2018-2019 George Washington University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete and on hold since July. Sent update ~2 weeks ago. II Monday (Nov 19th) for late January.
Congrats! Stats? and was it a significant update or general status.

Members don't see this ad.

Just withdrew my 12/7 interview spot. Good luck to you all on the rest of the cycle!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also got an II but that 28% post-II acceptance rate wow

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have any hotel recommendation that is close to the campus and is not too pricey?

Thank you!

Juuuust got a rejection from them, after being complete 10/15...quick turnaround considering I haven't even heard back from the other schools I applied to months prior

Post-hold R this morning; complete 07/29, on hold 08/29. Got an email that said my app had been re-reviewed but they couldn't extend an II. Oh well!

Good luck to the rest of y'all!

did anyone get an invitation from AMCAS about the "choose your school tool" as referred to in the GW update email?

Anyone have a clue as to when the next wave of II is gonna be?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have a clue as to when the next wave of II is gonna be?

According to the info reported in this thread, there really haven't been waves of IIs here. IIs are sent out steadily, pretty much every day.

II today! Complete late July, put on hold sometime in August. Sent an update on Nov. 6th. LizzyM ~70.

Reactions: 11 users
Are they going to send out WL acceptances before spring or should we just hold on tight til then?

Are they going to send out WL acceptances before spring or should we just hold on tight til then?

I just called and they basically said no (dude from Admissions: "it's to the Adcoms discretion, we really cannot say, please refer to the website for other details"). I also asked about the Q&A webinar, since they never listed a date in that WL email, and they also didn't have an answer for that but said to sit tight, sigh.

Here's to gently bombarding them with updates until spring!

I just called and they basically said no (dude from Admissions: "it's to the Adcoms discretion, we really cannot say, please refer to the website for other details"). I also asked about the Q&A webinar, since they never listed a date in that WL email, and they also didn't have an answer for that but said to sit tight, sigh.

Here's to gently bombarding them with updates until spring!
lol thats my plan too. I lved the interview day so going to send an LOI too and depending on my other options I may send a LOIntent in the spring

Reactions: 1 user
For the last few years, they havent accepted anyone off the waitlist till late in the cycle, so it might be a long wait. However, keep the updates going. I feel like that was the most helpful part for me getting off the waitlist

Does anyone have an idea of how many IIs they have left? Or when they are scheduling the recent ones given? This is my absolute dream school and I really thought I had a shot :/ my update may not have been enough. The more I read about it the more I love this place agh.

Does anyone have an idea of how many IIs they have left? Or when they are scheduling the recent ones given? This is my absolute dream school and I really thought I had a shot :/ my update may not have been enough. The more I read about it the more I love this place agh.

Same :( this was my number one dream school going in. Plus I'm a resident of this area and love it so much. Still holding out hope...but after bad news from both Georgetown and Maryland, I don't have a great feeling.

Your guess is probably as good as anyone's about how many II's are left. Last year they sent them into March. FWIW lately R waves have been on alternating Fridays...so maybe another one tmw? Sigh.

II invite today! complete 08/09
update 11/19
I was previously on hold

Reactions: 12 users
For the last few years, they havent accepted anyone off the waitlist till late in the cycle, so it might be a long wait. However, keep the updates going. I feel like that was the most helpful part for me getting off the waitlist
I have a good friend who is a current student who was accepted off the alternate list in march. I've seen on the GW sdn forum for the past two years people speculating that there is no movement before traffic day but that is false

II yesterday for mid February. Complete mid July - was previously on hold and provided an update last week.

Reactions: 4 users
II today, complete early August and been on hold since late August.

Reactions: 3 users
Is the post II acceptance rate really like 20%?? yikes

My faculty interviewer did not write down anything I said....is this normal/ anyone else have this experience?

My faculty interviewer did not write down anything I said....is this normal/ anyone else have this experience?
Yeah my interviewer did the same but I didn't feel nervous about this as much. The interview was very conversational and in the end she stated she wanted to find out if I had the right demeanor and attitude which made sense with the topics we discussed.

Did anyone attend the Application GW Webinar? I couldn't make it but now I can't find a recording anywhere :/

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
If I want to send an update but have nothing meaningful to report... any ideas? It seems like updates correlate strongly with having your application reviewed but I'm 2 years out of school and just working so it isn't like I have grade updates or research going on right now. Thoughts?
"Heyyyyyyyyy"

To be serious: I didn't send an update and was still given an II after being on hold since July

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Waitlisted today. Interviewed in the end of October.

Any insight on what waitlist movement is like here? :)

Waitlisted today. Interviewed in the end of October.

Any insight on what waitlist movement is like here? :)
Would you mind pming the exact date? Trying to figure out how long decisions are taking this year, would really appreciate it.

Would you mind pming the exact date? Trying to figure out how long decisions are taking this year, would really appreciate it.

It won't let me PM you for some reason, but it's fine. I interviewed October 26th!

I interviewed 10/30 and haven't heard anything yet. I hope there's good news in store!

for those who received interview invites recently, what dates were available?

I received an II in the past few days. My date was in late Feb.

Does anyone know when George Washington starts and ends their interview season? Does a January interview mean a probable waitlist?
I had a January interview last year and got in without being waitlisted. You’re good