2018-2019 Dartmouth Geisel School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, very. Just make sure to print the parking pass and put it on your dashboard. The lot has tons of space in the morning and is a 5 minute walk from the admissions office.
Never mind! I found it, thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

II just now! Wow first thing Monday morning

Dates are early November

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected a second ago- bummer, I think I was a perfect mission and culture fit. complete mid July, best of luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 2 users
pre II

uh I'm not sure I'm following, why does it matter? If you don't have a rejection email you haven't been rejected... but no, no change on the portal other than in the communication status tab.
Last cycle I had a rejection on my portal but didnt get an email until later in the day so was trying to see if they are updating the portal this year too.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My MCAT isn't impressive and I don't like to share it, my GPA is 3.5, grad GPA 3.9. I have a good story. I'm a non-traditional with ~2 years of research, lots and lots of volunteer/shadowing hours. I also have masters degree and extremely diverse, I'm an international, bilingual, lived in 4 countries, 7 different states.

Did you only apply MSTP?

Rejected today!!! But I have to admit their rejection letter was nicely worded, they deserve a THANK YOU for it :)

I thought I had a good shot here as they are known to accept non-trad!

Applied MSTP, complete 08/18, non-Canadian international, non-trad

Rejected today!!! But I have to admit their rejection letter was nicely worded, they deserve a THANK YOU for it :)

Good luck on the rest of your cycle man!

I don’t know if i should be worried or relieved lol. Submitted mid July and still nothing so I’m guessing they’ve already passed me

Good luck on the rest of your cycle man!

I don’t know if i should be worried or relieved lol. Submitted mid July and still nothing so I’m guessing they’ve already passed me

Thanks!

At this moment, I feel there is no rest to my cycle! What I have left on my list are the top schools that I know for sure will reject me yet to receive that letter though!

No IIs, 10 rejections! ~ 30 More to come!

Reactions: 3 users
For those of you who know the area, what's the cheapest/best way to get to the school for OOS? Is it flying to Boston+bus the best option, or should I fly into one of the closer airports and rent a car? (Manchester, Lebanon, Burlington...)
Fly to Boston then bus. 100%

I'm planning on driving from Boston to Hanover on the evening of Wednesday, 10/25 for the Thursday 10/26 interview. If anyone is interviewing that day and would like to split the cost of a Zipcar, let me know!

Are there any students here that can talk about what life is like at Geisel? I love the school's mission and the opportunities offered but I come from a big city so I'm a little wary of living 4 years in Hanover.

Damn I am now kinda wondering what it said hahaha

i am still waiting for my nice rejection letter :(((( I was complete on July 6th, and still nothing

Why would anyone be in the Hanover area, except maybe to see family or something like that?

Why would anyone be in the Hanover area, except maybe to see family or something like that?
???
ITA doesn’t have to mean that person is literally going be in that city or town. As its name implies, just means they’re going to in the area. Anybody who’s been to New England knows that you could get to another state in like an hour or two’s drive. Maybe they are going to an interview in Vermont or MA. Renting a car or taking a bus/train and just extending the trip by a couple of days is cheaper than having to buy new round trip tickets if they have to return to the area for another interview.
I think sending an ITA is worth the shot, especially since Dartmouth’s admissions are pretty nice.

Reactions: 4 users
???
ITA doesn’t have to mean that person is literally going be in that city or town. As its name implies, just means they’re going to in the area. Anybody who’s been to New England knows that you could get to another state in like an hour or two’s drive. Maybe they are going to an interview in Vermont or MA. Renting a car or taking a bus/train and just extending the trip by a couple of days is cheaper than having to buy new round trip tickets if they have to return to the area for another interview.
I think sending an ITA is worth the shot, especially since Dartmouth’s admissions are pretty nice.

yeah i am flying from alaska so to me ITA is anything within 3 hr drive. i think i am already hitting 35,000 flying miles this interview cycle with what i have scheduled so far

Can anyone who already interviewed here tell me how it was and what the day was like? And what time did it end?

Can anyone who already interviewed here tell me how it was and what the day was like? And what time did it end?
The day ended at around 3:30-4, enough time to get the 4:30 shuttle back to Boston. The day was overall very good, they are welcoming, and the interviewers genuinely want to get know you. Wouldn’t stress too much and congrats on the interview!

I'm planning on driving from Boston to Hanover on the evening of Wednesday, 10/25 for the Thursday 10/26 interview. If anyone is interviewing that day and would like to split the cost of a Zipcar, let me know!
Just an FYI, 10/25 is a Thursday and 10/26 is a Friday.

Reactions: 5 users
+1 you aren't alone, friend. I've not received any IIs yet, just two Rs, and have been complete since first week of August. This is an incredibly frustrating process, but we've just got to hang in there and stay optimistic
Same here bud, all I have right now is a big fat R from Pitt. I was complete mid-August everywhere with LM 78. Basically just spending every day reading over my app for red flags at this point.

Same here bud, all I have right now is a big fat R from Pitt. I was complete mid-August everywhere with LM 78. Basically just spending every day reading over my app for red flags at this point.
The fact that you're rereading your app for red flags tells me that you likely have no red flags.

My stats aren't quite as good as yours, but I still had a solid app for Pitt and was rejected nonetheless. Many viable candidates were rejected as well; it's just part of the process.

Chin up man. With those stats, you should be confident about getting an interview.

Reactions: 8 users
Rejected just now.
Complete 7/7! Good luck to everyone :)

Bummed about the R. LM 73-74, slightly non-trad and seemingly a good fit. Complete early July.

Rejected, two rejections in one day