2018-2019 George Washington University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R, was complete mid august :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the R right now. Sadly I really enjoyed the uniqueness of their curriculum but on to the next

Just got the pre-II R, was on hold since October :/ hurts more than I thought it would, but good luck to everyone still in the running

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete end of July. I don't know when I was put on hold for re-review. Sent an update and have not heard anything yet. I guess no news is good news. :) Did you include a letter of interest update?

R today also. Sorry to everyone else, keep looking forward!

R as well. But hey it's all good, at least I HEARD back from this school rather than radio silence.

Reactions: 3 users
Pre II rejection after being on hold for months
Completed mid August, OOS, Lm 67

Hey guys! Sorry to hear :( Did you all get rejected at around 8:30am? I'm wondering if the rejections are coming out throughout the day or if they batched them?

Anyone who has been accepted: signing/returning the acceptance forms are not binding, correct? Some of the language in the letters made it seem like it is but I'm pretty sure it is not. Sorry for the dumb question!

It's definitely not

Reactions: 1 users
Survived the R wave, was put on hold middle of August.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys! Sorry to hear :( Did you all get rejected at around 8:30am? I'm wondering if the rejections are coming out throughout the day or if they batched them?

I got mine at 11:30am ish

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II Rejection this morning

International - 3.6cGPA 513 MCAT. Professional Degree. Complete 9/15

Good luck to everyone else in the running!

Anyone else get put on hold in late July/early August and have yet to be re-reviewed?

Reactions: 8 users
R today after being put on hold in August. Complete mid-August. LM 70. Good luck to everyone else <3

Anyone else get put on hold in late July/early August and have yet to be re-reviewed?
Me!... although what I think might be happening is that the status change to "re-review" seems to have only happened to people who then go on to receive II. Among those rejected, I think they go from "hold" to directly getting the R via email without a status change. Not sure though- perhaps others can confirm.

Is there a facebook group for accepted students?

Pooped my pants a little when I saw these R's. Immediately submitted another update. Goin down swinging dammit

Reactions: 18 users
Me!... although what I think might be happening is that the status change to "re-review" seems to have only happened to people who then go on to receive II. Among those rejected, I think they go from "hold" to directly getting the R via email without a status change. Not sure though- perhaps others can confirm.
My status was still hold for re-review last night and then I got the R this morning, so this may be true.

Anyone still alive with mid-July complete date? Been on hold since then lol

Reactions: 14 users
Also got the axe today, complete late August put on hold two weeks later. Saw the email right before my 4-hour drive home for Thanksgiving break so needless to say that was a great chance for me to ponder my failures

Reactions: 7 users
Just wanted to share a few things I learned from GW's open house. If anyone is on the fence about applying here or sending a secondary in, this school apparently does not penalize you for submitting a later secondary (even before the deadline). Their review process is pretty fast and admissions told us we still have a good chance if we submit the secondary in December (not saying that's what you should do of course). They told us that they have accepted people a week before classes begin as well. Lastly, admissions mentioned that not all files are re-reviewed an equal number of times, and there is no way to predict who gets re-reviewed when. I think applications are sorted into certain piles for re-review, and some are re-reviewed at a higher priority than others :shrug:

Also, their international medicine opportunities are simply amazing and a lot of the students I met wanted to do an MD/MPH! :)

Just got my rejection pre-II today guys, this one really got to me, good luck to the rest of you!

Confirmed

Rejected post hold, pre II yesterday as well. I had just submitted an update the day before, and thought my update was the reason for my R. So I was relieved in a way to find out they sent out many rejections, haha. Good luck to everyone else!

Sent an update in on Thursday, just checked status and it changed from on hold for re-review to your file is under review. Hopefully more good news to come!

Reactions: 5 users
Sent an update in on Thursday, just checked status and it changed from on hold for re-review to your file is under review. Hopefully more good news to come!
congrats!! was it a significant update?

I know this is a late reply but I am in that boat too. Do you know anyone who has been re-reviewed and got an interview?

I know this is a late reply but I am in that boat too. Do you know anyone who has been re-reviewed and got an interview?

Several ppl on this thread. My theory is that people put on hold get assigned different re-review dates/periods, but I don't know for certain.

Anybody know when acceptances off the WL started going off last cycle?

Complete and on hold since July. Sent update ~2 weeks ago. II Monday (Nov 19th) for late January.