2018-2019 University of Toledo College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received an invitation to second look day? Noticed on their site that it's by invitation only.
No, but when is second look? I feel like they have quite a bit of time to send those out, but again, I don't know it's just speculation! I wouldn't worry about it though!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've seen some schools where they only invite people back who have multiple acceptances. Not sure exactly how Toledo does it though.

Has anyone received an invitation to second look day? Noticed on their site that it's by invitation only.

I called and asked. Accepted can attend

Reactions: 1 users
Me! I am OOS so I wasn't too hopeful but it would be nice to know

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
starting to think you must need serious toledo connections to get an II here, i'm IS and have received no love, but i have received IIs from other Ohio schools
I'm a current M1 here who wasn't from Ohio, and who had never been to Toledo aside from the interview and I was accepted. Don't give up hope!

Any 1/25 people hear back yet? I thought they said we would hear back in 4 weeks but not 100% sure

Does anyone know what days Toledo conducts interviews?

Any 1/25 people hear back yet? I thought they said we would hear back in 4 weeks but not 100% sure
Without having looked at the thread to see if people have/haven't, that's the week I interviewed in last year and I didn't hear back until the first week of March (they also told us we should hear back in four weeks). There were also a handful of people who interviewed with me that heard back a week or two before I did.

Mariposas, I think they only do them on Fridays.

Without having looked at the thread to see if people have/haven't, that's the week I interviewed in last year and I didn't hear back until the first week of March (they also told us we should hear back in four weeks). There were also a handful of people who interviewed with me that heard back a week or two before I did.

Mariposas, I think they only do them on Fridays.
Yeah they said 4 weeks but considering a lot of people from 2 weeks before haven’t heard, idk what’s going on. If we are accepted later, can we still qualify for scholarships if it’s after the application deadline?

Yeah they said 4 weeks but considering a lot of people from 2 weeks before haven’t heard, idk what’s going on. If we are accepted later, can we still qualify for scholarships if it’s after the application deadline?

No, however, you still may receive an institutional scholarship that the school's scholarship committee awards to you and you don't apply for. I got accepted way after the scholarship deadline, but still received an institutional scholarship from UT that is over all four years.

No, however, you still may receive an institutional scholarship that the school's scholarship committee awards to you and you don't apply for. I got accepted way after the scholarship deadline, but still received an institutional scholarship from UT that is over all four years.

Wait I think you were one of my tour guides in December!

How many from the 1/25 interview date have heard? Has anyone been WL from that date yet? So nervous...

How many from the 1/25 interview date have heard? Has anyone been WL from that date yet? So nervous...
Nada. Someone I know interviewed in November and it took them about 5.5 weeks to hear back. So I’m assuming we should hear back within the next week

Anyone know if last minute II are going out or have they stopped?

Heads up: when I interviewed they said 4-6 weeks. This was two weeks ago

Interviewed 1/18 and still (very anxiously) waiting to hear something

Got the acceptance about 10 mins ago! Interviewed 1/25. Instate, graduating undergrad this year. Go rockets!

LM 64.5 with 511 MCAT and 3.35 Cumulative and 3.22 science at time of application!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Got the acceptance about 10 mins ago! Interviewed 1/25. Instate, graduating undergrad this year. Go rockets!

LM 64.5 with 511 MCAT and 3.35 Cumulative and 3.22 science at time of application!!!!!
Congrats! Did you get an email or did it show up in the portal?

Email! Just one for now (I know most people said they get like nine right away but mines just one)

Don’t worry!!! People get accepted at all different times from different interview dates and I’ve only seen one other post about a ~4pm acceptance letter so I don’t know how common it is!!

Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews, or when their last interview date is? I was complete early September and have not heard anything yet

I don’t think so just because they don’t give you the name of the MMI interviewers so it’s kinda hard to figure out where the notes go
On my interview day, they said if you sent a note, they'd share with everyone involved in the interview process after the end of the interview season.
(basically: feel free to send one, but it will in no way impact your application)

Can any current students talk about second look? Is it worth bringing parents or spouses? My main concern is the travel cost.

At my interview, I asked this question to the assistant dean of admissions. To my surprise, he actually said, "don't bother... like seriously, it is unnecessary". For every interview I have sent one, but following that response, I did not.

Agreed, I did for other schools, but not Toledo.

Did any accepted students screenshot the terms of accepting before accepting? I did not and I don't remember what it said about the deadline about "commit to enroll" on AMCAS (how many days prior to matriculation do we need to pull waitlists from other schools and select this option on AMCAS?)

Or y'all that are waiting for post-II news... Can you keep an eye out for that and post it here? It won't let me go back to it on the portal. No idea why.

Did any accepted students screenshot the terms of accepting before accepting? I did not and I don't remember what it said about the deadline about "commit to enroll" on AMCAS (how many days prior to matriculation do we need to pull waitlists from other schools and select this option on AMCAS?)
I took screenshots. Message me privately I can send them