2018-2019 University of Toledo College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys!

So I spoke with financial aid office today. They had advised me that typically COA for in-state students all 4 years is about 210k. Has anyone heard similar that this is what students graduate in debt with? Or anyone heard something differently?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else interview 3/22? I wonder how long they will take to get back to us, I believe they said 3-4 weeks? Today marks 3 weeks.

Just withdrew from here, hopefully someone gets in off the WL. I went here for undergrad and I absolutely loved the city of Toledo and the University. Congrats to anyone who is accepted here, you'll love it.

If anyone has any questions about living in Toledo or anything like that I'm happy to answer those too!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else interview 3/22? I wonder how long they will take to get back to us, I believe they said 3-4 weeks? Today marks 3 weeks.
I interviewed 2/22 and we still haven't heard back

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received any scholarship award with their financial aid? Need-based? Merit based? I know the presidential scholarships (full-ride) are probably handed out before the commitment date, but has anyone received those other scholarship types I've listed?

I was told that scholarships are handed out after the commitment date during the summer. This was disappointing.
agreed- makes the decision much harder when you don't have full info on financial assistance

So do we have to make a decision on which school to pick by April 30th? And what if they haven’t responded with an answer by then?

So do we have to make a decision on which school to pick by April 30th? And what if they haven’t responded with an answer by then?

“Dear AMCAS Applicant,

We wanted to remind you about two important changes beginning April 30 with the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School tool:

1. Accepted applicants will have two options to select in accordance with each medical school’s specific policies and deadlines: “Plan to Enroll” and “Commit to Enroll.”

- Selecting “Commit to Enroll” indicates that the applicant has made a final selection and has withdrawn all other applications, including alternate list offers.
- If an applicant selects “Commit to Enroll” to a school, all other schools where the applicant also holds an acceptance or alternate list offer will be notified but will not know the name of the school selected.
- Selecting “Commit to Enroll” does not automatically withdraw applications from other medical schools. Applicants must communicate directly with all schools about their final decision according to each school’s specific policy.
- If you have a current “Plan to Enroll” selection, please be sure to review your selection on April 30.

2. The AMCAS tool will identify the applicants making their “Plan to Enroll” or “Commit to Enroll” selection. This applicant-specific information will be visible only to schools where the applicant has a current acceptance or alternate-list position.

Remember to continue to follow school-specific policies and procedures, including their “Choose Your Medical School” tool requirements. The primary, official method of communication during this process takes place between an applicant and a school. This tool is intended to supplement, not replace, that communication.”

If you get accepted off a waitlist after 4/30, provided that you chose “Plan to Enroll” at your other acceptance (as opposed to “Commit to Enroll”), you can take that new offer.

“Dear AMCAS Applicant,

We wanted to remind you about two important changes beginning April 30 with the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School tool:

1. Accepted applicants will have two options to select in accordance with each medical school’s specific policies and deadlines: “Plan to Enroll” and “Commit to Enroll.”

- Selecting “Commit to Enroll” indicates that the applicant has made a final selection and has withdrawn all other applications, including alternate list offers.
- If an applicant selects “Commit to Enroll” to a school, all other schools where the applicant also holds an acceptance or alternate list offer will be notified but will not know the name of the school selected.
- Selecting “Commit to Enroll” does not automatically withdraw applications from other medical schools. Applicants must communicate directly with all schools about their final decision according to each school’s specific policy.
- If you have a current “Plan to Enroll” selection, please be sure to review your selection on April 30.

2. The AMCAS tool will identify the applicants making their “Plan to Enroll” or “Commit to Enroll” selection. This applicant-specific information will be visible only to schools where the applicant has a current acceptance or alternate-list position.

Remember to continue to follow school-specific policies and procedures, including their “Choose Your Medical School” tool requirements. The primary, official method of communication during this process takes place between an applicant and a school. This tool is intended to supplement, not replace, that communication.”

If you get accepted off a waitlist after 4/30, provided that you chose “Plan to Enroll” at your other acceptance (as opposed to “Commit to Enroll”), you can take that new offer.

Not every school is using those tools. A school I am waitlisted at informed me that selecting commit to enroll at another school would in no way affect my waitlist status. I think it depends on each individual school’s policies.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not every school is using those tools. A school I am waitlisted at informed me that selecting commit to enroll at another school would in no way affect my waitlist status. I think it depends on each individual school’s policies.
Hence the last quoted paragraph in my post: "Remember to continue to follow school-specific policies and procedures, including their “Choose Your Medical School” tool requirements. The primary, official method of communication during this process takes place between an applicant and a school. This tool is intended to supplement, not replace, that communication.”

Has anyone received any scholarship award with their financial aid? Need-based? Merit based? I know the presidential scholarships (full-ride) are probably handed out before the commitment date, but has anyone received those other scholarship types I've listed?
+1

How many people are still waiting to hear the verdict post interview? Today marks one month since my interview so hopefully we hear soon.

I am really hoping that 3/8 date will be able to hear back before the commitment date (April30) because I have to go with my other accepted school if I don’t hear back on their decision...

I am really hoping that 3/8 date will be able to hear back before the commitment date (April30) because I have to go with my other accepted school if I don’t hear back on their decision...

Could be wrong, but you should still be able to matriculate at Toledo after April 30 over your other choice---even if you've selected the Commit to Enroll option. I would double check with programs though.

I would believe they would let us know at least a week or so before April 30th, out of respect to the applicants.

I would believe they would let us know at least a week or so before April 30th, out of respect to the applicants.
I would surely hope so. I’m in a pickle and I would really like an answer before I have to pick my second choice over my first

I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be the day.

any incoming M1's here, personal message me! excited to meet fellow classmates.

Did some snooping and looks like WL movement started around June last year and there was a WL of 190 people where 7% (13 people) were given offers and 65% of those offers were accepted. Not looking so hot for us UT WL-ers

I wonder if they've interviewed the same amount of people this cycle. Last year, interviews extended into May. Unsure if they're doing that again.

Who has been the last accepted date? Still waiting for March 8th interview date for an answer..

Who has been the last accepted date? Still waiting for March 8th interview date for an answer..

Some people who interviewed in February are still waiting I believe. They’re probably very busy wrapping up the interview season. However April 30th is approaching so I assume you’ll hear soon.

Does anyone have Toledo's policy on commit to enroll? I know certain schools have grace periods outside aamc guidelines.

Does anyone have Toledo's policy on commit to enroll? I know certain schools have grace periods outside aamc guidelines.

I emailed them a while ago and they said they are adhering to the AMCAS timeline and guidelines.

I emailed them a while ago and they said they are adhering to the AMCAS timeline and guidelines.

Thanks so much! Yeah I couldn’t find anything in an email or on their website about extensions past the aamc timeline

So if we hear back Monday 4/29, does that mean we have only 24 hours to decide between other schools?

So if we hear back Monday 4/29, does that mean we have only 24 hours to decide between other schools?

No, you have to select PTE on April 30th. You still have time to decide even if they tell you the day before.

Officially withdrew today. Hope it goes to one of you guys.

I wish that they awarded scholarships early on before the commitment date like they have done in the past year. This year they decided to award scholarships later on in the summer. Honestly, this was my biggest deterrent and deciding factor as to whether I attended or not. Very happy though with my choice and wish you all the best of luck future docs!!! <3

I haven’t heard anything either from early March

I’ve not heard anything and I interviewed 3/22. This Friday marks 6 weeks from the interview. It’s surprising that people from February are still waiting for an answer.

Thank you! Complete 7/16, cGPA 3.76, sGPA 3.67, MCAT 528, ORM.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm an IS applicant!
Can I PM about your study plan to achieve that score? I’m looking to apply to UT next cycle!

Officially withdrew today. Hope it goes to one of you guys.

I wish that they awarded scholarships early on before the commitment date like they have done in the past year. This year they decided to award scholarships later on in the summer. Honestly, this was my biggest deterrent and deciding factor as to whether I attended or not. Very happy though with my choice and wish you all the best of luck future docs!!! <3
I’m interested in applying to UT next cycle and I noticed that we had similar stats/are URM so I PMd you some questions, would really appreciate if you took a look.

I’ve not heard anything and I interviewed 3/22. This Friday marks 6 weeks from the interview. It’s surprising that people from February are still waiting for an answer.
Interviewed on 3/1, still waiting for a reply... Anyone else??

Was accepted today! Mid-Feb interview.

Is there a Facebook group?

Reactions: 4 users
I got an email today saying they will be beginning acceptances on a rolling basis, so February interviews should hear, then early March, then late March I assume.

Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew my acceptance, I hope it goes to one of you guys! Good luck.