gotten that email like 10 times lol same with the Duke Singapore email
Haha, that's what I figured. I got paranoid because I got a (very thoughtful) reply to my thank you note from my interviewer about 10 minutes after receiving that email.

Big R crashed on me yesterday also. LizzyM 72. I am a real nice person though, thought that might offset my nominally impressive LizzyM. Clearly not.

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone sent an update letter (new pubs, etc) to Case Western? Their portal doesn't seem to have an option to do so, and I can't find any info on their admissions page about their update letter policy. Is anyone better informed than I am?

Last edited:
Has anyone sent an update letter (new pubs, etc) to Case Western? Their portal doesn't seem to have an option to do so, and I can't find any info on their admissions page about their update letter policy. Is anyone better informed than I am?

You can update if/when you interview!

Who else hoping to hear from Case tomorrow? I interviewed in September and they said we could possibly hear back today.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users