2018-2019 Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks. I recently applied to a job and didn't get the position bc I was on a waitlist (they asked at the interview, wackkkk).
I was wondering if the administration was keeping us hanging for nothing. Based on your answer, it's not completely baseless.
I understand the other student's sentiment that it's best to prepare for the worst though.
Fam I wouldn't tell jobs you're waitlisted. You gotta take care of yourself financially. This late in the cycle, there is a very low chance of being pulled from the waitlist. I would tell them that you plan to go to school "in the future" (I'd leave it vague). It is not fair to lose out on adequately paying jobs when there is no guarantee you'll get accepted

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Fam I wouldn't tell jobs you're waitlisted. You gotta take care of yourself financially. This late in the cycle, there is a very low chance of being pulled from the waitlist. I would tell them that you plan to go to school "in the future" (I'd leave it vague). It is not fair to lose out on adequately paying jobs when there is no guarantee y
totally agree - the chances of admission now are slim

Last edited: