2018-2019 Emory University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Does anyone happen to know what the dates are for the Woodruff Fellowship Finalist weekend this year? I know they start deliberating in March, but when does the actual weekend take place?
I’m pretty sure the invitations themselves don’t go out until March and the weekend is in March as well

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Last year the weekend was March 23-24. Finalists were notified about 10 days prior. I would assume it will be similar this year. (Posting this because I know it’s difficult to get information about this scholarship and how the process works).

I just heard from the Office of Fiancial Aid, but I haven’t interviewed or even been invited to interview at Emory. Does that email go out to everyone?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just heard from the Office of Fiancial Aid, but I haven’t interviewed or even been invited to interview at Emory. Does that email go out to everyone?

I also received the same email and haven’t heard anything since submitting my secondary. Not sure if everyone who applied gets it or just those who have already put Emory as one of their schools on the FAFSA (like I did).

Same, I submitted back in August, zero response since then. When I filled out my FAFSA, I added them as a school. I am guessing anyone who filled out a FAFSA and added Emory might have received the email.

no news since submitting secondary, haven't gotten financial aid email

Just got an interview invite!! Complete since late July. Currently freaking out, this is my dream school.

There were 4 dates available in early Feb. (1, 3, 8, 11)

Reactions: 12 users
Just got an interview invite!! Complete since late July. Currently freaking out, this is my dream school.

There were 4 dates available in early Feb. (1, 3, 8, 11)
Congrats! Here's the obligatory "stats?" response

Anyone know how to go about updating Emory on fall semester grades? can't seem to find an add file button. thanks!

Anyone know how to go about updating Emory on fall semester grades? can't seem to find an add file button. thanks!
In the portal, under the "STATUS" heading, look to the column located on the left of the screen for "Update My Application." Here you'll find a text box where you can paste updates. There's only one box with a total of 1000 character space, so if you send an additional update after that, don't delete previous updates in the box! Simply add underneath it. I just put my updates here last week :)

Members don't see this ad :)
In the portal, under the "STATUS" heading, look to the column located on the left of the screen for "Update My Application." Here you'll find a text box where you can paste updates. There's only one box with a total of 1000 character space, so if you send an additional update after that, don't delete previous updates in the box! Simply add underneath it. I just put my updates here last week :)
thanks!

For those who have interviewed, could anyone comment on how they felt about the group interview?
Thank you!!

It was very short and low stress. They kind of ask questions one at a time so you don't really interact with the other interviewees. You don't have to worry about getting interrupted or not having a chance to speak.
agreed. Very low stress

Anyone whose been accepted already know they're going to Emory?

Interview today! Spots open from Feb 8th - 18th

Reactions: 2 users
What were your stats?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

To all those waiting on the committee decision today — good luck! :)

best of luck to everyone waiting for decisions this week!!! has anyone heard anything yet for the 1/21 acceptances batch via the portal? (I know it’s usually updated the day or two following letters sent out) :)

best of luck to everyone waiting for decisions this week!!! has anyone heard anything yet for the 1/21 acceptances batch via the portal? (I know it’s usually updated the day or two following letters sent out) :)
Nothing on my end but then again I’d put my chances at an acceptance at like 10% so I dunno lol

Nothing on my end but then again I’d put my chances at an acceptance at like 10% so I dunno lol

nothing here either lol I felt great after my interview on 12/7 and LOVED the school but didn’t get in on the batch immediately following my interview. just staying positive and checking now during each round. wishing you and everyone lots of luck/good vibes :)

PORTAL UPDATED OMG!!!!! EMORY SOM CLASS OF 2023 ❤️❤️❤️ For all those who didn’t get in IMMEDIATELY after your interview date, I am living proof that there is hope!!! Best of luck to everyone once again :)

Reactions: 19 users
PORTAL UPDATED OMG!!!!! EMORY SOM CLASS OF 2023 ❤️❤️❤️ For all those who didn’t get in IMMEDIATELY after your interview date, I am living proof that there is hope!!! Best of luck to everyone once again :)
Ahh congrats!!! Checked mine and it's still not updated.

Congrats! When did you interview?

Soooo has the 1/21 batch come out yet? I see one person got in (congrats!), but usually there's more than one posting about it... It would make sense that it wouldn't have been yesterday because post offices were closed for MLK day, but I don't know.

Soooo has the 1/21 batch come out yet? I see one person got in (congrats!), but usually there's more than one posting about it... It would make sense that it wouldn't have been yesterday because post offices were closed for MLK day, but I don't know.
I think they update the portal for those who get accepted....so....